Unshaven FUE's

do they work? are the results as good as actually getting shaved? is it only donor or recipient or both? is this an actual thing that can be requested upon having a procedure? i feel like this would make recovery time way more manageable. anyone have any thoughts or experiences?

I'm actually seeking someone in the US that performs unshaven FUE - I know Gabel and Cooley have done it in the past. Contacted my original surgeon Rahal, and they require you shave down the area, which is not an option for me since I don't have that much time off work, of course the cost factor probably goes up as well since the procedure is more time consuming as well - hope others have had some experiences here to share

A lot also depends on the size of the procedure...the larger the procedure, the more critical it becomes to have the areas buzzed down.

Our donor supplies are limited and so avoiding transection is very important.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 1 month later...

I would suggest looking for Dr. Otavio Boaventura who does a lot of long hair unshaven FUE or what they call Preview long hair. My guess is that the numbers ler session are lower so might need to do a more gradual approach. I think Dr. Parsa Mohebi in LA also does them. Best of luck! 

@gillenatoras always puts it best. "Our donor supplies are limited and so avoiding transection is very important."

Also there is a trade off of not being able to achieve the same density in a non shaven procedure.

For sure it has its positives. In fact I think the vast majority of us would prefer to have non shaven procedure in regards to being able to conceal things that bit more post surgery. But the investment we make emotionally and financially into surgery definitely adds more positives to the shaven down side and the ultimate final result.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.