3 Mistakes That Every Hair Loss Sufferer Makes

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

Hey Guys,

I noticed the biggest mistake that people make when they find out they're going bald is being in denial. It seems that they want to blame it on stress, a bad haircut, literally anything except genetic hair loss. What are some of the other mistakes you guys notice?

3 Mistakes That Every Hair Loss Sufferer Makes

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I would say denial is one is the most common, but denial only brings inaction.

The steepest price to pay of the big mistakes that I see happen like a train wreck in slow motion is when people take action based on emotional and financial expediency.

I see a couple a year that come on this forum, ask for an opinion, and are 100 percent deaf to those that are given.  They will use a clinic that no one has heard of, get a hair line that experienced posters advise against, and use their inexperience against themselves in almost every way imaginable, and then spend the rest if their lives trying to repair it, dissatisfied, and worse off than had they been in denial and stayed in denial. 

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Another common mistake I've noticed is the idea that "balding is natural and there's nothing you can do to stop it".

This is likely going to be less of an issue going forward, with DTC advertising (e.g., HIMS, keeps, etc.), but I know when I started losing my hair there was a long time where I thought there was no treatment before stumbling on these forums.

I've talked to lots of guys IRL who think the same thing until I proselytize to them regarding the benefits of propecia.

Edited by baldlivesmatter
added "keeps"

1. Inaction to Take meds,

2.  Inaction to Take meds 

3. Getting surgery prematurely thinking it will be ok after seeing a doc tell you you will be etc etc——-Find a very ethical surgeon that will operate on you safely with a high standard of care and surgical protocol that reduces many risks to your result/goals.   

I think at first everybody is in denial. I know that I was but quickly I started using Rogaine. Although foolishly and this was where my mistake came in… I stopped using Rogaine and started using all kinds of ridiculous products that made false promises. And I lost a lot more hair. By the time I tried using Rogaine again, it was two and a lost too much hair.    I finally got on probation but by that time I had lost pretty much all my hair and I found out later that propecia really wasn’t doing anything for me. It might have helped had I started using it early on  but it certainly wasn’t restoring any hair.