Red patches (no bumps) at donor area 2 years after 200 unit FUE operation

iwantmorehair

Hi everyone,

I had a 200 unit FUE operation performed at The Giannotto Clinic in Virginia. Unfortunately, they are closed now so I can't go back to ask about it : (. 

It's been two years after the op and I still have light red patches at the donor areas. It's not bumpy and isn't causing me any discomfort (which might be why I haven't worried about it). But recently, I cut my hair short and people have been asking me to get it checked out. I'm not sure if its folliculitis. Please see attached photos.

Does anyone have the same thing or have any insight? Thanks in advance!

IMG_1735.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

Edited by iwantmorehair

Looks like a birthmark. We call them stork bites.  I would say that they are not related. 

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

That's a tricky one.  Not sure what has caused that.  It's probably a temporary issue. I'm curious that you only had a 200 graft procedure?  Did you leave out a zero (2,000)?  Can you tell us a bit more?

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

1 hour ago, JohnCasper said:

That's a tricky one.  Not sure what has caused that.  It's probably a temporary issue. I'm curious that you only had a 200 graft procedure?  Did you leave out a zero (2,000)?  Can you tell us a bit more?

Actually, I had thousands done at Virginia Surgical Center but when I wanted the 200 units, they had some personal issues going on so I went with Giannotto for the FUE.