hair clogs

Hey guys,

so 11 months post op.

after i shampoo my scalp if i don't comb the hair and just dry it the hair kinda clogs together and you can see thin areas in the recipient which won't be that noticeable if you comb the hair.

planning to go to a second HT in about a month. what is the "real" view of the situation?

another thing, is it "smart" to do second HT just 12 months post the first one?

first picture- without comb

second picture- after combing.

20190122_152522.jpg

20190120_200332.jpg

Edited by wheretogo

its perfectly ok to have a second procedure 12 months post op- I had my second FUE about 12 months after my first

So your first procedure was to your hairline and frontal zone? which in your pics looks pretty good.

I assume you're contemplating a 2nd procedure for your midscalp area?

Edited by home1212

I think the hair clumping up together is more due to the texture and curl of your hair at that length. If your hair is cut short and you see good overall density and the hairs spaced well it should show that there is good coverage. Just my opinion though

• Like 1

Thanks PlzRespond,

i'm going to shave my head before i go to the second procedure so i will see what with the density over all.

my dilemma now is how to divide the grafts.

let's say 3000-3200 that needs to cover mid scalp and crown area + little bit of add density to the front.

maybe the best way is to do the crown and add density to the front because those areas you can see from behind and when people looking at you and the left grafts put in mid scalp?

maybe the middle

still have some strong hair there that could stay also?

appreciate opinions.

20190120_200103.thumb.jpg.69cd193d21d749ba171bc706a6069ff7.jpg

20190120_200921.jpg

Edited by wheretogo

• Moderators

after i shampoo my scalp if i don't comb the hair and just dry it the hair kinda clogs together and you can see thin areas in the recipient which won't be that

noticeable if you comb the hair.

Totally normal especially due to your curly hair. It looks thick once it's combed, so the simple solution is to comb your hair before going out 😊  I would leave the front alone and concentrate on covering the rest of the balding area.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

52 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

Totally normal especially due to your curly hair. It looks thick once it's combed, so the simple solution is to comb your hair before going out 😊  I would leave the front alone and concentrate on covering the rest of the balding area.

Thanks BeHappy,

i guess i will know for sure in about a month when i shave my head.

i know i should deal with the crown area from behind and sides, but i would rather add density to the front and maybe leave the actually middle of the scalp alone, i mean the really middle that you can see only from above.20190122_144720.thumb.jpg.0f216cf664ab1869c55b95e1fd8912b6.jpg

20190120_200259.jpg

• Moderators

i know i should deal with the crown area from behind and sides, but i would rather add density to the front and maybe leave the actually middle of the scalp alone, i mean the really middle that you can see only from above.

It's a good idea to leave certain areas at a lower density. It's all about strategically placing hairs where they will have the bigger impact. Even if you don't leave that area totally alone, you can still tell the Dr to go with a lower density there in order to get more where you really want them.

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I agree with the person who advised to leave your frontal area alone for now.  It's plenty good (when you aren't in a hair transplant forum taking closeup photos of it) and you still probably have a few months of thickening/final growth there left to go.

If you do this, you can address your crown loss with a couple thousand grafts.  If you want, you may be able to avoid shaving that lovely head of new hair, too.  When my crown was done I had FUT and didn't shave at all, which helped keep things a bit more out of sight, out of mind during recovery.

I was told that i don't need to shave my head, but i can't help myself, i need to see what's going on with the density in the front.

i really really really want to add density to the front, but i am nervous it will harm the transplanted hair and besides 300-400 less grafts really going to make a lot of change in the mid and crown?

Edited by wheretogo

On 1/23/2019 at 4:17 AM, wheretogo said:

Hey, home1212,

yea, first procedure was hairline and frontal zone.

pre op picture-

DSC_0416.JPG

really nice result from your 1st procedure, amazing difference, also looks natural with good density, I would not worry about the front at all unless you feel you there are areas that need a touch up, good luck in your 2nd procedure - 

Edited by home1212

5 hours ago, home1212 said:

really nice result from your 1st procedure, amazing difference, also looks natural with good density, I would not worry about the front at all unless you feel you there are areas that need a touch up, good luck in your 2nd procedure - 

Thanks mate, Dr Maras is awesome.

it was important that it will look natural and blend good.

have almost another month to the second procedure and you guys right, i would probably do mini touch up behind the hairline, really small amount and the rest to mid and crown.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey forum,

it's been time for an update about my situation.

so, at Feb 2018 i had the first hair transplant, 3558 grafts with Dr Maras and HDC clinic.

those are pictures about 11-11.5 months post op 1.

20190126_132340.jpg

20190126_132346.jpg

20190126_132349.jpg

20190115_132542.jpg

About 12.5 post op 1 I returned to Dr Maras and HDC clinic for my second hair transplant.

it wasn't the plan to do another one, but since I don't use any kind of meds i decided to go back.

op 2 -3025 grafts

DSC_6735.JPG

DSC_6732.JPG

20190228_120339.jpg

20190228_123515.jpg

• Administrators

🤯 HOLY F*%K incredible 

Dr. Maras is incredible, this is an example of how hair coarseness and thickness is king 👑 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

That 2nd hair transplant to fill in everything really did it. Looks great.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

Thank you so much for the kind words guys! :D

I really like that the result is like this without using meds or Minoxi, only MSM and Biotin. i also changed my diet, but i don't know how much it affected the result.

i actually asked them if I am going to get a reasonable result without any meds?. another concern was the hair type, haven't seen too much transplants with hair type like mine, but like Melvin said it's a huge advantage.

6 month post op 1 i used micro roller on the crown area, but it didn't do much by itself, then i decided to go back for another procedure.

last month i tried to do a haircut by myself and well, it didn't go very well so after 2 hours i just shaved my whole head:), letting it grow evenly as possible now,

still got until 18 month.

2 years apart compression: 

DSC_0416.JPG

20200403_145907.jpg

DSC_0420.JPG

20200322_192316.jpg

Edited by wheretogo