FUE

It can be done without the entire donor zone shaven however wherever the extractions are being done, that area must be shaved to extract from.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Best of luck to you.  Glad you chose FUE and willing to share your experience with us.  You have a lot to look forward to.  Post some “before” pictures, game plan, and how many grafts you expect to harvest.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 3 weeks later...

That's true.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

FUE isn’t scar free but here’s a picture I’ve posted many times.  Keep in mind the area highlited generated over 1,750 grafts from my first surgery.  This picture was taken minutes before a second procedure over 2 years after the first surgery.  There is very little or no discernible scarring.

2053CB3E-1486-4D13-B1AD-9FC25B5EF2F5.jpeg

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

That's nice...however we must keep in mind that not everyone heals the same way and there are variances between individuals, meaning their respective physiologies, and obviously the skill of the surgeon is a huge factor.

Gillenator

On 3/7/2019 at 8:45 AM, JohnCasper said:

FUE isn’t scar free but here’s a picture I’ve posted many times.  Keep in mind the area highlited generated over 1,750 grafts from my first surgery.  This picture was taken minutes before a second procedure over 2 years after the first surgery.  There is very little or no discernible scarring.

2053CB3E-1486-4D13-B1AD-9FC25B5EF2F5.jpeg

Thanks for the pic but do u happen to have a shot with a little more resolution? This one is extremely blurry

I’m sorry but that is the only picture I had prior to the second surgery.  Hope it helps.  I’m sure cutting your hair with a 1-guard would be a safe way to go .....if you choose to in the future.