Jump to content
RecessionProof

FUT patients -- how short can you buzz your hair?

Recommended Posts

Just curious to see how short everyone has been able to cut their hair without the scar showing, especially after the 12 month point. I've seen some people buzz down to a 3 guard without the scar being noticeable, while others keep their hair much longer. I understand that it can vary quite a bit based on patient physiology and surgeon ability.

Thanks for your insight!

Edited by RecessionProof

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep my hair longer - but I have buzzed to a 3 in the past and it was fine. I think I could even get away with a 2. But then I went to Rahal... who is the best in the world :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on the barber.  I use to go to a supercuts and had to stay around a 4.  But since I switched up my game and went to a stylist in the city I can get down to a 2.5 3...a good barber is key if you are going for a shorter hair cut 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JohnRoss said:

I keep my hair longer - but I have buzzed to a 3 in the past and it was fine. I think I could even get away with a 2. But then I went to Rahal... who is the best in the world :D 

u keep saying this but I'm at 5.5 months with him and not feeling it yet :/ very hard and deflating considering the amount of money and overall patience this requires

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JohnRoss said:

I keep my hair longer - but I have buzzed to a 3 in the past and it was fine. I think I could even get away with a 2. But then I went to Rahal... who is the best in the world :D 

how is yours doing? any updated pics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could always get your sides buzzed to a 2 or lower and keep the back buzzed at a 3, with the right barber they'll be able to blend the difference in to where it's barely noticeable, it really depends on how your scar heals and also the thickness of the hairs on your head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a couple of scars, but I can comfortably buzz down to a three without it showing. Any more than that though and it starts to become noticeable. I've actually found it to be a non-issue over the years, and I don't feel it's going to become one in the future.


I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

 

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

 

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2019 at 8:47 PM, literalno said:

u keep saying this but I'm at 5.5 months with him and not feeling it yet :/ very hard and deflating considering the amount of money and overall patience this requires

Sorry yours is taking longer to grow. Maybe it is because you had FUE and I had strip. I know when I was first looking at FUE, a longggg time ago, it was considered to be more traumatic and less predictable growth. I don't know if it has changed since then because I never really considered FUE this time - I just wanted to go straight back and have more of the same. I think I am now at 100% growth although I am just waiting for the length of the new hairs to reach the length of the old hairs. 

Hang in there, I am sure it will end will for you... eventually! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JohnRoss said:

Sorry yours is taking longer to grow. Maybe it is because you had FUE and I had strip. I know when I was first looking at FUE, a longggg time ago, it was considered to be more traumatic and less predictable growth. I don't know if it has changed since then because I never really considered FUE this time - I just wanted to go straight back and have more of the same. I think I am now at 100% growth although I am just waiting for the length of the new hairs to reach the length of the old hairs. 

Hang in there, I am sure it will end will for you... eventually! :)

Hey john thanks for the reply. Actually i also had FUT! Im optimistic. Do u have any photos of ur current situation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2019 at 8:23 PM, literalno said:

Hey john thanks for the reply. Actually i also had FUT! Im optimistic. Do u have any photos of ur current situation?

If you had strip with Rahal then you seriously need to stop worrying. It literally just doesn't get better than that. 

I will try and post more pics soon, but it is really thickening up fast now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×