30 days post op

Hi,

I'm just over 30 days since my FUE op and i have few questions.

To me it looks like most of the transplanted hair already shaded but still i see hair falls in large amount when i wash me head, my question is how long is the shading period takes? 

Till now i washed my hair twice a day with the clinic shampoo they gave me using only cold water with very low water flow, and i didn't wipe the hair after(i let it dry naturally), when can i use hot water and a regular water flow and use a towel?

So far i used a very loose cap, is it OK to wear a normal one now?

If the hair shaded, can i lose grafts somehow?

It is important that you follow your doctor's post-op instructions.  Most clinics provide them in writing and/or have them available on their respective websites.  Did they provide them to you?

Also, it is probably shock loss that you are experiencing along with some shed grafts.  Hard to day how much of it are the shed grafts since we cannot see what you are shedding.  But it is typical for shock loss to occur at this point in time post-op.

Most post-op instructions call for using luke warm water when washing and rinsing hair post-op, not cold.

Very unlikely to lose any grafts at 4 weeks post-op and best to ask your doctor about wearing the ball cap for their advice.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

The post-op instructions vary from clinic to clinic, so it really is important to consult with your surgeon in terms of how to care for your hair. We tell our patients that they can wash their hair normally on day 6. At this stage of the game, I think your normal activities are all acceptable (aside from keeping grafts out of the sun until month 6), but this really is a question for your own surgeon. It's always a good idea to follow the specific instructions they give you. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:27 AM, redarmy said:

I got instruction for the first month as far as i can remember.

Based on what do you think i suffer from shock loss? 

Based on the volume of hair that you are shedding and also the time of it occurring post-op which is typical for this to happen.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY