Dr Cinik - 3500 head grafts + 300 beard grafts. January 15th 2019

fespafer

Hi "everybaldy", after almost 4 weeks from my surgery, I've decided to show my case. I'm from Spain, so sorry in advance for any spelling or grammar mistake.

I'm 41 years old and since I was 35, after my 2nd child was born, I started to lose hair until I reached an N-V. I started to see results of friends who had gone with good results and in November, after  watching a video I had prepared for my wife's brithday with memories of the past 20 years, I realized that I did not recognize myself in the photos and how my appearance had changed at this time, looking 10 years older than 5 years ago.
I started looking for information and found this forum, which has been very helpful. After several options, I decided to do it with Songul and I bought the flights. Later, I was added to whatsapp group  , saw some opinions that made me have second thoughts, so I canceled with her and after going crazy searching around, I made the decision to do it with Dr. Emrah Cinik, who didn't have many cases in Spain but I saw some of them in the UK and the USA with good results. In addition, the pack I hired included the extraction of follicular units from the beard in case they were needed to give more density (which I knew I would need). Once the decision was made, I did not want to keep looking for opinions, so I just stayed away from forums and comments.
In Spain there are mediators for this doctor, but I can speak English fluently and contacted them directly. In my case I had 2 things clear, I wanted the painless anesthesia after reading the comments about how painful the "normal" is and also that the doctor were opening channels, not his technicians. After the hundreds of cases that I have read, I have the impression that most of the bad results have been with technicians. Surely there are very professional, but they do not play their name on it and if they have a bad day, you could say that "they lose nothing".
I will save the airport, visa, etc ... because there is already enough information on all that.
Everything was perfectly coordinated, I had been advised of the "normal" informality that exists in Turkey, but in my case everything was timely.
They picked us up (also my brother got a HT) at 7 o'clock in the morning  and arrived at the Kolan hospital at 7.30, they drew blood and we discussed with Dr. Cinik the design and, in my case, the need to use hair of my beard or not. I explained that my biggest concern was getting good density. When I started losing hair, I did what almost everyone, with the remaining hairs, I left them raise long and tried to cover the gaps, but a day I saw pictures and I realized that my appearance was ridiculous, so I started to shave my hair or cutting to 3mm according to the season. I preferred to be conservative with the front line, I have a lot of area to cover and I didn't want to lose density by lowering it by half an inch more. Also, I always had some discovered temples, so if everything goes well, I will recover my previous appearance.
We pay and we go to the operating rooms where two techniques to start the procedure were awaiting me. They shave my hair, put a surgery coat and they got started! (finally !, after 3 months waiting!).
They began with painless pre-anesthesia. With a pressure "gun" you are given "stings" on different parts of the head. Its function is to numb the area, they tell you that it will remove 60-70% of the pain that causes the definitive anesthesia. There was some controversy in the forums about whether it works for something or not, even some clinics that did not use it assured me that it was a marketing technique, that it will hurt you whether you put it on or not and that it was waste of money. Even so, I hired it and I'm sure I got it right, I'll explain why.
When they put it on your head, you feel a small prick with force, as if you pricked yourself with a pin, but it is totally bearable. They do about 20-25 punctures for the head, wait about 5 minutes and start with the definitive one. I said earlier that I was right because there were 2 areas where they didn't go with pre-anesthesy or I didn't get enough and I felt that horrible pain that everyone talk about, it was a few seconds, but it was really painful, so happy to have chosen it.
They told me they would put about 3500-4000Grafts. I had read cases in which they said that they had put less than they gave then in the certificate, so as I had nothing to do, I entertained in counting each time the micromotor pierced me the donor area (yes! .. one by one!) arriving at 4329 from my head (later I was told that not every time they punch a graft comes out) and then 302 of the beard (surely in the head they would be some more or less, but around that number).
Then, Dr. Cinik came for opening the channels, it is about 40 minutes. He did it covering the entire marked area and, in addition, a scar that I have on the back of my head, above the donor area.

