Bill - Managing Publisher

Potential Recommendation of Dr. Emrah Cinik of Istanbul, Turkey

5 hours ago, lorenzo said:

I normally do not like to get involved with the politics of the hair industry. Dr. Cinik hires company to recruit patients that like to steal photos from other clinics.

http://www.eagle-travel.com/item/370/hair-transplant

You will see this link where a Hasson and Wong patient is used and stated that one of the two surgeons is Dr. Cinik, I have enclosed the screenshot,. 

rob.jpg

IMG_5597.PNG

Well it doesn't actually state that the guy in the pics is one of his patients. But yes, the inference is there and it comes across a bit shady. Not sure on the legality of showing an H&W pic like that (if indeed it is). Are the photos copyrighted? This also may be some kind of agency not affiliated with Cinik but works on commissions. He may not even be aware of this happening. 

Edited by Baldrick101

Some similar shady stuff is discussed on this previous post also 

Really hard to know whats real and whats not 

Edited by Markee

7 hours ago, lorenzo said:

I normally do not like to get involved with the politics of the hair industry. Dr. Cinik hires company to recruit patients that like to steal photos from other clinics.

http://www.eagle-travel.com/item/370/hair-transplant

You will see this link where a Hasson and Wong patient is used and stated that one of the two surgeons is Dr. Cinik, I have enclosed the screenshot,. 

rob.jpg

IMG_5597.PNG

This company isn't affiliated with Cinik, and the reality I've seen various results from Cinik at a similar "wow" level that this company could have used to the same effect. No idea why they didn't and if Cinik was aware he should address but there is little here to use as a black mark. 

Also the link you used has a generic photo on it now, not the one from HnW.

Amazing replies. This is a Hasson and Wong photos stolen and posted by a medical tourist company that uses Dr. Cinik. They changed the photo because I talked to there many rep for Italy and told him. This is why I posted in screenshot. Eagle travel continues to sell transplant for Dr. Cinik. Rather than ask them to change the picture why not do the ethical thing and discontinue all affiliation to Eagle  travel. 

Edited by lorenzo

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

This doesn't make sense at all. I have been following Dr.Ciniks rewiews for a while. He has much more better results shared on this forum  than the one you are referring to. Why would he use patients from other clinics?

Dear All,
Thank you for warning us Lorenzo,
Eagle travel used to be one of our partners and has posted this picture without our notice, after your screen shot we have contacted them and asked the removal of the post. Please see the correspondence below;

Funda Dağlı <funda@emrahcinik.com>

Feb 25, 2019, 5:28 PM (1 day ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to info, EMRAH
cleardot.gif

Dear Amer,

As per our phone conversation a few minutes ago, we are a hair transplant clinic called Dr.Cinik located in Istanbul which we used to do business with your company. 

Yesterday we got a notice from a network, a hair transplant platform informing everyone that we are steeling some other doctor's pictures and using as our before  & after pictures. This post does not below to our company but to your company which is giving a very big damage to our company's reputation and builds trust issues with people which they have wrote a horrible comment under the picture.  

At this time we kindly ask you to remove this asap before we take a legal action. 

Thank you for your cooperation and looking forward to your response. 

and they have removed it as seen below, we apologize Dr. Hason and Dr.Wong for the inconvenience on behalf of them.  

me, EMRAH
cleardot.gif

Dear Funda

We removed the picture from our website as per your request, but we will appreciate if you can send us a real photos of operations done in your clinic the before and after operation to publish it on our website.

And please advise if you have any remarks of any other photos from our website

Waiting to hear from you

Best regards

EAGLE TRAVEL SIGNATURE-06

Thank you for the reply and calcification. I came across this on an italian facebook group page (over 1000 members) and have been talking one of you reps Umberto. Umberto is great and its a shame he is having to answer other member concerning the photo. 

I am confused.  You said Eagle Travel used to be one of your partners yet your name still remains under this post. When you have a relationship with a company that is using your clinic you must assure this company follows the same high quality and ethical approach as the clinic does. These middle men/recruiters medical tourism company goal is to make as much money as possible , there is nothing wrong with that but many use any type of marketing good, bad, moral or immoral as long as it bring them money. 

I do not feel the photos has done much damage and the fact  you fixed the situation and explained the reason immediately has cleared this up.  Although continued to do business with Eagle travel is another story. 

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

I totally disagree with recommending this doctor, it would be totally misleading !

How can you even consider to recommend someone that is not involved in the procedure apart from drawing few lines on your scalp?

