Results @ Dr. Pradeep Sethi & Dr. Arika Bansal, 3491 FUE/DHT grafts; 1 year post op.

Mr. Satish Menon, CEO of cricket club, Kings XI Punjab, India, is a 61 year old man who had his surgery with us on 29.9.2017. He believed that he would never be able to get a natural hairline and density. However, he proved himself wrong when he achieved his final results of the transplantation procedure with us.

We restored his frontal zone and the number of grafts used were:

Scalp donor - 3491  

Mr. Menon was one of the patients who experienced a direct growth sans the shedding phase of the transplanted follicles. Within three months he had already had his first haircut when he visited us for a follow up. It is not unusual for the patients to achieve a direct growth when they undergo the Direct Hair Transplantation technique.

Also attached are the video links to Mr. Menon's testimonials:

Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 1.53.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 1.53.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 1.53.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 1.53.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 1.54.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 4.28.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 4.28.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 4.28.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 4.28.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 4.29.07 PM.png

Edited by Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal

• Administrators

Wow great results. Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal, what are your thoughts on transplanting beard hair in to the donor area to increase the density that was lost from FUE procedures? Do you guys have any examples? I would personally love to see.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

it is one thing to take on random walk in patients' for HT...but it take another level of confidence in one's work to take on celebrities' like the above 2 patients'.

Once again a home run result, great Job Drs. Arika and Pradeep.

My Thread: 

Mr. Satish Menon must be thrilled. Great result. Well done!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

7 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Wow great results. Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal, what are your thoughts on transplanting beard hair in to the donor area to increase the density that was lost from FUE procedures? Do you guys have any examples? I would personally love to see.

Dear @Melvin-Moderator,

In the index case, the donor was great and you can see that after the procedure of 3491 graft extraction, visible aesthetics of the donor is not altered, though there must be some density reduction in counting. So, here there is no need to plant and grafts to augment the donor density.

But, in cases where the donor is depleted in bad hands there is always a need to augment the density. There the number one choice is scalp hair and then the number two is beard. As you know,  Beard hair has some different texture than scalp. 

We have done some cases where there were patchy hair losses due to excess extraction of the grafts from one area. So we could do scalp hair grafting. Where there is diffuse thinning of the total donor area due to very bad, over zealous and commercial extraction, there beard hair can be smartly planted. Also SMP would give the additional filler effect.

Wr have done some grafting in big FUT scars with beard hair.

I will check with Dr Arika if she has some pics on FUE donor area, which was depleted badly, and we have done beard grafting.

Give me some time.

Great result. You mention " It is not unusual for the patients to achieve a direct growth when they undergo the Direct Hair Transplantation technique."

Could you explain how this technique can increase the likelihood of direct growth over the traditional FUE method? 

4 hours ago, Baldrick101 said:

Great result. You mention " It is not unusual for the patients to achieve a direct growth when they undergo the Direct Hair Transplantation technique."

Could you explain how this technique can increase the likelihood of direct growth over the traditional FUE method? 

@Baldrick101

Thank you for the appreciation.

In DHT (direct hair transplantation), the grafts enter into the body with in few minutes of extraction, so the chances of getting desiccated, infected or mechanical damage gets reduced. With the additional use of implanters, which ensure "No root touch" the challenges to the grafts during extraction and plantation is minimised. Hence, many of the grafts are not forced to the "Telogen" phase after the plantation. 

We have been doing this procedure since 2012, and have come very long way in this. You can google more about this technique in PUBMED and youtube.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3764754/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AUlHgvlXhM

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal said:

Dear @Melvin-Moderator,

In the index case, the donor was great and you can see that after the procedure of 3491 graft extraction, visible aesthetics of the donor is not altered, though there must be some density reduction in counting. So, here there is no need to plant and grafts to augment the donor density.

But, in cases where the donor is depleted in bad hands there is always a need to augment the density. There the number one choice is scalp hair and then the number two is beard. As you know,  Beard hair has some different texture than scalp. 

We have done some cases where there were patchy hair losses due to excess extraction of the grafts from one area. So we could do scalp hair grafting. Where there is diffuse thinning of the total donor area due to very bad, over zealous and commercial extraction, there beard hair can be smartly planted. Also SMP would give the additional filler effect.

Wr have done some grafting in big FUT scars with beard hair.

I will check with Dr Arika if she has some pics on FUE donor area, which was depleted badly, and we have done beard grafting.

Give me some time.

Thank you so much, that would be wonderful. Unfortunately, there haven't been many clinics presenting BHT results. I would love to see more examples. I myself am considering BHT at some point once my donor hair is depleted. Keep up the great work guys👏

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Thank you so much, that would be wonderful. Unfortunately, there haven't been many clinics presenting BHT results. I would love to see more examples. I myself am considering BHT at some point once my donor hair is depleted. Keep up the great work guys👏

We will keep posting more BHT results!

Thank you for your appreciation.

On 2/17/2019 at 5:08 PM, Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal said:

@Baldrick101

Thank you for the appreciation.

In DHT (direct hair transplantation), the grafts enter into the body with in few minutes of extraction, so the chances of getting desiccated, infected or mechanical damage gets reduced. With the additional use of implanters, which ensure "No root touch" the challenges to the grafts during extraction and plantation is minimised. Hence, many of the grafts are not forced to the "Telogen" phase after the plantation. 

We have been doing this procedure since 2012, and have come very long way in this. You can google more about this technique in PUBMED and youtube.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3764754/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AUlHgvlXhM

Ok thanks for the explanation. Sounds a bit like stick and place