Then the girls come back to finish putting the grafts in the microchannels, they clean me continuously and in about 3 hours or so they finished the job. I did not stop for lunch, they asked me but I was not hungry (the hotel buffet was great), so a 7.30 hours surgery and that's it, finally I got my HT done.

I go back to the hotel (my brother finished 2 hours before) and I saw the result. It seemed to me that everything was quite well. I tooke pictures to see all the angles and I saw that there were no grafts at the same height on both sides. I was worried and then wrote to Dr. Cinik's assistant via whatsapp to explain my concerns. They told me that in that area I still have my native hair with a lot of density (they send me the preoperative photos to prove it) and, although I did not believe it because what I saw was a bald spot, I had to admit that they were right after seeing the next day that the little spots of my native hair were seen in that area that the previous day was a "bald" of 2 cms approximately. That zone had been shaved  and that's why I couldn't see them.

The problem was that my bald zone was irregular, becoming deeper on the right side towards the crown of the head than on the left side, where it still was not so deep. I explained to the doctor that I was worried that if my baldness continues going deeper, behind the asymmetric gap, having grafts on one side and not on another (I 'm not sure if I'm explaining right what I mean), he said that I did not need grafts there (and he was right). Still, I kept telling that I was not confortble with that.
We were having lunch the next day and I received a whatsapp from the doctor's assistant, telling me that they would pick me up from the hotel to go to the hospital at 5:00 pm to put some grafts in that area, that I did not need it but that the doctor did not want me to go back worried to Spain. As they told me, they took me back to the hospital and in half of an hour I had 52 more grafts placed in that area and now the implants was symmetrical on my head, so if in the future I get the "white slice" on the back side of my head, It will have a more regular form.
The next day I got the first wash and recommendations, but I had read so much about it that I did not heard much about what they said and the products they wanted to sell.
We went back to the hotel, airport and back home. Now we have to wait, the results will not be known until 5 months from now, but the experience, professionalism and treatment received has been perfect, especially considering the bad things that I had heard about Turkey and its clinics.
Here the pictures of the before and the first days:

Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen

After:
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Donor area (3 days post surgery):
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen

Rest of the head after 3 days:

Imagen
Imagen

Beard the day of the surgery:

Imagen
AL DÍA SIGUIENTE DE LA OPERACIÓN:
Imagen
Imagen

3 days later:

Imagen

5 days PS:

Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen

One week PS:

Imagen
Imagen
Imagen

14 days PS:

Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen

3 weeks PS:

Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen

Some pics under a domestic endoscope:

1 WEEK PS:

Imagen

12 DAYS PS:
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
3 WEEKS PS:

:
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen

That's all, I'll keep posting if I see it's interesting for people here. I'm also keeping this thread in a Spanish forum:

https://foro.recuperarelpelo.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=78815&start=15

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My hair transplant: 

Dr. Cinik - January 15th 2019. 3500 grafts + 300 beard grafts

Well, 4 weeks update ... now on full shock loss phase. What a fuck... after having my scalp covered almost decently, now you can see clearly the bald spots. The good thing about it is that there are many little dots appearing throughout the area that I guess will be the future hairs that should cover everything.
I already got my first haircut on the donor area(scissors) to match their length and I think you can say it is almost full recovered.
the comments I read were right about this being the worst phase by far, but hey, there is nothing I can do but to continue waiting for time to pass by. Here are the photos:

Lateral-derecho.jpg
Lateral-izquiero.jpg
Frente.jpg
arriba.jpg
Trasera.jpg

My hair transplant: 

very interesting case, great write up and photos, you have a great donor despite the aggressive hair loss on top, really like the hairline design and will be very interested in seeing your progression, congrats, best wishes in your healing and growth

Great write up and photos. This can definitely get tough through the next months as shock loss hits and you often look and feel worse than you did pre HT. But it is just a matter of time so hang in there. Keep us updated, Im looking forward to seeing your results.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

7 minutes ago, Raphael84 said:

Great write up and photos. This can definitely get tough through the next months as shock loss hits and you often look and feel worse than you did pre HT. But it is just a matter of time so hang in there. Keep us updated, Im looking forward to seeing your results.

