4 Years Later

Hey guys and gals. I’ve been really researching the hair transplant field and want your opinions on where I stand with my hair loss and my future going forward.

I would love to have Dr. Gabel perform my transplant, he has really good results and lots of them.  That being said, when should I pull the trigger? I’m 27, and really would love to have hair through my 30s. 

I haven’t contacted him yet but if anyone knows what kind of prices I’m looking at and how many grafts you think I would need would be helpful.  Here are some pictures, the first is from 4 years ago....

opinions please, thanks

ABF09261-9EDB-4E57-8BD6-9E9EFC299BE9.jpeg

1896BA23-A847-46ED-9B71-915888F08825.jpeg

0A21315C-297B-47E2-BFA8-3A6825B90833.jpeg

F94477CF-24BC-46D1-8C44-3BABE1B92FAB.jpeg

Well that’s the thing, I tried fin and had the worst sides and still to this day deal with them.  Tried minoxidil and it slowed down my hair loss for a few years then I just gave up on it. 

I suffered the worst ball pain and loss of libido on fin, saw a eurologist and he said to stop the fin and here I am 3 years later with sensitive testicles to where my lady can’t even play with them.  Thats what is holding me back, everyone says get on fin but I can’t....

I would ask the same question. Why are you leaning toward FUT?

As you have had such a negative experience with Finasteride, and therefore have no intention of using it again, and right so, it would be fair to imagine that you will experience further hairloss. To what extent, nobody knows but if eventually it is quite extensive, then you may at some point intend to shave down. Obviously this isn't as desirable with the FUT scar. Give it some thought!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Well I should rephrase that, I’m not leaning towards fut I’m open to the suggestion. 

Because I have thin hair and I can’t handle finasteride I was thinking fue would butcher my head, then I could continue to lose hair and it will just be a real thin donor area. 

Thanks for the replies guys it means a lot. 

5 hours ago, Recedinggenes said:

Well I should rephrase that, I’m not leaning towards fut I’m open to the suggestion. 

Because I have thin hair and I can’t handle finasteride I was thinking fue would butcher my head, then I could continue to lose hair and it will just be a real thin donor area. 

Thanks for the replies guys it means a lot. 

I’m no expert but I think FUE is less butchering than FUT