there are other brands with the active ingredient - ketoconazole - that is in Nizoral with a combination of other beneficial ingredients for hair.

check out this link:  https://www.holdthehairline.com/nizoral-hair-loss/

I personally use the Regenpure products - the DR contains ketoconazole and the NT is the hair nourishing product - 

other brand names are just as effective and prices range dramatically - so you can shop based on your budget

18 minutes ago, home1212 said:

there are other brands with the active ingredient - ketoconazole - that is in Nizoral with a combination of other beneficial ingredients for hair.

check out this link:  https://www.holdthehairline.com/nizoral-hair-loss/

I personally use the Regenpure products - the DR contains ketoconazole and the NT is the hair nourishing product - 

other brand names are just as effective and prices range dramatically - so you can shop based on your budget

did it do anything for you?

I use it primarily to treat my scalp. I can't say for sure if it helps with my MPB, but I do know that the healthier my scalp is, the less hair fall I tend to have. I have a really sensitive scalp, and when it breaks out (gets really red, itchy, etc.) I have significantly more hair fall than normal, and the Nizoral keeps that from happening. I use it about 1-2 times per week, particularly when I can tell my scalp is on the verge of breaking out. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

12 hours ago, pkipling said:

I use it primarily to treat my scalp. I can't say for sure if it helps with my MPB, but I do know that the healthier my scalp is, the less hair fall I tend to have. I have a really sensitive scalp, and when it breaks out (gets really red, itchy, etc.) I have significantly more hair fall than normal, and the Nizoral keeps that from happening. I use it about 1-2 times per week, particularly when I can tell my scalp is on the verge of breaking out. 

Interesting . I am assuming you’re referring to foliculitis when you talk about breaking out? 

I had a similar problem pre HT and the thing that really helped me was Tar shampoo. Not sure if that has any beneficial qualities related to hair loss but it was amazingly effective in clearing up my scalp acne (folliculutis)

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2019 at 6:05 AM, HarryHonolulu said:

Interesting . I am assuming you’re referring to foliculitis when you talk about breaking out? 

I had a similar problem pre HT and the thing that really helped me was Tar shampoo. Not sure if that has any beneficial qualities related to hair loss but it was amazingly effective in clearing up my scalp acne (folliculutis)

I believe technically it's dermatitis that I deal with; I don't have scalp acne, per se, but it gets red, itchy, and flakey - and can burn when left untreated. The Nizoral/Clobetasol Proprionate combo has been a miracle working formula for me when I have flareups. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56