Permanent Stubble?

First time poster.  Had a transplant 14 months ago.  I had some fairly bad shock loss in the recipient area but much of it has grown back.  Still have a 1" x 1" spot however that hasn't grown back completely. Instead there are a number of stubble hairs.  They are quite dark and thick (i.e. not minature).  I suspect they are native hair that just seem stuck.  Anyone have this experience before.  e.g. shock loss that takes even 14 months to regrow and/or hair that is stuck and doesn't grow (can't pull it out either). Thanks

I have the same issue. I contacted my doc and he assured me that the stubble would eventually grow. He basically referred to it as stubble forming after not shaving. Here is the perplexing part and no matter how many times I bring this up here, nobody can give an explanation.

I underwent 2500 in frontal region. My left side is definitely more dense than the right and ironically enough, the right side has these short thick black stubble that you are experiencing. I'm 7 1/2 months post op and the stubble appeared around 4 months ago and have not grown. From what i can assess, this stubble is not the transplanted hairs, these appeared and then suddenly stopped growing. I do have a few on the left side as well, however, some of those appeared 2 months ago and have not grown. My doc's rep also mentioned that grafts/follicles grow in at different rates and I get that, but how can one explain the stubble laying dormant for so long. I'm assuming its a cycle and then they eventually start growing. 

Made2care - thanks for your response.   I suspect you're right.  My patch has some hairs that have started growing long in the middle of it, others that are paused, then a couple of dots of what look like new hair.   I think the transplant combined with the shock loss has probably just left this patch confused and things will kick in. I would be far more concerned if were a completely smooth bald patch but it isn't.  I had another similar patch that filled in starting around month 12, so I imagine that the 12-18 month mark is the magic time period for me.

• 2 years later...