Thank you. I hope these months go by soon and everything begins to look better... I'll keep you all posted

My hair transplant: 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the update of the 6 weeks arrives (41 days to be exact). Despite having read so many cases and being aware that this stage would be hard, the truth is that the "mangy-leprous dog" aspect of my head is fucking me up. I have seen other cases in which all the hair has fallen equally, it is also complicated, but at least my appearance would be more as it was before the surgery.

I have to admit that in this phase there are a lot of moments when doubts keep coming to my mind ... Will there be hairs where now there are only bald spots? Will the line remain as I expected? Will it be the final density, at least, acceptable? ... Anyway, I hope that the 3 next months pass quickly and I start to recover some of the illusion that I had after falling the crusts and seeing hair all over the cardboard.

Now the important thing for forum people, photos update. Next reply will be at 2 months from surgery if I notice any appreciable change:

Frente.jpg
lateral-derecho.jpg
lateral-izquierdo.jpg
Snapshot000000.jpg
Snapshot000001.jpg
Snapshot000002.jpg
Snapshot000003.jpg
Arriba.jpg

Edited by fespafer

My hair transplant: 

• 3 weeks later...

2 months update:

I would say that time has flown by but I would lie ... If I put together all the strolls taken to the mirror, the doubts about whether everything will go well, the acidity in my stomach every time I saw a new baldness due to the shock loss and the long path to cross the "desert phase", this past time has been sloooow.

Maybe the worst part of these last weeks, weren't only my own doubts (as I have already written in the posts above, I had read a lot about how the process would go and, in certain way, I keep the hope that everything will be better from the 4th month and beyond); As I said, the worst thing has been having to put up with family and friends, telling me that I've thrown away the money and, no matter how much you explain to them that it is a part of the process, they do not believe me, sowing even more doubts.

Also, there are also those who after telling them that I got a HT, say that "I am bald and I keep my dignity" ... (I'd remove their dignity with a punch on their face...) which make me feel bad, because, of course, my dignity was intact (at least until I heard that), I just wanted to recognize myself again in the mirror.

Anyway, I've had my minutes of psychotherapy writing these things for a few minutes, let's cut to the chase.

The donor and the beard, recovered 100%, I passed the machine to 1mm about 8 days ago by the donor, I wanted to do it also in the recipient area to match the different lengths that I have right now making me my appearance look even worse. They told me that I have to wait till 6th month, but I really think that using the machine carefully without pressure, would not have worse consequences than cutting with a pair of scissors, because it cuts really well, but hey, I will be disciplined and won't do it yet (maybe next month).

As you will see it in the photos, the recipient zone looks better, I started using rosehip oil mixed with the shampoo and it has helped me to remove the little redness that still remained (I do not know if it will be the oil or has coincided that it has to be gone now). I'm still in the desert phase and it's fucked up, because there are bald spots that make people look at my hair while I'm talking to them. As you can see in the photos of the endoscope, the good thing is that those black spots that were seen a couple of weeks ago have started to emerge, I hope they help in the coming weeks  to cover the areas where you can still see parts of my "cardboard" and improve the general appearance of my scalp.

Finally, only the photos are left, they are made with flash, trying to give the maximum detail. Give me your thoughts. Regards.

Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen

• Like 1

My hair transplant: 

2 hours ago, ViciousKeepLeftSign said:

Is there any sign that the beard has been used for donor hair?  Any bumps or anything in the skin?

Hopefully thing will be getting massively better soon 😃

Hi, not at all, my beard was ok from second week. It surprised me how fast it healed. Nobody could say 300 grafts were extracted from there.

My hair transplant: 

A little update with this collage including the evolution of my HT till today . As you can see, the shock loss phase is still present (and will be still for some more weeks 😭). Never thought that after my surgery weeks would last 9 days each one... They're going by so slowly...

evoluci-n-hasta-23-marzo.jpg

My hair transplant: 

• 3 weeks later...

