Patchy Looking Hair After FUE Procedure

Hi,

Was wondering how should I expect my donor zone should to look after having approximately 2000 grafts removed. I've seen some patients whose donor looks great after having an FUE procedure (basically no one can tell that they had hair grafts removed) and I've seen some procedures where the donor zone looks completely destroyed and has that patchy moth eaten look. I was wondering if the patchy moth eaten donor zone look is a normal phenomenon of FUE or if this can be avoided by choosing a good physician? 

The reason I'm asking is because I cut the sides of my hair very short (#1 clip size at the barber) which makes it look practically shaven. I'm wondering if the extracted grafts would look noticeable with this hairstyle? Does anyone think I would have to change the way I style my hair if I decide to do an FUE hair transplant? Having my donor zone look damaged after a hair transplant is basically one of my biggest concerns and would influence my decision of whether or not to do one so if anyone can share their experiences or thoughts regarding this then I would really appreciate it. 

Thanks,

Edited by bruce90

Hey man, it seems to really depend on the thickness of your native hairs and the coverage you get with them. I think if you continued to buzz cut at a 1 guard you would be able to see the dot scars if your native hairs are of average to fine density but if you had thick, curly hair it may mean a little bit better coverage, even at that short of a length. I think you have to consider the surgeon and the technique they use as well as the size of the punch they have gone with.

depends on several things - 1) your own donor density - 2) size of FUE manual or motorized punch utilized by surgeon or tech - 3). extractions properly spread/spaced out so as to not over-harvest any particular donor zone, and 4). your own physiology and healing characteristics will affect degree of scarring 

Depends on the tools the doctor uses to extract, the size of the punch, the pattern of extraction whether it is scattered or compressed, the skill of the doctor and the dr approved physiology that permitted you to be in the surgical chair.