Grow Band - Increased oxygen + blood flow to hair follicles = new hair growth?

psychopomp1

14 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

$300 dollars for a blood pressure cuff you put on your head. I went in to the wrong business.

I wonder if one could buy one of those ab toning belts that go for $99 and put that on the scalp to increase & stimulate circulation and hair regrowth....or maybe I’ll just invent and repurpose one and market it for Hair loss...hmmm 🤑🤑🤑

8 hours ago, Legend007 said:

Gas can’t afford the growband or laser helmet .. too bad for u .  Keep poppin those biotin pills .. it’s doing wonders .. 

I like you legend and supported you as well. But to support such an obvious scam is just … wrong. I do not want that unexperienced and desperate hair loss sufferers waste time (!) and money and such nonsense. If this device would be any good, the company could show a nice report in here or elsewhere. Or do you think there is no one with hairloss in the company? This is scam and the money back guarantee is the oldest trick in the world. 

Biotin is scam as well if you think it will stop your loss or regrow hair. There is FIN, MINOX and DUT. Maybe some minor effects with KET: End of story. Everything else will make you lose more time = lose more hair.

And by the way: At least I was able to pay the clinic so they did not cancel on me 😉

• Haha 1

TBH I'm also highly doubtful if the Growband (aka glorified blood pressure cuff...lol) will magically re-grow my hair, however i'm fairly confident they'll refund me without any quibbles should I return it under their 6 month money back guarantee. Therefore its pretty much a risk free purchase and I'm willing to give the device a chance.

There's a 10-16 day waiting period for delivery, so once I receive it, I wil post pics of it and also my hair and give folks regular progress photos. It may work, it may not...I'm keeping an open mind until I've used the device for at least a few months :)

Edited by psychopomp1

• Moderators
On 3/9/2019 at 4:38 AM, psychopomp1 said:

TBH I'm also highly doubtful if the Growband (aka glorified blood pressure cuff...lol) will magically re-grow my hair, however i'm fairly confident they'll refund me without any quibbles should I return it under their 6 month money back guarantee. Therefore its pretty much a risk free purchase and I'm willing to give the device a chance.

Make sure you read any fine print about returning it. The web site says you need to return it in the original packaging, so make sure you keep everything that it comes in. You also must call them prior to returning it, so my guess is they will try to convince you to keep trying it for a longer time period. Even if they tell you on the phone that they will honor an additional 6 months of use and still let you return it, make sure you get some kind of proof as that may simply be a salesman at that point trying to keep his commission. I'm not saying they won't honor the money back guarantee, just make sure you follow everything correctly, so they can't refuse you later.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok received my Growband yesterday after waiting nearly 4 weeks. Used it a couple of times already and indeed it applies pressure to your scalp. From the start I can reach 160-180 mmHg pressures comfortably, despite the instructions saying you may only reach 40 mmHg. Maximum recommended is 200 mmHg. Anyway I will use it for 5-6 months and see how I get on. I remain sceptical however I'm willing to give it a chance. Oh and they also included a free bottle of Elixir as an apology for the order delay. Some photos:

IMG-0473.jpg

IMG-0474.jpg

IMG-0475.jpg

IMG-0476.jpg

IMG-0477.jpg

IMG-0478.jpg

IMG-0479.jpg

IMG-0480.jpg

• Administrators

Can you take a picture with it on your head to show us how it works. Also, mind taking a picture of the ingredients in this “scalp elixir”.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Melvin-Moderator

After putting on the growband, you press the hand pump (see earlier photos) a few times to inflate to the highest pressure you can tolerate, keep the band at that pressure for 2-5 seconds and then release pressure by pressing the red button. Repeat procedure for 10-15 mins. Its very easy to do but a very mundane activity so I recommend doing it whilst watching TV or similar.

Some photos

IMG-0485.jpg

IMG-0486.jpg

IMG-0498.jpg

Elixir ingredients:

IMG-0483.jpg

IMG-0484.jpg

Edited by psychopomp1

• Administrators

Thanks, 

Although I’m highly skeptical, I’m happy you’re keeping us informed and I’ll follow your progress closely.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Thanks for posting and testing it this out, I’m very skeptical of the band and think you’ll probably see some results from their “Scalp Elixir” as it’s ingredients look decent to combat DHT in the scalp so it might be tricky to know for sure what is actually giving you progress the band or the elixir if you decide to use both daily, but will be following your posts if any good progress develops. Good luck!

Yeah I will update my progress in the thread.

Only thing I'm slightly disappointed with is that its quite fiddly applying the Elixir, would prefer a screw-on type dropper on the bottle instead of a separate dropper/syringe. 

• 4 weeks later...

An update, after just over 3 weeks of using the Growband & also the Scalp Elixir. Wasn't expecting results so soon but started seeing (& feeling) very small/wispy hairs beginning to grow back on my crown. This is after using the Growband daily for around 20 mins (not missed a day yet) and also applying the Scalp Elixir nightly before going to bed. I massage the lotion on the scalp for a good 2-3 mins as per the instructions. I also use 2% Nizoral (keto) shampoo once per week, primaily to keep dandruff free but I believe this helps with the DHT as well.

