Stick-n-Place vs Solution Immertion delay of Grafts...

How superior is the stick & place technique of graft placement for greater graft servival versus a “short” placement delay in an immersion solution before implantation?

And...if stick & place is superior for graft servival...does the use of a DHI or implanter pen contribute to a more successful result?

Im not following the comparison.  Stick and place does not refer to how long the grafts is out of body, but how long the incision is open before a graft is placed.  If basically means there isn't a bunch of pre-made recipient cites being made, but each site is carefully made and then filled. 

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

1 hour ago, Spanker said:

Im not following the comparison.  Stick and place does not refer to how long the grafts is out of body, but how long the incision is open before a graft is placed.  If basically means there isn't a bunch of pre-made recipient cites being made, but each site is carefully made and then filled. 

Are you sure? 

I watched @Melvin-Moderator Recent Dr visit video and the doctor said he creates the sites first then after starts doing the extractions and only gives about a 5-minute window of the grafts being out of the body before they are implanted into the already made sites...

Am wondering if grafts being immediately placed via S&T vs being in a solution for say 30 minuets or more is superior to graft survival and growth success.

Edited by VicTNYC

2 minutes ago, Markee said:

How about (DHT) Direct Hair Transplantation Method ?

@Markee 

Yes, this vid you posed is what I’m talking about....comparing this to say Doctors/clinics the do the extractions first, place the grafts into a cold solution, then after some time implant the grafts..

Stick and place is as I described. 

There is plenty of research on time out of body and graft survival. There isnt a ton of research on what you posted.   The fact is that top docs are getting 95 percent or greater yield, so I do not think you will see markedly better yield.

The biggest challenge to transplantation these days is your limited donor. Everything else seems like they have it figured out. 

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

1 minute ago, Spanker said:

Stick and place is as I described. 

There is plenty of research on time out of body and graft survival. There isnt a ton of research on what you posted.   The fact is that top docs are getting 95 percent or greater yield, so I do not think you will see markedly better yield.

The biggest challenge to transplantation these days is your limited donor. Everything else seems like they have it figured out. 

Gotchya, thanks!

In general it seems like DHT method is the way to go... It just makes sense to me, and any advantage you can have of having better growth I think you should take.

I know everyone says not to focus on the technique, only the results, but still...

My one question: for places that do DHT, how do they/can they tell if it is a 1, 2, 3, etc in such a short turn around? I feel like the communication between the team needs to be executed flawlessly

17 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

In general it seems like DHT method is the way to go... It just makes sense to me, and any advantage you can have of having better growth I think you should take.

I know everyone says not to focus on the technique, only the results, but still...

My one question: for places that do DHT, how do they/can they tell if it is a 1, 2, 3, etc in such a short turn around? I feel like the communication between the team needs to be executed flawlessly

Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal  Explain that they use a 5x Carl Zeiss loupes for graft extraction in this below thread 

I don't know how that compares to microscopes for singling out grafts ?

Maybe someone else can chime in on that ?

Joe Tillman does an interesting job here of making a strong case for why you need to use microscopes to do it right