How much new growth can i expect after 5.5 months?

Oh i didn’t know FUT takes longer to see results. Why is that?

2 hours ago, Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal said:

30-50 % growth can be possible through FUE. With our DHT techniques it can give more than 50% of results. Usually people who do FUT may see 20-30% growth.

FUT does not necessarily take longer for the regrowth to manifest.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

11 hours ago, Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal said:

30-50 % growth can be possible through FUE. With our DHT techniques it can give more than 50% of results. Usually people who do FUT may see 20-30% growth.

Let me try and understand you. Your saying 30-50 % more growth after 5.5 months maybe more with your DHT techniques ?

What exactly are your DHT techniques ?

On 1/20/2019 at 8:06 PM, literalno said:

Probs seeing 10% growth atm. How many more sprouts did ppl notice after 5 months?

Hi,

The following approximate post hair transplant growth chart has been banded around this and other hair forums for a good number of years.

3 months - 10%
4 months - 25%
5 months - 40%
6 months - 60%
7 months - 70%
8 months - 75%
9 months - 80%
10 months - 90%
11 months - 95%
12 months - 98%
18 months - 100%  ( Fully grown out and matured back to natural state)

Some patients will grow out faster than others ( weeks/months??) as individual physiology does come into play, but generally the figures are fairly accurate.

In some cases its difficult to assess as the new hairs are barely visible at the earlier stages.

I would hang in there just yet and stay positive.

Edited by Shera
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal said:

Not true. It’s not true that FUT results come in slower than FUE results. 

The timeline that Shera posted is a good reference point, but like he said, there's really no set formula for how fast your hair will grow and how quickly you will see results. It really does vary person to person. While what you're describing may not be ideal, it's not necessarily indicative of anything wrong, so stay positive and optimistic. It is relatively early, but I would go ahead and stay in communication with your doctor anyway just to be certain. 

Post pictures here if you'd like... Your results may be better than you realize and some outside perspective may help ease your mind. 

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

No hard and fast rule as has been said. I've had a few ht's over the years, and they've ranged from really early growth at three months, to seeing nothing for seven to eight months then things exploding into life.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

20 minutes ago, Pete-from-Farjo said:

No hard and fast rule as has been said. I've had a few ht's over the years, and they've ranged from really early growth at three months, to seeing nothing for seven to eight months then things exploding into life.

Really??  Man i really hope you’re right because I am SWEATING! Thanks for the input

1 hour ago, Pete-from-Farjo said:

Again thanks for the response. I was also wondering if u have any 6 months post op pics of u before ur growth kicked in? Really looking for similar examples at this point

On 1/22/2019 at 3:34 AM, Markee said:

Let me try and understand you. Your saying 30-50 % more growth after 5.5 months maybe more with your DHT techniques ?

What exactly are your DHT techniques ?

DHT stands for Direct Hair Transplantation, a modified version of FUE. Here grafts are extracted and planted simultaneously. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3764754/

On 23 January 2019 at 4:26 PM, literalno said:

Again thanks for the response. I was also wondering if u have any 6 months post op pics of u before ur growth kicked in? Really looking for similar examples at this point

No easily accessible pics unfortunately. This was in 2008, I had just over 2000 grafts to my frontal area. From four to five months post op I was constantly on the phone to Mick (at Farjo) panicking that nothing was happening. He told me to be patient - it would come. After seven months I was beginning to give up on it, but around month eight it just burst into life. 

I'm not saying this will definitely happen for you - just that it CAN happen, and late growth is a common thing.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

I have seen a very wide range of growth times on this forum. Most, if not all, of my grafts had sprouted at 5 months. It happened very quickly in the 4th month. The rest of the time has been thickening and maturation. Surgery technique, physiology, minoxidil, vitamins, diet, genetics, etc could all play a part. Or not. I have no idea. But I do know that everyone is different.