Softened hairline result (opinions please!)

Hi all,

I wondered if I could get your opinion on whether I should thicken my hairline up a little more?

To briefly explain, I had a small FUE op 2 years ago to soften a hair transplant I had roughly 6 years ago. The original hair transplant was good but I always felt that my hairline looked a little 'chunky' and slightly unnatural and I would often have a fringe to disguise the hairline. After looking into hairline softening procedures online I selected another clinic where the surgeon used thin hairs and loosely placed them across the hairline to create a more 'feathered look'. I felt more confident combing my hair back following this procedure, though now I am questioning if I should have another pass to thicken it up or am I just being obsessive?! 

My only question is - does it look too sparse now? Should I have another pass to improve the density a little so that the density looks more inline with the original hair line density? I'm 33 and opted for a more mature hairline. 

I've attached the two photos below for comparison.

Opinions please!

Thanks

Before Softening.jpg

After Softening.jpg

Honestly, I think it looks good as is, getting the touch-up on the hairline definitely makes it much more natural looking and probably not necessary to do another ht, I would be pretty happy with that result but I can understand wanting more density.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Chasing perfection through surgery is a dangerous thing. Right now you have a perfectly natural looking hairline. Another surgery could put you right back to where you were before, then you’ll want another procedure to refine the last one and before you know it the hairline will look bad. 

This is common with cosmetic surgery, how many times have you seen someone with a nose like Michael Jackson. It’s never the person with one or two nose jobs, its the people who get several it becomes a never ending cycle.

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Ok interesting, thanks for the responses. I think I'll sleep on it longer!

I just can't help but feeling that it's a little light at the front still, and I'd like more of a wall of hair again. To be fair I did request a very soft hairline to the team. 

Maybe I'm just going through a phase... and as Melvin said above probably chasing perfection. Hmmm

Before Right.jpg

After Right.jpg

• Like 1

I don't see why a little extra density could not be added.  Maybe use the same doc as before and certainly one that operates on only one patient a day. 

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

16 hours ago, 1978matt said:

I don't see why a little extra density could not be added.  Maybe use the same doc as before and certainly one that operates on only one patient a day. 

I was thinking of having just a little more in the section I highlighted below. I'm not even sure how many grafts thats is? I'll send them a photo and see what they say anyway out of curiosity. I had the hairline softening op with Dr. Rogers and Dr. Sebastian at Westminster Medical in London for those asking 👍

Close Up.png

I think the hairline looks great and it flows well. I agree: why mess with something that looks really nice. 

I have an older car, and a few years ago it was running well. I brought it to my trusty mechanic to try to make it run even better: regret that decision as it has never run the same. Good mechanic, great intentions...poor outcome. I blame no one except myself.

Nope, leave it alone! :) What you're wanting to address is so minor, and not only do I think it's not necessary, I think you run an even greater risk of not being happy with the outcome. As Melvin said, chasing perfection in a cosmetic procedure usually doesn't pan out very well, and I find it to be a very dangerous game. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

When I see people look at a case like this and say its all fine when clearly there are ample multis in the hairline, the density is bad, the placement is unnatural and all over the place with hairs placed in at random at the front in a low density fashion for no particular reason, the angles are off and there is obvious cobblestone scarring, I continue to scratch my head at the people losing their minds saying that ASMED can't produce a good hairline. This thread is proof that people have zero ability to objectively judge hairline aesthetics as much as they want to pretend, period. If this was produced anywhere in Turkey, people would be shitting on this result. 

I mean for god sake, at least on the multigraft issue I'd expect people to be able to see an issue.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, JeanLDD said:

When I see people look at a case like this and say its all fine when clearly there are ample multis in the hairline, the density is bad, the placement is unnatural and all over the place with hairs placed in at random at the front in a low density fashion for no particular reason, the angles are off and there is obvious cobblestone scarring, I continue to scratch my head at the people losing their minds saying that ASMED can't produce a good hairline. This thread is proof that people have zero ability to objectively judge hairline aesthetics as much as they want to pretend, period. If this was produced anywhere in Turkey, people would be shitting on this result. 

I mean for god sake, at least on the multigraft issue I'd expect people to be able to see an issue.

if you're so frustrated by how people react to results to the point of cursing and throwing a tantrum, why even bother? surely it's not worth your time? 

this patient had a botched surgery that gave him awful doll-like hair. 

he had it fixed which a) is brave, b) is expensive. 

the result is WAY better. no reason to bring up ASMED or whoever else. we're talking about THIS dude. 

be a little more sensitive. I've said this to you in private, I'll say it on here. I'm no mod but if it were up to me I'd tell you where to go (and it's not turkey)

• Like 2

I agree with Melvin-Moderator! Your new hairline looks very natural I wouldn't touch it at all!

So many men have that 'I have had a hair transplant' hairline look. Most would be happy with a softer look like that!

• Administrators
20 hours ago, JeanLDD said:

Jean,

I don't see why bringing up ASMED is necessary. A lot has been said of ASMED lately and it would be good if we don't rehash negative comments.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 3:26 PM, Poseidon said:

How long do those little bumps last at the hairs?

How long ago was this procedure?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Greg,

I also think your new hairline looks very good and natural...yes there are a few places where some single hair grafts would help with added density but If it were me, I would not do more than say 300 additional FUE grafts, tops.

That would also minimize the trauma level to the area and I think that would definitely complete your goal.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 2/7/2019 at 9:01 PM, JeanLDD said:

I don't see any multis in this guys hairline, and while he could benefit with slightly added density it's still leaps and bounds above anything Asmeds nameless techs could ever hope to produce. Let's be honest here, it's laughable to even mention a hair mill FUE factory like Asmed in this context, OP actually had trained medical professionals operate on him during the entire procedure, unlike what's going on at Asmed where low salaried straight from high school 20 year olds with zero medical background are poking holes in your head. 

Edited by Payam