Will this transplantation design give me a normal appearance?

I am looking to undergo hair transplantation. I have the last stage of baldness, the stage of NW7. Unfortunately, the donor area in the back of my head is weak so that extraction of grafts from my chest is a must.

Therefore, I may not get full coverage for my head in the first session of transplantation. I will probably get a half coverage for the frontal half of my head similar to the pattern of baldness stage of NW3. I may undergo a second session to cover my crown of the head one year later or I may not take it at all.

I want the result of my hair transplantation to look like a natural pattern of NW3 stage of baldness. I don't want the appearance of my hair after the surgery to seem transplanted and to be a mockery or a reason for criticism. I suggest that the hair is transplanted in the zones of the head in the attached figure in the following order so look like a natural pattern:

Zone (A) Transplanted with a density of 40-50 hairs/cm2

Zone (B): Transplanted with a density of 30-40 hairs/cm2

Zone (C): Transplanted with a density of 20-30 hairs/cm2

Zone (D): Not Transplanted

I appeal you please if you have any further suggestions or recommendations for my transplantation so that my hair will look natural and have a long-term acceptable appearance.

Head zones.jpg

Edited by saizakout

• Administrators

hairtargeter,

I don't see what's wrong with the post above, I don't see any thing other than a question. I archived the duplicate thread as well. I will move this thread to the appropriate section

Plzrespond,

It's probably just something from google.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi hairtargeter,

As I have personally seen your pictures I would go with the plan you mention in your first post.

This will maximise the impact of the very limited grafts you have and hopefully will provide you with a good foundation for further surgery(s) when successfully grown out.

Yours is a very challenging case so you should set your expectations accordingly.

• Thanks 1

Dear Shera,

Yes, you are right. I have received an offer from a clinic in Turkey that they will extract 2000 grafts from the back of my head and 1500 grafts from my chest and do the transplantation with a density of 40-50 hairs/cm2 in the front decreasing gradually backwards. How much does it look an efficient solution for me?

Regards

Edited by saizakout

Hi hairtargeter ,

2000 grafts is probably hitting the maximum from your scalp donor.  What you don't want is to overharvest potentially resulting in damage to the few grafts that are left behind. It might make more sense not to be so aggressive in this area so you can take some more out the second time around.

1500 grafts from your chest is a good number but I would concentrate on 1000+ grafts from your beard area before hitting the chest.  

If the grafts grow out successfully over your hairline and mid scalp then you might be happy with the coverage but I think you will need another pass to strengthen some areas when you go for your second surgery to address your crown.

Again, as recommended to all patients, do your research with the emphasis on patient posted independent reviews. across different forums.

All the best to you.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, saizakout said:

Will I inevitably need a second surgery to address my crown?

My question is if my appearance will look permanently natural after this surgery as my crown will be excluded.

What's your opinion?

You are a  Norwood 7 patient with very limited scalp donor.

Ideally to cover such a large area you will need 5000-7000 scalp grafts, potentially 11000 to 15500 hairs

If you go for the 2000 scalp, 1500 chest and 1000 beard, that's 4000 grafts in total potentially approx. 7000 hairs.

I have assumed that scalp grafts will give you an average of 2.2 hairs with body hairs mostly singles and I have assumed all your grafts will grow out.

So, looking at that breakdown I would say you are very likely to have a follow up second surgery in your quest for hair.

Even if you decide to leave the crown alone, I still think another pass a year later will be required, I hope I'm wrong.

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2019 at 9:22 AM, saizakout said:

Dear Shera,

Yes, you are right. I have received an offer from a clinic in Turkey that they will extract 2000 grafts from the back of my head and 1500 grafts from my chest and do the transplantation with a density of 40-50 hairs/cm2 in the front decreasing gradually backwards. How much does it look an efficient solution for me?

Regards

I'd avoid Turkey

• Sad 1

• Administrators

As a Norwood 7 you definitely want to consider BHT, I would start researching surgeons with extensive portfolios performing BHT.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.