I'm not sure if the small growth is down to the Growband or the Elixir or a mixture of both (I suspect the latter). This is the photo of my scalp before starting the treatment:

IMG-0472.jpg

Photo today, after just over 3 weeks of treatment:

IMG-0551.png

Anyway I'm not going to get too carried away just yet but early results look promising. I will continue to use both the Growband & Elixir and post more photos in a month or two.

One downside, the plastic handle on the hand pump cracked yesterday. Growband can still be used but for a device costing $300, was expecting better quality materials. Anyway emailed Hairguard this morning (Sun) and within 30 mins they replied, apologising and sending me the replacement pump onm Tuesday so impressed with the support so far. They also have a closed Facebook group which you can share Growband tips & advice with others. Hope this helps! 

IMG-0540.jpg

IMG-0541.jpg

Thanks for the update bro .. u the man ..u the type of community member that represent us .. regular joe, seeing an interesting product n willing to give it a chance .. n documenting it .. whether it works or not . It’s still helpful .. keep those monthly updates coming k .. I bet u gashtoerer is at home in envy wishing he bought one  too :)

Thanks for TOFTT.  I will follow your results, you never know if its skepticism or reality unless you try it first hand. Rest are all theories, Human brain and hair follicles/nerves are such a complex wired system 100 times more than when you open a car engine with a top mechanic, so many wires going in/out, even the best reputed mechanics fail to diagnose sometimes.

No one knows reality, there is not a single standard for billions of wiring circuits out there.  

We are living in a world where people read/follow/promote/write too many theories but only a few actually practically test the waters. 

Again, no one knows this complex science, only the creator ( god) knows and doctors, medical science and product manufactures are all working based on best possible assumptions till date. it will take millions of more years for science to find out how our wiring system actually works.  

that's why I always say " Try and fail but do not fail to try" if it makes some sense, yes research but do give things a shot. 

• Moderators

You have to wonder how much growth is from the growband and how much is from the scalp elixir. If it's all from the elixir then you are just way over paying for the bottle of elixir. Unfortunately there's no way to really know. The good news is you say you seem to be growing hair, so that's a good thing 😊

Keep us updated. Thanks.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok an update after nearly 4 months. Unfortunatley, my hair loss seems to have gotten worse so I have returned the Growband and they refunded me the full $297 without any issues. Other users on their Facebook group (closed) have reported the same.

I'm not too disappointed because my expectations weren't high to begin with. I'm now thinking of re-starting Propecia & Regaine Foam because I may be able to reverse the damage as there are still visible hair follicles in the thinning area. Its a shame the Growband didn't work out but I have no regrets - I would rather try & fail than not try at all. 

These are the photos taken this morning and you can clearly see the thinning on my crown has increased:

IMG-0046.png

IMG-0048.png

IMG-0049.png

• Moderators

Thanks for trying this out for us and reporting. I'm surprised they gave you a full refund so easily. At least that was nice of them.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

• Administrators

The only thing I’m surprised at is the fact they refunded you. 

• Like 1

View my thread

Not really surprised that they refunded me without any hassle because Gus - one of the founders of GrowBand - has been brilliant via email communication and he made it very clear at the beginning that i could get a refund if i didn't see any results after a few months. Consumer laws are very tough here in the UK (where the company is based)  and Trading Standards would be all over them if they failed to honour what they promised on their website. I had to pay for return shipping costs myself but that was easily covered by the refund amount as i slightly received more in GBP due to the currency fluctuations from USD>GBP. Strangely they charge in USD despite being UK based (I am also in UK).

Edited by psychopomp1

On 2/17/2019 at 11:22 PM, Legend007 said:

U have a 6 month guarantee .. what u got to lose .. document the progress every month for us .. it’s better for u to try it n know for sure .. than us guessing for u .. it be an interesting read..  it’s an advanced scalp massage .. can’t hurt to try .. 

They are banking on you forgetting about it in 6 months. Also, they may or may not actually give you your money back. (Do you have your receipt, proof of purchase, the original box? Did you remember to send it in and fill out the refund forms correctly? Maybe you can get a refund after 6 months but not 7?) 

psychopomp1 -- Are you doing microneedling? That is proven to work in RCTs. So is minoxidil, PRP, and topical finasteride. Why not try the things are are proven to work in clinical trials? If I were you, I'd go straight to a hair transplant, and then follow it up with the four headed monster of microneedling/PRP/minoxidil/finasteride. This will be a slam dunk for you without question. 

5 hours ago, Friedman said:

psychopomp1 -- Are you doing microneedling? That is proven to work in RCTs. So is minoxidil, PRP, and topical finasteride. Why not try the things are are proven to work in clinical trials? If I were you, I'd go straight to a hair transplant, and then follow it up with the four headed monster of microneedling/PRP/minoxidil/finasteride. This will be a slam dunk for you without question. 

Good suggestion, you can start PRP/minox/Finas just a few days or weeks after HT but for microneedling, its better to wait for at least 6-8 months post HT.

@Friedman

The fact that I have already obtained the refund of $297 (hassle free may I add) means its a genuine money back guarantee. The only thing i have lost is slightly more hair 😱.

I have decided to go back to Finasteride & Regaine 5% foam as they are the only clinically proven treatmenst to re-grow hair. Whether they will work again for me, remains to be seen. Perhaps just as important, i will sort out my diet as well - will try to cut out more crap such as processed carbs, fizzy/sugary drinks and cholesterol laden foods.