Dr. Raymond Konior

Raymond Konior, MD | Chicago Hair Institute | 1940 Graft Frontal and Donor Scar Restoration

On 9/22/2019 at 12:18 AM, Chances101 said:

Some type of fibers or dye looks present in these photos . The scalp is to dark in certain areas. These doctors should post without enhancements. It’s deceiving. I’m curious to see what koiner has to say about that . Although he is a great doctor but this is misleading 

I've looked and cant see any fibers. Dr. Konior is an ethical surgeon who would never do that.

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

Maybe was my mistake. Just seemed that they were fibers . Hey have you heard about nadimi ? That’s works in the clinic with him. Do you think she has similar skilled ? In AA hair @Melvin-Moderator

Edited by Chances101

Just now, Chances101 said:

Maybe was my mistake. Just seemed that they were fibers . Hey have you heard about nadimi ? That’s works in the clinic with him. Do you think she has similar skilled ? 

1 hour ago, Chances101 said:

Maybe was my mistake. Just seemed that they were fibers . Hey have you heard about nadimi ? That’s works in the clinic with him. Do you think she has similar skilled ? In AA hair @Melvin-Moderator

I can't say for sure I haven't seen a result from her with afrocentric hair, but I've been impressed with what i've seen thus far. I think she has a great future as a surgeon.

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

On 2/1/2019 at 6:43 AM, Dr. Raymond Konior said:

My experience shows 300 grafts to be an average amount needed for average strip scars in need of camouflage.  There are definitely cases needing fewer and some needing more, but this is a good estimate for most.  It is interesting and encouraging that most patients burdened with visible scars can eventually opt for fairly short hair styles if enough grafts are used.  I find two staged sessions are needed for most larger scars when one wants to go with the shorter hair styles.

Dr. Konior, 

I was researching about HT to the donor strip scar and in certain cases, the grafts placed in the scar don't grow sometimes.

Which cases is this research referring to? 

14 hours ago, stephcurry30 said:

Dr. Konior, 

I was researching about HT to the donor strip scar and in certain cases, the grafts placed in the scar don't grow sometimes.

Which cases is this research referring to? 

It is also possible for grafts not to grow in the healthiest of scalps, but this is most often a result of poor technique.  A poorly harvested or poorly placed graft will be at risk for low survival regardless of where it is placed.  My experience shows that donor scars can be successfully grafted as long at healthy grafts are carefully placed in a strategic fashion.  If you have any concern about graft growth, it may be wise to consider a small test session to evaluate your growth rate.  A test session guarantees that you will not waste donor supply should you have a predisposition to poor growth.

wow. That was a brilliant result especially with Afro type of hair. I will be keeping an eye on your work for sure! Please do send us more Afro type hair if you have suck patients.