Who does the harvesting, incision, implantation? Cinik? Don't think so. So why recommending someone who does nothing?

Yes his clinic is getting some very good result but it is not him but his techs! Let's get their names and recommend them instead.

We will never know what technician performed that outstanding procedure and we will never know if that tech will do our procedure, so what's the point?

Don't forget that hundreds/thousands members rely on this fantastic forum and might pick the Dr from the ones recommended.

Exactly the same argument applies to Koray Erdogan and others.

I think clinic recommendation  versus doctor should be discussed. 

If there is anything affiliated with a clinic attached to a doctor that you wouldn’t not recommend. Then imo Don’t recommend the doctor. It would bring clarity to all the users that you do recommend tech driven clinics. But everything is up to a standard. 

the other option I think appropriate is to recommend only the doctor but hold them accountable for their tech only surgeries as well. Which might be the case but isn’t explicitly stated.

ofcourse if the main doctor changes remove clinic from recommended list.

Ethics =/= legality.

If this forum is not ethically opposed to tech only surgeries. Then I think your answer will be yes.

I vote no.  Based on I think a surgeon should be supervising and have the time to supervise the surgery. If there is a surgeon present at all surgery’s. It’s just a no name surgeon then my vote is yes. But I strongly think the forum should reconsider recommending clinics...

Edited by here

Dear Funda

We removed the picture from our website as per your request, but we will appreciate if you can send us a real photos of operations done in your clinic the before and after operation to publish it on our website.

And please advise if you have any remarks of any other photos from our website

Waiting to hear from you

Best regards

This comment is disturbing if I understand correctly, other photos from our website?  Does this mean they have other photos that are misleading or taken from someone else? 

Eagle travel is now asking for before and after photos once it was asking to take down the photos. Should you not be asking for this when you start having an affiliation with a clinic? I do not know why Dr. Cinik would continue with this company. 

We no longer doing business with them. Please see below.

profile_mask_2x.png

Funda Dağlı <funda@emrahcinik.com>

Tue, Feb 26, 6:00 PM (22 hours ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to info, 

Dear Amer,

Thank you very much for removing the pictures. Seems like we are no longer business partners which have been this way for a while. We will contact you if reconsider in the future. 

Best Regards,
cleardot.gif

Funda Dağlı 
Assistant of Dr. Cinik       
Mobile: +90 542 234-0434
Email:  funda@emrahcinik.com

Recipient of Whatclinic and Realself Top Doctor Award 2017

cinik.jpg

Trustpilot rating
Trustpilot Stars

Trustpilot Logo

do business with them...

Thanks for the clarification. If this is the case you need to make sure they are not fraudulently using Dr. Cinik name to obtains clients. As long as your name appears on their website as the doctor that does surgery you will still be considered affiliated to Eagle Travel even if this not the case. 

Edited by lorenzo

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

I would like to add my thoughts on Dr Cinik as a former patient. The email consultation prior to my choosing a HT clinic was very thorough and I sent many pictures and had several discussion in order to decide whether to proceed or not.

I flew for the UK and was picked up at Istanbul airport by the clinic's personal transportation and taken to the hotel pre-arranged by the clinic (the hotel by the way was fantastic). I was given clear instructions and what to wear and not to have any alcohol or smoke prior to the surgery. I received a phone call from the clinic in the evening to make sure I was happy and prepared for the surgery.

In the morning I was picked up by the clinic's personal transportation and taken to the hospital. After a short consultation with Dr Cinik who talked through my concerns and questions, he drew my hairline and asked me if I was happy. After paying the fees (2000 euros) I had my head shaved and then proceed to have the grafts removed by a technician and their assistant. This was slightly painful when the injections were being administered but once this was done the removal of the grafts was just a little uncomfortable. Then I was provided with a nice packed lunch and then in the afternoon, the technician started the implant the grafts. Dr Cinik kept coming into the room periodically (don't ask me how many times) to check on the progress and talk to the technician. Throughout the whole procedure, the staff kept checking on my well being and offered comfort breaks. The procedure was finished about 6pm and I returned to my hotel and had a nice meal then slept following the instructions given. In the morning I was picked up and taken to the clinic again and Dr Cinik examined my head to see if everything was OK and then I was provided an aftercare pack including pain relief, hair supplements etc.

I was offered a pack of Finasteride, biotin and Hair loss shampoo but declined as I had done my own research into Finasteride and did not want to take up their offer. However, the price that was being offered was very competitive.

