Is this pitting?

I am 27 days post FUE transplant. Shedding is underway, revealing some irregularity in the skin of the recipient area. People said I seemed obsessed or that I had body dysmorphic disorder in another thread. While that may be the case, a separate issue is whether I have pitting. I’ll be going into business meetings with many people in the coming months, and I am wondering if my skin will continue to have these little divots, or whether they will probably smooth out / go away. Take a look, and let me know what you think. To me it looks like I have lots of little pits, which is not typical of the transplant pics I’ve seen.

2B4D26BB-DDBB-48AE-BF29-5D758BE97751.png

11C6675A-A4C2-44FF-9422-615AD198FE6E.jpeg

No, it all looks fine and appears to have healed well.  It will look bumpy like that for a couple of months at least.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

At roughly 4 weeks post-op, this is not un-normal.

Try using some enriched aloe vera cream on the area several times per day and you will see some improvement.

It would not hurt to ask your surgeon this just to make sure it's fine with them.

Just make sure there are no additives and the cream is 100% aloe vera which is naturally herbal based.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks for the replies. I’ve been looking more at results and found that the appearance of pitting is very common in the first months after a hair transplant, and it goes away over the months. I bet persistent minor pitting is more common than people admit too.

I’ll use aloe vera cream.

Does anyone use retin-A cream on their recipient or donor zone?

• 2 years later...
On 2/9/2019 at 11:59 AM, Nebulosity said:

Thanks for the replies. I’ve been looking more at results and found that the appearance of pitting is very common in the first months after a hair transplant, and it goes away over the months. I bet persistent minor pitting is more common than people admit too.

I’ll use aloe vera cream.

Does anyone use retin-A cream on their recipient or donor zone?

@NebulositySo it's been a couple years, how did everything play out for you?  I'm going through the same thing, 4 weeks post op and locations grafts were placed appear to have pitting in the right lighting / angles.  Did it go away after a few months?

Edited by jim_hair