tiesto33

Thinking about getting SMP done - desperately need advice

I had a FUT surgery last year and have hated the results. I don't know if I was expecting too much or what not. I have diffuse loss in the middle and really badly diffused crown. I thought the surgery would make me look like I don't have hair loss anymore and that has not been the case. It looks really shitty and patchy, the crown especially looks horrible.

I'm thinking about getting SMP done. How much can that hide the FUT scar? I don't expect perfection but can it make it look say 70 or 80% better?

Also how dark can the SMP be? Can it make my head look like this?

untitled28.bmp

Edited by tiesto33

I don’t believe smp truly disguises scars. Be very careful, there was a thread here recently where the patient got an FUT scar covered and it ended up looking worse. If you have smp go to a hair transplant surgeon that does smp as well, it may be a better option to transplant beard hair to the scar. 

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @htrestoration FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.