After flying home the first 2 weeks were the worst but once the scabs had dried off the growth started. For the first few months I received regular emails from the clinic asking about my progress and to send photos. I felt supported by the clinic and they answered my queries quickly and professionally. I did not shed many (if any) initially and grew really well for the first 8 months but then my growth stalled. I contacted the clinic and they advised me to be patient as my initial photos had shown that the grafts had appeared to have taken well.

After month 12 I did not appear to have the density I wanted and when the clinic sent me a mail I responded with some pictures and they replied stating that I would still need to wait a few more months to see the final result. Then, after 14 months, I seemed to get another growth spurt and more thickening and maturing of the hair. I have talked to some professionals in HT and they laughed and said I needed to wait at least 2 years to see the final results and should be more patient.

What I can say is after month 14 I am very happy with the progress so far and the hairline and results look great. I see so many men who go for a transplant and get a hairline that they had when they were 20 but it looks unrealistic on a man of 45. I know my results are not 100% yet as I am a slow grower but so far so good.

I would definitely recommend Dr Cinik and his clinic. I am a nurse by profession and was impressed by the high standards of the hospital, his staff and clinical care offered. I have seen transplants at 5 times the cost that have not yielded the results he gets for his patients.

IMG_20171126_112329.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0159.jpg

Edited by yorkieguy

3 hours ago, yorkieguy said:

Hi all,

I would like to add my thoughts on Dr Cinik as a former patient. The email consultation prior to my choosing a HT clinic was very thorough and I sent many pictures and had several discussion in order to decide whether to proceed or not.

I flew for the UK and was picked up at Istanbul airport by the clinic's personal transportation and taken to the hotel pre-arranged by the clinic (the hotel by the way was fantastic). I was given clear instructions and what to wear and not to have any alcohol or smoke prior to the surgery. I received a phone call from the clinic in the evening to make sure I was happy and prepared for the surgery.

In the morning I was picked up by the clinic's personal transportation and taken to the hospital. After a short consultation with Dr Cinik who talked through my concerns and questions, he drew my hairline and asked me if I was happy. After paying the fees (2000 euros) I had my head shaved and then proceed to have the grafts removed by a technician and their assistant. This was slightly painful when the injections were being administered but once this was done the removal of the grafts was just a little uncomfortable. Then I was provided with a nice packed lunch and then in the afternoon, the technician started the implant the grafts. Dr Cinik kept coming into the room periodically (don't ask me how many times) to check on the progress and talk to the technician. Throughout the whole procedure, the staff kept checking on my well being and offered comfort breaks. The procedure was finished about 6pm and I returned to my hotel and had a nice meal then slept following the instructions given. In the morning I was picked up and taken to the clinic again and Dr Cinik examined my head to see if everything was OK and then I was provided an aftercare pack including pain relief, hair supplements etc.

I was offered a pack of Finasteride, biotin and Hair loss shampoo but declined as I had done my own research into Finasteride and did not want to take up their offer. However, the price that was being offered was very competitive.

After flying home the first 2 weeks were the worst but once the scabs had dried off the growth started. For the first few months I received regular emails from the clinic asking about my progress and to send photos. I felt supported by the clinic and they answered my queries quickly and professionally. I did not shed many (if any) initially and grew really well for the first 8 months but then my growth stalled. I contacted the clinic and they advised me to be patient as my initial photos had shown that the grafts had appeared to have taken well.

After month 12 I did not appear to have the density I wanted and when the clinic sent me a mail I responded with some pictures and they replied stating that I would still need to wait a few more months to see the final result. Then, after 14 months, I seemed to get another growth spurt and more thickening and maturing of the hair. I have talked to some professionals in HT and they laughed and said I needed to wait at least 2 years to see the final results and should be more patient.

What I can say is after month 14 I am very happy with the progress so far and the hairline and results look great. I see so many men who go for a transplant and get a hairline that they had when they were 20 but it looks unrealistic on a man of 45. I know my results are not 100% yet as I am a slow grower but so far so good.

I would definitely recommend Dr Cinik and his clinic. I am a nurse by profession and was impressed by the high standards of the hospital, his staff and clinical care offered. I have seen transplants at 5 times the cost that have not yielded the results he gets for his patients.

IMG_20171126_112329.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0159.jpg

Hi.  Looks like a great result.  Congrats.

Any reason why you haven't stated what package you chose and who did the incisions ??

Seems a bit odd considering your commenting on this post and those are 2 of the major issues that are being discussed here.

On 3/8/2019 at 10:30 AM, yorkieguy said:

Hi all,

IMG_20171126_112329.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0159.jpg

How many grafts have you had?