Helpful forum perhaps, too helpful?

Hi all,

Recently I've been really narrowing down my options, and will be looking to get a HT this year.

Initially, I didn't know where to start, but now, thanks to this forum, I almost don't know who to choose. This wonderful forum has shown me so many great surgeons I had never even heard of.

Ideally, I would love to visit Hasson and Wong, but their cost is quite high, at 8$ & 6$ USD per graft (I am an Australian, and the conversion makes me cry). 

I was tossing up between LA Fue Clinic, Keser, and Dr. Pradeep Sethi at Eugenix, just to name a few. 

I guess my main question is, when choosing your final surgeon, what specifically tipped the scales in their favour for those that have had transplants? 

I'm looking for some tools to narrow down my options, it's become very hard to bite the bullet and choose someone.

Thanks everyone!

• Administrators

For me it was the consultation, when you consult and speak with doctors one on one, you’ll know which doctor is best for you. You may need to skype since you live in Australia, but regardless that’s the best way.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 hours ago, bonkling said:

Hi all,

Recently I've been really narrowing down my options, and will be looking to get a HT this year.

Initially, I didn't know where to start, but now, thanks to this forum, I almost don't know who to choose. This wonderful forum has shown me so many great surgeons I had never even heard of.

Ideally, I would love to visit Hasson and Wong, but their cost is quite high, at 8$ & 6$ USD per graft (I am an Australian, and the conversion makes me cry). 

I was tossing up between LA Fue Clinic, Keser, and Dr. Pradeep Sethi at Eugenix, just to name a few. 

I guess my main question is, when choosing your final surgeon, what specifically tipped the scales in their favour for those that have had transplants? 

I'm looking for some tools to narrow down my options, it's become very hard to bite the bullet and choose someone.

Thanks everyone!

First, I am glad you are asking the right questions, and are doing some research before moving forward.  Smart.  There are plenty of doctors in the US, particularly those listed on this site, that would do a phenomenal job.  I am aware that Dr. Arocha, Dr. Alexander and Dr. Gabel see international patients frequently.  Their offices can also help you make local arrangements, (hotel, etc).  

I would encourage you to visit websites and review photos.  Tons of them.  Call the practice, (you can email to prevent cost), and negotiate a price. You can then do a consult over the phone.  You can even face-time and do a preliminary consultation with the Doctor.  

Good luck.

It's also helpful to look at as many results as possible who are individuals who have similar hair characteristics and loss patterns as yourself.

Obviously documented skill and experience are critical yet in the end, "results are what count"

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks a lot, everyone. Really good advice.

I am a NW3, with no crown recession (of yet), and have been on min/fin for about two years.

I'll see if I can find similar cases. 

Getting to the stage now where I am over contemplating, and just want to get it done. Starting to become a bit restrictive on my lifestyle.

Thanks again everyone.

You have some solid feedback there bonkling. Take your time. Consult, talk, ask questions and exactly right, find results similar to your own situation. Your own hair loss and hair characteristics. You are in the right place. Good luck!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.