Hair Transplants, The Good, The Bad and The UGLY

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

This forum has helped so many including myself navigate the waters of hair restoration. But some aren't so lucky, it's an important topic, because hair transplant surgeons aren't created equal. This community has battled free-speech lawsuits for the protection of patients before patients had a voice. Thankfully, now we have a voice and we're able to share our journeys and experiences with one another.

Share this video with friends, family and social media. Who ever may be considering a hair transplant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, VicTNYC said:

Hey Melvin, How many grafts total did you have transplanted? And how long ago since your last Ht? Hair looks great btw.

I’ve had a total of 5,300 grafts, my last hair transplant was 2 1/2 years ago. Thanks I was trying a different hairstyle. That’s the beauty of having hair.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Phillyman1996 said:

Man. Some people neeed to do their research. Alot of bad hair transplants these days. Are you ever going to get more transplants?

Yes, I agree. I thank god that I found this forum. As a collective group, we know who’s doing good surgery and who’s not. That’s why I truly feel anyone considering surgery needs to come on here first and research gain knowledge before pulling the trigger. 

I’m thinking of getting one more hair transplant, to fix some minor issues. I’m not in a hurry. I fix those minor issues with caboki, so it’s not a big deal for me at the moment.

View my thread

18 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I’ve had a total of 5,300 grafts, my last hair transplant was 2 1/2 years ago. Thanks I was trying a different hairstyle. That’s the beauty of having hair.

Thanks for the reply. Dr Diep did a great job on you!

• Thanks 1

Yeah the reality is, despite all the improvements and innovations related to today’s modern follicular unit hair transplant surgery either via FUSS or FUE, and there are still some clinics out there using old school techniques. Let’s think about this, follicular unit hair transplant surgery has been around since the late 90s. That’s over 20 years ago. And there are still some clinics/surgeons that haven’t even evolved to using follicular units yet.

Now I would say that the most common problem is poor growth.   Because even though  any clinics are now doing follicular unit hair transplant surgery,  One or more of the team members participating in the procedure are being careless or aren’t skilled enough to handle the fragile grafts and as a result,  many patients are still seeing poor growth on a regular basis. 

This is why it is crucial to select a surgeon based on a proven ability to produce outstanding results consistently. Yes, even the best surgeons have some cases of less than optimal growth, but overall, a surgeon who is consistent in producing outstanding results is a surgeon worth considering.

Best wishes,

Bill

Few things:

First, it was great to see a Dr. Konior patient highlighted as a "Good."

I also think at 1:39, the guy's hair is not too low (its higher than yours), it is just terrible artistry, shape, and probably plenty of doubles.

The music was much more tolerable to my aging ears in this video and I think they really made the right decision to select you as a Co-Moderator. The quality of your contributions are an asset to the site. 

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, Spanker said:

Few things:

First, it was great to see a Dr. Konior patient highlighted as a "Good."

I also think at 1:39, the guy's hair is not too low (its higher that yours), it is just terrible artistry, shape, and probably plenty of doubles.

The music was much more tolerable to my aging ears in this video and I think they really made the right decision to select you as a Co-Moderator. The quality of your contributions are an asset to the site. 

Perhaps not to low, but the shape was too straight. He had a hairline that you would see on a guy of african descent, with the temple points squared. Caucasian men have angular temple points. Yes haha that famous green background is hard to miss. Thank you spanker I’m really passionate about the work I do here.

View my thread

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Triple7 said:

Great video Melvin. Thanks for all that you do for the forum. Your hair transplant looks great!

Thanks 🙏🏼 I appreciate it.

View my thread

22 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

This forum has helped so many including myself navigate the waters of hair restoration. But some aren't so lucky, it's an important topic, because hair transplant surgeons aren't created equal. This community has battled free-speech lawsuits for the protection of patients before patients had a voice. Thankfully, now we have a voice and we're able to share our journeys and experiences with one another.

Share this video with friends, family and social media. Who ever may be considering a hair transplant.

Melvin, great, great video. 

Your input, and your effort to this site has honestly made my investigation so much easier. Same goes to all contributors.

Also, your result is amazing - looks to have been a real home run. Congrats :)

• Administrators
1 minute ago, bonkling said:

Melvin, great, great video. 

Your input, and your effort to this site has honestly made my investigation so much easier. Same goes to all contributors.

Also, your result is amazing - looks to have been a real home run. Congrats :)

Thank you, 

I really appreciate it. I really do value the community. I owe my results to the knowledge I gained here, so in a way I’m just giving back.

• Thanks 1

View my thread