• Administrators

Usually, slicking your hair back makes your hair look thicker, but it depends on where the hair loss is located. If you have most of the hair loss primarily in the hairline, then slicking the hair back will expose the hairline and thus, expose the hair loss more.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

19 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Usually, slicking your hair back makes your hair look thicker, but it depends on where the hair loss is located. If you have most of the hair loss primarily in the hairline, then slicking the hair back will expose the hairline and thus, expose the hair loss more.

I have most of my thinning in the crown. But also have very slight thinning i think in the front also. So id say i got some crown thinning with very slight diffuse thinning.

• Administrators

It just depends on where the hair loss is concentrated, for most they slick their hair back to cover up a bald spot or thin area. But this depends on the length of the hair etc. In some cases, a slicked back hairstyle may highlight the hair loss even more, it just depends.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

If you've just got a bit of thinning going on you should try using concealers. They can work wonders.

Edited by Pete-from-Farjo

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 3 weeks later...

I also brush in a front to back style which helps create added illusionary volume...and my hair is dry when doing this.

Phillyman, is your hair wet or dry when you do the brush back?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

8 hours ago, gillenator said:

I also brush in a front to back style which helps create added illusionary volume...and my hair is dry when doing this.

Phillyman, is your hair wet or dry when you do the brush back?

when i do it its slightly wet

On 3/8/2019 at 12:05 AM, vikasgupta123 said:

Hair loss is a common problem. Use natural and home remedies for hair loss problem. Eat a healthy diet. use onion juice. Massage your scalp with oil twice a week. Wash your hair with cold water avoid warm water to wash hair. Reduce stress. Avoid chemicals and heating products.

Yeah....except that none of the stuff you mention in your post actually works to combat hair loss.

On 3/8/2019 at 2:05 AM, vikasgupta123 said:

Hair loss is a common problem. Use natural and home remedies for hair loss problem. Eat a healthy diet. use onion juice. Massage your scalp with oil twice a week. Wash your hair with cold water avoid warm water to wash hair. Reduce stress. Avoid chemicals and heating products.

Dude you need to stop

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 12:42 AM, Phillyman1996 said:

when i do it its slightly wet

If you try using a blow dryer with the brush back, you may be surprised at how much illusionary volume it will produce.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Experiment with different products as well. Using a gel can make it look thinner, particularly with this hairstyle. But pastes/fibers/etc. can add volume and density. Using a blowdryer as Gillenator suggested is also helpful. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

My hair looks the fullest when it is dry and using a blow dryer to create volume.

Gillenator