Hair Transplant Timeline

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

Unfortunately, hair growth takes time and many patients find themselves doubting their procedure at 3 months when the hair is barely growing. It's hard to stay patient, but it's necessary. For those of you who had transplants around what month did you really see growth take off? Personally, for me it was the 5th month.

Hair Transplant Timeline

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I think it’s important that anyone new to hair transplant surgery in particular read this… Many think that results are immediate or if not, they think that the final result will grow in around three or four months when in reality, that’s only the starting point of when people just start to notice signs of growth. Yes there are some people who grow faster than others but even then, it typically takes about 6 to 8 months for the fast grower to see impressive looking results whereas the slow grower may see their final result around 18 months.   

Interesting article, and patience is definitely a virtue in this game.

Have you guys noticed any kind of correlation between fast growers and homerun results?

Seems the majority of great results that I see also had early growth.

So although one can't judge the results until month 12, one may have some kind of idea around month 6?

• Administrators
4 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Melvin do u mean u started seeing a lot of growth at 5 months or u were able to have a drastic change in ur overall look?

5 months was the time I started to see a lot of growth, that was the point where people started to notice. I would say the drastic change occurred at 7 months.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.