How will I look like with only coverage for the frontal area of my head?

I want to undergo hair transplantation surgery. Unfortunately, the donor area in the back of my head is weak and the baldness area in my head is large where I have the baldness stage of NW7. Therefore, extraction of grafts from my chest is a must.

Therefore, I have been informed by the most hair transplantation clinics and advisory websites that covering the whole of my head is not possible, especially in one session. In the first session, which may also be the only session for me, it will be only possible to cover my hairline and the frontal area of my head, so that the crown and the back of my head will continue to be empty.

Some clinics have informed me that it may be possible to cover my crown in another session one year later by extracting grafts from my chest. Few Clinics are ready to cover all of my head by extracting grafts from the back of my head and my chest.

I am really mystified whether to cover the frontal half of my head in the first surgery, which may be the only transplantation surgery for me or to cover the whole of my head in one surgery in a clinic ready to do so for me.

If only the frontal half of my head will be covered on one session because it is reportedly and medically the typical solution for me, will it be acceptable for my appearance to be with a half-covered head and a bald spot in my head crown?

Of course, it will be optimal for my personal photos and my video chatting to be with only a frontal coverage for my head. However, in real life and for youtubing, I am not sure if it will be optimal or not.

How will my hair look like?

How will I style my hair? Will I be obligated to a specified hairstyle?

Will I have to lengthen my hair or shorten it?

Will my head appearance (face and hair) be acceptable without any criticism or mockery?

Will it be a distraction for the eye that looks at me to stare at my bald spot in the back of my head other than looking at my face and my frontal hair?

If your procedure is performed properly it can look very natural. It is not uncommon to see a man that has hair loss in the mid scalp and crown areas but has maintained his hairline and frontal hair. This is the second or third most common pattern of male pattern baldness. I recommend you are very conservative with the hairline placement. (not to low). This will allow you to get more coverage .

• Thanks 1

Surely because my forehead is wide so that it will look wider even with stage 3. The purpose of the hairline is motivating the eye to stare at the face rather than distracting above to the bald head. The most important aim for me is to realize this purpose with the designed hairline by the surgeon.

You’ll look way better with half a head of hair than with no hair. 

You can add concealer to the balding area or address it at a later date

most guys who do have hair are balding in the crown anyway so you’ll basically “upgrade” to that status 

Edited by HarryHonolulu

I don't think the concealer is a solution. If I look like the pattern of stage 3 of baldness after the transplantation, I will look natural. The most important thing is that my hairline will realize its aim not to distract the eye looking at me to something abnormal in my head.

Edited by Hans - Webmaster
Updated by me to clean the history