3 months update. This last weeks I left my hair grow up without getting a haircut. Apparently, there is no big improvement yet, but still a bit better though. Lots of black spots seem to be the hairs that (hopefully) will cover the bald areas that are stil present on my head. 

Those bald guys at work who laughed at me at the beggining of the process, started asking about how could they get info for them, how much money did I spend, if it was painful, and so... That encouraged me to think that maybe it's going better that I think.

I do think that photos don't show the way I really look now since I made them all with close flash to avoid anyone telling me that I'm trying to cheat on the people reading this thread.

The 4th month is coming (read it with Jon Snow voice)... It will be a decissive moment for the process, since It's accepted on the forum that after this coming weeks I'll be able to make an idea about how my result will be (finger crossed...)

Here are this month photos, I've made a collage comparing my evolution through this 120 days.. (but..hey!.. who's counting?..) I'mlooking forward to read your thoughts. I'll be back next month. Regards20130647_201904140.thumb.jpg.4378503cfe9a51b16673a7e25d14a53e.jpg740537219_201904141.thumb.jpg.734be4335b173891341773c729904e50.jpg864152001_201904142.thumb.jpg.1d8a821991f3c6054d4d6ae8966f4834.jpg1141750672_20190414Comparativa3meses.thumb.jpg.028b04ba87b84d2a2777baf8c0808cd1.jpg

My hair transplant: 

34 minutes ago, ViciousKeepLeftSign said:

I used your phrase 'many leprous dog phase' the other day 😄

Looks like the redness has nearly gone and you can look forwards to things starting to come through in the next couple of months

Haha..good to know that someone found it useful.. Actually it was not a funny phrase, it described the feeling I had whenever I stood in front of the mirror.

Thanks for your reply.

P.S. I forgot to mention that tomorrow I'll get the first of the 4 PRP treatment that I've planned to get during this 12 months. I'll let you know if it's worthy to spend money on it.

My hair transplant: 

P.S. I forgot to mention that tomorrow I'll get the first of the 4 PRP treatment that I've planned to get during this 12 months. I'll let you know if it's worthy to spend money on it.

If you don't mind me asking, how much is it costing you?  I'm imagining over here (UK) it will cost £ridiculous amounts

1 hour ago, ViciousKeepLeftSign said:

If you don't mind me asking, how much is it costing you?  I'm imagining over here (UK) it will cost £ridiculous amounts

No problem taking about it, since we went 4 people at the same time they made a special offer for us, charging 80€ each instead of the regular price (130€).

Regards

My hair transplant: 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again.. now on the 3.5 months mark. Still no big improvements but a bit better though. Despite I'm light years from where I'd like to be, I can see that things are a better comparing to where I started from. My front third was completely empty, and now I can see this amount of hair on it (my little kid call me "Kiwi"..).

I was worry about the bald gaps that are present since the shock loss phase, but Dr. Cinik's representative told me that they will be covered eventually (eventually is such a wide word...) and send me the graphic that I'm attaching below. 

evoluci-n.jpg 

Blondes hair on some areas aren't helping much either to cover them, but there are some tiny black hairs underneath. Hopefully, the coming weeks will make a difference, but doubts are still there...

As I mentioned on my previous post, I got the first of the four PRP I've planned to get during this year. I couldn't say if it was helpful so far..

Now the important stuff, photos update. They've been taken with a powerful led light above my head but without flash, which made photos a bit different from the real status in previous posts:

IMG-20190430-073215-picsay.jpg

IMG-20190430-074419-picsay.jpg

2019-04-30-2.jpg

Waiting for your comments and impressions

Edited by fespafer

My hair transplant: 

5 hours ago, ViciousKeepLeftSign said:

Great improvement from a month ago - not too long before you're out of the horrible phase 😃

Thank you, hopefully next month will make a difference 🤞

My hair transplant: 

3 hours ago, alex79 said:

You will have very good results. It is too early to worry. 

Thank you Alex79, I hope so. Actually I think it's been a difference in the last week

image.png.a4a1a3ff3caddcf22214e0a580f7fa7c.png

Edited by fespafer

My hair transplant: