Softened hairline result (opinions please!)

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Payam said:

I don't see any multis in this guys hairline, and while he could benefit with slightly added density it's still leaps and bounds above anything Asmeds nameless techs could ever hope to produce. Let's be honest here, it's laughable to even mention a hair mill FUE factory like Asmed in this context, OP actually had trained medical professionals operate on him during the entire procedure, unlike what's going on at Asmed where low salaried straight from high school 20 year olds with zero medical background are poking holes in your head. 

Payam,

These statements are inflammatory and baseless. You are making inflammatory statements about technicians you know nothing about. Firstly, you don't know their salary, education level or medical training. I am not saying you can't be upset at your results. But making these types of accusations and comments are not acceptable. You are making these statements, as if they were facts and they are assumptions. You don't know what kind of training or experience the technicians who worked on the OP have either.

This thread is not about ASMED, let's keep this thread on topic.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The hair mills and large chains have huge overhead and why they tend to hire the least experienced because of the lower salaries.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

19 hours ago, gillenator said:

The hair mills and large chains have huge overhead and why they tend to hire the least experienced because of the lower salaries.

Often wondered this about the large chains advertising clinics all over the world. Some of them don't even list the team members probably for these reasons / or they're ever changing... who knows!

Many also utilize itinerant teams of techs that travel location to location because of the lack of training or skill or personnel.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2019 at 10:15 PM, gillenator said:

Many also utilize itinerant teams of techs that travel location to location because of the lack of training or skill or personnel.

Often wondered how that works legally when travelling through countries - certainly in Europe! 

Back on topic as Payam has lost his mind and should probably be banned, but for sure lost his mind.     Okay, so people are talking about the bumps in the pic.  The stupidity here amazes me as that isn't cobblstoning or anything more than then man pulling his hair back and in doing so in the pic, is pulling the hairs slightly raising the skin. As soon as he let's go, I assure you it looks perfectly normal. As for the OP's obsessive compulsive question. I believe in honesty. We all need a heavy dose of it here.  Your hairline before was pretty okay. Certainly I would be willing to bet in the course of your entire life, not one human would have ever looked at you in real life and thought your hairline looked clunky. People simply don't look at tiny details on other people. Hell, my hairline was moved several inches forward and even my mother didn't notice. She thought my hair looked better, but didn't even realize anything was done. And this is an Italian mother...she sees everything!  I also had a medium sized chin implant done....neither my mom or ex wife who I was with for 16 years noticed and I see the ex several times per week.   There is a dose of reality that people aren't inspecting your face like you are!    So to the OP.  It was fine before, though not perfection. The softening was probably you over reacting and I have to say it looks amazingly natural. But here again, you want PERFECTION. And if you wanted the hairline of godly perfection....sure, adding maybe 250 hairs to the front center would not hurt, maybe even be 2% more "perfect"  But this is craziness to be honest. If you are spending this much time obsessing over weather 3cm2 of hair a great density or perfect density then you have really gone and run way to far into the wilderness on this issue.  There is a reason guys are asking who did it.....because it looks great!  You can choose to be thrilled with what you have or obsess over 300 hairs.  No way you should risk surgery and near perfection in search of perfect. It is not even near perfect.....it is about the most natural looking recreated hairline we have seen on this site. 

Still, if it were me, I would not do anything else...if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Gillenator

your hairline already looks "perfectly" natural - night and day improvement over where you started, I don't think you would gain any noticeable benefit from another surgery - we are all seeking more density everywhere! don't act on the hair greed 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:10 PM, HairFunk said:

Often wondered how that works legally when travelling through countries - certainly in Europe! 

The industry as a whole is unregulated in most jurisdictions.

Gillenator

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/3/2020 at 1:01 AM, Silent1234 said:

Great job. Very natural. You say this is 2 years post op. How many months did this take to mature fully? 

It looked really good at 10 - 12 months, though after about 1.5 years everything settled and softened nicely. 

Here's a more recent photo

DSC2035.jpg.a68325b511edc39c9818511931f89503.jpg

I'm still thinking about a touch more 😬 Westminster Medical Group said it's possible, though not much at all, they also think it looks good as it is and that I shouldn't really touch it. It's just that frontal peak I want doing. Hmmmm 🤣

21 hours ago, Gatsby said:

GregHair that is one of the most ‘natural’ hairlines I’ve seen that was not created by Mother Nature! Many people would kill for that result. I agree that if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. 

Ha thanks Gatsby, that's nice to hear!! I'm a finicky soul by nature being an artist and designer. I do tend to obsess over details greatly ! 😂🧐

On 5/10/2020 at 1:56 AM, GregHair said:

Ha thanks Gatsby, that's nice to hear!! I'm a finicky soul by nature being an artist and designer. I do tend to obsess over details greatly ! 😂🧐

I agree, hairline looks excellent. 

