Round 2 (Crown) Recommendations

Hi All

I used this site a few years ago prior to going to Feller in NYC to have a transplant on my hairline/front 3rd in 2014. I'm now 32 and lost quite a bit further back and around the crown, to the point you can almost see where the transplant ends, so looking at second procedure. I went to Feller originally as I was going to be in NYC anyway and heard good things, and am really pleased with the result but I'm based in the UK so looking to stay in Europe this time round.

Pics are attached, does anyone have any recommendations for who would be good for this sort of thing?

IMG_6823 copy.jpg

IMG_6824 copy.jpg

Dr Bisanga perhaps or Dr Ball in Portsmouth.  Farjo wouldn't do a bad job either.

depending on donor, most grafts concentrated at the front/middle.  FUT recommended as your hair looks fine and as a higher NW you will need every graft you can get.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Hi Andy,

You could do with posting a picture of your donor area too so we know what resources you have to play with.

I think you should consider prioritizing the parts of your scalp that will give the biggest impact at first site.

Therefore you should if going for another procedure concentrate on strengthening your frontal third; your hairline and your mid scalp. Another pass in this area should make for a very noticeable appealing improvement once grown out.

Do you really want to be throwing precious grafts down the black hole that is the crown when they can make such a substantial difference elsewhere. Depending on your donor, this area can be addressed at a later date when it becomes harder to hide.

You do have the option of using hair fibres on the crown area.

I'm not sure if you are on Finasteride, if not then its also a strong possibility that your crown will recover if you decide to go down that particular medical route.

Some things for you to consider.........................

Edited by Shera