Sleep position after FUE

FUEblonde1985

Hey all,

I had an FUE operation done 4 days ago (you can read full thread on other post) but I had a quick nagging question. I've currently been sleeping at a 45ish degree angle with stacks of pillows behind me, and a neck pillow provided by the office. The neck pillow is quite stiff and I usually have a towel behind my head to absorb any moisture (the Dr. has me applying antibiotic ointment 3x/day and its keeping everything fairly moist). I notice in the morning the back of my head near the neck area the skin is a bit more irritated from the pressure against the pillow and likely small rubbing through the night.

Should I be taking any extra precautions for the donor site in regards to sleep? I imagine it would be impossible for me to sleep upright such that the back of my head is not making any contact, but I also want to minimize any eventual scars in the area, and I'm not sure if causing irritation to the donor area would cause any issue.

This is how I generally am sleeping, if you can imagine a neck pillow around this woman's neck as well:

image.png.172a0c75456f88858a75c09d6a07d15d.png

Here is what my donor area is looking like at day 3:

image.thumb.png.643d074723900453bc99b052254a7498.png

The red circle is where I am feeling the irritation.

I also slept in a similar position.  Since you're at the four day mark, your grafts should be just fine with no danger of dislodging at this point (under normal circumstances).  I also do not think you have to worry about any scarring recurring at this point.  You should be just fine.  If you want to see what to expect going forward, you can visit my blog (below).  I documented everything with narratives, pictures, videos, etc.  Just look at the archives on the right side of the screen and click on September 2012.  Good luck!  You have a lot to look forward to in 3-4 months.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.