Softened hairline result (opinions please!)

• 6 months later...
On 5/28/2020 at 10:20 PM, JohnAC71 said:

Glad you waited and saw it settle down by 18 months. I always didnt see a true final result in my own HTs until around the year and a half mark. 

It's incredible how it changes after 1 year isn't it. I was quite happy with it at 1 year to be honest, but it really softened near 2 years after. Nobody stares at my hairline anymore! 

I think it's as good as it will get now, although not perfect... I've learned to stop obsessing over it. Certainly with what's happened this year with the pandemic. It's kind of puts things into perspective with what's really important! 

Here's a more recent photo -

1819706876_MyHairlineAfter.jpg.8793fc85c3109dbdda2e40ab74f1cf0c.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 10:59 PM, JayLDD said:

Realistically, if Keser is "shit" 99% of the hair transplant surgeons on earth are shit. Every single surgeon including the very best have poor or lower end results, Keser however is at the top end of consistently producing extremely aesthetic hairlines with high yields and good density. Having a few double grafts in your hairline isn't a disaster, hairlines in nature aren't all perfect either.

I heard Keser is not using microscopes, if that's true, I believe what Clark.Ethan said is true, of course he ended up with a few multi grafts in his hairline. So that makes me think Keser is not quite an elite surgeon.

OP, I think you have a perfect hairline now, you should be very happy with it. I wouldn't touch it. 

5 hours ago, UnbaldEagle said:

I heard Keser is not using microscopes, if that's true, I believe what Clark.Ethan said is true, of course he ended up with a few multi grafts in his hairline. So that makes me think Keser is not quite an elite surgeon.

OP, I think you have a perfect hairline now, you should be very happy with it. I wouldn't touch it. 

He literally refused to post his own results after I prodded him five or six times. If someone is complaining about multi-grafts and complaining about a specific surgeon but unwilling to post photos their feelings are good as worthless to make any empirical judgement over. You believe what he said is true despite the fact that he refuses to post proof after asking for it 6 times? Unbelievably naïve but you do you bud.

I would absolutely advocate for microscopes, reality is however that they're a tool that isn't a necessity for top-tier results.  Its not a binary means of deciding whether a surgeon is top-tier, nor is it even the only means of avoiding multi-grafts in the hairline. I've seen many people who have gone to surgeons using microscopes that still have multis in the hairline. I've seen certain surgeons that don't use microscopes where its clearly not an issue that would cause the general public to notice anything unnatural in 99% of cases. 

To say Keser is not quite an "elite surgeon" begs the question of exactly who is. If you've looked at hundreds/thousands of results from across many of the top-tier surgeons, from looking at patient posted results its clear that there are virtually none getting consistently better results in terms of aesthetics and yield. Couldn't care less about hearsay or people complaining about multigraphs when they aren't even prepared to show photos of them. Who exactly is clearly a cut above? Couto, Freitas, Hasson/Wong, Konior are all examples of surgeons in this realm but even of this bunch I wouldn't decisively say they are a cut above, despite each excelling at different things. Again I totally advocate for microscopes but patient posted results speak at volumes above a surgeons tools or methodology.

In regards to OP, his hairline isn't perfect by any means but I totally agree its probably best not to touch it. 

14 hours ago, GregHair said:

It's incredible how it changes after 1 year isn't it. I was quite happy with it at 1 year to be honest, but it really softened near 2 years after. Nobody stares at my hairline anymore! 

I think it's as good as it will get now, although not perfect... I've learned to stop obsessing over it. Certainly with what's happened this year with the pandemic. It's kind of puts things into perspective with what's really important! 

Definitely do not touch it. Looks very natural. Who was the surgeon? 

Looks great! It’s a personal preference. Only you know in your daily life how your hair looks in general. My hair was a little denser in front and I still had more implanted with no issues. But leaving it alone is also fine. Everyone is their own critic in the end. 👍

Edited by Guy73

Thanks all. Always great to get forum feedback like this which is reassuring. I'm happy finally 😃

17 hours ago, HairFunk said:

Definitely do not touch it. Looks very natural. Who was the surgeon? 

Dr. Rogers & Dr. Sebastian at Westminster Medical Group in London 👍

On 11/30/2020 at 7:07 AM, GregHair said:

Visual improvement after 12 months is almost always attributable to full maturity in both terms of full growth and full hair shaft development (caliber).

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/2/2020 at 10:54 PM, gillenator said:

Visual improvement after 12 months is almost always attributable to full maturity in both terms of full growth and full hair shaft development (caliber).

I’ve only just found this thread. This is interesting that it can mature past the one year mark. It such a shame hair transplants take so long to grow and then even longer to mature. Plus you may loose more none transplanted hair also along the way. What a ride 😂