Ready to do it

I have had a slowly receding hairline since my 20’s.  After reading about FUE and FUT I decided that FUE is the path for me as I tend to wear my hair short in the back. I had done some research and several months back had a consult with one doctor that recommended 2000 grafts, which seemed about right based on lots of other pics I’ve seen of others with a similar hairline. For FUE the price was a little over $18k which had me in a bit of sticker shock. I’m all about quality over price, but also don’t want to pay too much if other great doctors can do the same for less.  I recently have been looking at other doctors because I figured it would be smart to get a few opinions. Has anyone ever had a HT from Dr. Ashruf in Hanover, MD?  I searched here but couldn’t find anything.  I’m sure I’ll get other opinions as well before I pull the trigger.

never heard of him in the hair restoration community but seems to be a plastic surgeon based on website info - one piece of advice I would automatically give is that you should limit your search to doctors whose practice is dedicated to hair transplants surgery only - it is a specialized field that requires unique skills and/or surgical tools that doctors who do also do liposuctions, rhinoplasty or facelifts won't necessarily have   

Edited by home1212
  • Like 1

I decided on FUE on my own because I like to wear my hair pretty short in the back.  I definitely plan to do more research before I move forward.  It really pays to do so. I found another place called Maryland Hair Restoration with a Dr. Balvant Arora. Website claims he “is among the most experienced Neograft hair restoration physicians in the United States” yet when I try to find reviews on him all I can find are plastic surgery reviews. Not a single HT review. I’ve been looking more on this site and am thinking about contacting Dr. Vories for a consult.