Any before photos from your original surgery? 

On 2/7/2019 at 10:03 PM, JayLDD said:

OP, imo I would consult surgeons who are top-tier at small refined FUE hairline cases like Keser or Konior.

Keser 😂😂 Nice joke bro. Keser is shit :). I just made a surgery with him and I have double grafts in my hairline.

On 5/9/2020 at 7:43 AM, Gatsby said:

GregHair that is one of the most ‘natural’ hairlines I’ve seen that was not created by Mother Nature! Many people would kill for that result. I agree that if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. 

I could not agree more!

Gillenator

On 5/12/2020 at 5:01 PM, Clark.Ethan said:

Keser 😂😂 Nice joke bro. Keser is shit :). I just made a surgery with him and I have double grafts in my hairline.

Do you have photos of your results? If you're attacking a surgeon you'd have every reason in the world to show how they look to prove and emphasise that the surgeon did bad work.

Realistically, if Keser is "shit" 99% of the hair transplant surgeons on earth are shit. Every single surgeon including the very best have poor or lower end results, Keser however is at the top end of consistently producing extremely aesthetic hairlines with high yields and good density. Having a few double grafts in your hairline isn't a disaster, hairlines in nature aren't all perfect either.

You even said this before about your result with him, to me it just seems like an emotional overreaction at this point

"Overall first HT was good"

• Like 1

I found myself in a similar situation as you Greg. I believe my hairline was pretty darn close to that after a second pass. Take a look at my feed. I will agree with everyone else, it looks great! Not sure if certain lights is what’s bothering you? But always a risk of damaging what you already have and really going to depend on the doctors skill to squeeze more in. Now for me my crown had a thin spot causing me to go back and got lucky with additional coverage in front. I will say I was nervous as hell and afraid of screwing up a good thing.😂 

9 hours ago, JayLDD said:

Do you have photos of your results? If you're attacking a surgeon you'd have every reason in the world to show how they look to prove and emphasise that the surgeon did bad work.

Realistically, if Keser is "shit" 99% of the hair transplant surgeons on earth are shit. Every single surgeon including the very best have poor or lower end results, Keser however is at the top end of consistently producing extremely aesthetic hairlines with high yields and good density. Having a few double grafts in your hairline isn't a disaster, hairlines in nature aren't all perfect either.

You even said this before about your result with him, to me it just seems like an emotional overreaction at this point

"Overall first HT was good"

Dude, this guy was making surgery while turning his music and dancing like a prick infront of me. I just share pictures with me, I am not going to share it again. I AM the one who actually made a surery with him. My hairline is NOT looking good. All what I am saying is don't go with Keser. It's too expensive and not worth. I will go with hattingen this summer.

6 hours ago, Clark.Ethan said:

Dude, this guy was making surgery while turning his music and dancing like a prick infront of me. I just share pictures with me, I am not going to share it again. I AM the one who actually made a surery with him. My hairline is NOT looking good. All what I am saying is don't go with Keser. It's too expensive and not worth. I will go with hattingen this summer.

As condescending as it sounds, the only reason you’d aggressively criticize yoir surgeon over your results but not post the them is because you’re upset you didn’t get exactly what you wanted, but you know that others who see your result won’t agree that the result is terrible, and potentially suggest you’re wrong entirely and the result is actually good.

If the result was indisputably terrible, you’d absolutely post it because it’s the best way to attack the doctor rather than merely slagging them off which makes you look like you’re being dishonest. If you want to market that your surgeon is terrible, the best way to do that is with some terrible result photos. Considering you won’t post them, you probably don’t have anything remotely resembling this.

You didn’t share pictures with anyone. If he’s listening to music during surgery as someone working in an incredibly tense work environment with constantly high levels of concentration day in day out, I don’t blame him or any other surgeon for listening to music as long as the results are consistent. If you have problems with this kind of thing or your surgeon being a human being with human emotions, choose the ARTAS. Hattingen are a great clinic however, hopefully you get the results you were looking for.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 7:10 PM, HairFunk said:

The industry as a whole is unregulated.

Gillenator

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2020 at 12:49 PM, GregHair said:

It looked really good at 10 - 12 months, though after about 1.5 years everything settled and softened nicely. 

Here's a more recent photo

DSC2035.jpg.a68325b511edc39c9818511931f89503.jpg

I'm still thinking about a touch more 😬 Westminster Medical Group said it's possible, though not much at all, they also think it looks good as it is and that I shouldn't really touch it. It's just that frontal peak I want doing. Hmmmm 🤣

I wouldn't touch it. It looks great. If it's not broken don't fix it!