Anybody here have any luck covering up a FUT scar??

I went into my FUT surgery with extremely misguided hopes. I figured I would go from a NW3V diffused pattern to being a thick NW2 due to my excellent hair traits and realized 4000 grafts just doesn't do much at all in terms of real density. So now I'm wondering what are my options long term

my hair as it stands is decent. If I blowdry it and apply gel, nobody can tell I've lost anything except if they look in the back (which starts high enough to where hardly anybody can notice it). When I wake up though, you can see the diffuse thinning pattern. I'm worried i'm going to be a NW6 in 5-10 years (even with finnasteride, rogaine, nizoral).

If I do become a NW6, what are my options for shaving my head with my FUT scar? Can I get some kind of a tattoo to cover it up? Thank god I have great jawline/beard genetics and I'm olive skinned so I think I'll look decent with the shaved head but I dunno what to do with the scar

• Administrators

Analog,

I have yet again received more complaints about your thread. Honestly, the community seems to be fed up with your constant threads complaining about your results, without putting up any proof. In fact, I messaged you over a week ago asking you for information so I could contact your doctor and you never messaged me back.

The last post I saw of you, you said you were going to wait for 12 months. But here you are again creating the same thread, I don't want to suspend you. But with other posters constantly complaining, I may not have a choice. I suggest staying off the boards until 12 months. If at 12 months you are unhappy with your results, I suggest posting several clear pictures highlighting what your dissatisfied with and then providing me with the necessary information to reach out to your surgeon.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Analog,

I have yet again received more complaints about your thread. Honestly, the community seems to be fed up with your constant threads complaining about your results, without putting up any proof. In fact, I messaged you over a week ago asking you for information so I could contact your doctor and you never messaged me back.

The last post I saw of you, you said you were going to wait for 12 months. But here you are again creating the same thread, I don't want to suspend you. But with other posters constantly complaining, I may not have a choice. I suggest staying off the boards until 12 months. If at 12 months you are unhappy with your results, I suggest posting several clear pictures highlighting what your dissatisfied with and then providing me with the necessary information to reach out to your surgeon.

forget the results

I want to know what are my options for covering up the scar. Anybody here have any luck?

33 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

U should get another transplant n focus on ur crown .. ur hair isn’t even bad .. it’s workable .

no more transplants for me. I hated the process and recovery

I'm gonna shave my head...I'm hoping to make it 10 more years

Just now, Legend007 said:

Should of shaved ur head in the beginning .. now u stuck with a fut scar . 

the pictures are so enticing. They make guys who look like a diffused NW3 pattern look like a dense NW2

and i knew it was complete bullsh*t because the doctor's pics of my 6 month progress make it look like I'm a dense NW1.5...when I still have tons of diffuse loss. After a shower, my hair looks fukking horrible. It's so frustrating for me because I was born with such beautiful, wavy, thick hair texture. My mom is 58 and has some of the most beautiful hair you can see. My grandpa at 50 had the hairline of a 12 year old. It's very very frustrating

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

Should of shaved ur head in the beginning .. now u stuck with a fut scar . 

^this

Analog,

I told you from the beginning that your expectations were way to high. Hair restoration is an illusion not true density. I remember specifically telling you this. I even gave myself as an example. You chose to ignore me and several others.

Unfortunately, there is no way to fully cover a scar. Smp can help disguise it, but you will always be able to see remnants. 

Also, you keep making disengenous statements about your doctor, but refuse to give me the information necessary to reach out to him. How can we in good faith allow you to keep making these kind of remarks? It’s either put up or shut up. The only pictures we’ve seen look good. You continuously say, that the pictures are some how altered, but you don’t provide your own as rebuttal.

At this point, I’m no longer asking I’m telling you. Provide me your name and date of surgery. I will reach out to your surgeon so he can respond publicly. If I don’t receive this information, I will be forced to suspend your account until I do. 

We cannot allow a one-way conversation. I’ve given you several chances. I’ve had several members complain about you and now enough is enough. I await your response.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

48 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

^this

Analog,

I told you from the beginning that your expectations were way to high. Hair restoration is an illusion not true density. I remember specifically telling you this. I even gave myself as an example. You chose to ignore me and several others.

Unfortunately, there is no way to fully cover a scar. Smp can help disguise it, but you will always be able to see remnants. 

Also, you keep making disengenous statements about your doctor, but refuse to give me the information necessary to reach out to him. How can we in good faith allow you to keep making these kind of remarks? It’s either put up or shut up. The only pictures we’ve seen look good. You continuously say, that the pictures are some how altered, but you don’t provide your own as rebuttal.

At this point, I’m no longer asking I’m telling you. Provide me your name and date of surgery. I will reach out to your surgeon so he can respond publicly. If I don’t receive this information, I will be forced to suspend your account until I do. 

We cannot allow a one-way conversation. I’ve given you several chances. I’ve had several members complain about you and now enough is enough. I await your response.

I don't blame my doctor, I don't think he did a bad job. I think my results are pretty much standard. I think hair restoration is mostly complete nonsense and all the pictures for all doctors are more illusion than reality.

Anyways, SMP is my only choice for it? If it's slightly visible, I'm okay with it

Hair transplants do not recreate density.  They create the illusion of density.   If your hair looks better when the doctor’s office styles it, learn how they do it.  

Maybe you should enroll in beauty school?

48 minutes ago, SBSinNYC said:

Hair transplants do not recreate density.  They create the illusion of density.   If your hair looks better when the doctor’s office styles it, learn how they do it.  

Maybe you should enroll in beauty school?

its the camera and lighting they use

after a shower, i still look bald as hell 

5 hours ago, AnalogFeel said:

the pictures are so enticing. They make guys who look like a diffused NW3 pattern look like a dense NW2

and i knew it was complete bullsh*t because the doctor's pics of my 6 month progress make it look like I'm a dense NW1.5...when I still have tons of diffuse loss. After a shower, my hair looks fukking horrible. It's so frustrating for me because I was born with such beautiful, wavy, thick hair texture. My mom is 58 and has some of the most beautiful hair you can see. My grandpa at 50 had the hairline of a 12 year old. It's very very frustrating

It seems a lot of your hangup is that you feel you have some kind of genetic right to amazing hair.  It comes through over and over how perfect you think your genetics, characteristics, etc. are and it's just so shocking that someone cut from such wonderful timber can be experiencing hair loss.

Get over yourself man.  We all have our flaws.  Maybe yours is hair loss, maybe it isn't.  We don't have photos so who knows?  Many of the guys on this board have started companies, dated beautiful women, become fathers, saved lives, and more while being bald/balding.  Even genetically awesome dudes like LeBron James, Tom Brady, and Tiger Woods have had hair transplants.  Hair's nice but there's more to life than perfect density.

3 hours ago, AnalogFeel said:

its the camera and lighting they use

after a shower, i still look bald as hell 

Hair always appears less dense when wet.    Maybe you should avoid showering.  Doubt it will affect you much.