Donor Hair Opinions

Donor hair is currently grown out and thought I'd get some general opinions on it . I feel hair caliber is probably average. Tthe hair on the back and sides has always grown awkwardly and is quite annoying when grown out. My hair on top was pretty straight before it started thinning but always had this type of growth on in the back and sides. 

donor.jpg

It doesnt look bad and if transplanted and grown out it could provide a good amount of coverage.

I think there is a guy on here who went to Dr Maras who has similar hair to yours.  He was positing in the last week or so about getting his crown done.

Edited by 1978matt

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators

hair caliber looks above average, but hard to say by pictures. That said, curly hair provides a great illusion of density. The scalp will be covered well.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It looks like you have a good supply of donor hair and would likely make a good candidate for hair transplantation. However, it is not possible to determine a persons donor density from a photo like you have posted. That could only be determined in person.

• Like 1

You definitely look like a good candidate for a HT - and the curly hair will really do you some favors in adding the illusion of more density on top. My main suggestion would be to really do your research in terms of surgeons and get a good consensus before moving forward, particularly re: FUE vs Strip. FUE can be trickier when it comes to curly hair, so if choosing FUE you really want to make sure you're choosing a surgeon who is very competent and has a proven track record of similar cases. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56