5,000 FUE * Mid-June 2018 * Progress

CosmoKramer

A couple better photos post gym and shower today with most of the dandruff flakes combed out for a better look at progress, and I’ve definitely improved in my mid scalp and crown and the corners of my temples very likely due to my microneedling/minoxidil routine IMHO, as if I had my hair this short 2-3 months ago it definitely would have looked more sparse.

44CD41B3-20E7-42EF-BFB5-FBE3B4834F85.jpeg

83AAFB9C-5C34-4BD8-8A55-98A0934A7A6D.jpeg

32 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Thanks man, it’s definitely easier to “style” haha

Quick question: approximately how long after HT did your hair stop having the curl/ rigidity and start to behave like your other hairs? I'm curious as to when my hair will stop acting like a hair brush, and more like the softer existing hair.

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

1 minute ago, Lennney said:

Quick question: approximately how long after HT did your hair stop having the curl/ rigidity and start to behave like your other hairs? I'm curious as to when my hair will stop acting like a hair brush, and more like the softer existing hair.

Sure, I would say around the 7th to 9th month I noticed the new hairs looked better and less wirey...and I think it’s not fully there yet for me, so I’m hoping for normalcy here on out. Obviously applying minoxidil and other things might make the hair look more coarse.

1 minute ago, CosmoKramer said:

Sure, I would say around the 7th to 9th month I noticed the new hairs looked better and less wirey...and I think it’s not fully there yet for me, so I’m hoping for normalcy here on out. Obviously applying minoxidil and other things might make the hair look more coarse.

Now you got me thinking of the basic advice of: don't wash your hair every time you shower. I was reminded of this by a BF of a friend. He said he stopped washing his hair (sometimes twice) daily, and more weekly. He said it took a few months, but his hair quality improved. Maybe minox does too much stripping of oils. All the people I've met who had amazing hair told me they didn't wash their hair more than 3 times a week. 

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

1 hour ago, Lennney said:

Now you got me thinking of the basic advice of: don't wash your hair every time you shower. I was reminded of this by a BF of a friend. He said he stopped washing his hair (sometimes twice) daily, and more weekly. He said it took a few months, but his hair quality improved. Maybe minox does too much stripping of oils. All the people I've met who had amazing hair told me they didn't wash their hair more than 3 times a week. 

Yeah, that’s good advice, I only shampoo my hair after I’ve had the oils (coconut or emu) in my hair overnight and the rest days I’ll just wash my scalp with cold water then a few sprays of saline spray to add chemical free moisture.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jonzi said:

This latest look is great! Keep it. Dont grow it longer, transplanted hair tends to look so "coarse" when not so dense.

Yeah, agree as well keep the shorter style it looks better.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Thanks man! Your progress is mind blowing really happy for you and thanks for the tips!

Yeah, I’ve been consistent with it, I’ve been using the pen not-so-gently at 1.5-2mm once a week on same night and every 3rd night I gently microneedle at 1mm and use Minoxidil foam about half and hour to an hour after, no issues with sides and I have a good tolerance for the needles.

Do you recommend me not using minoxidil a little after the microneedling session if I’m not experiencing any side effects? ...is there a reason to wait 24-hours to apply minoxidil other than sides?

I totally agree with you, a good diet is important. Daily, I’m taking muti vitamin gummies/(2) MSM 1,000mg/(2) fast dissolve Biotin tabs 5,000mcg/(2)Vitamin D3 5,000 iu/(3-4) Nettle Root capsules 250mg/Collagen peptide powder in my iced coffees or smoothies for the extra collagen & amino acids/I try and get 1g of protein per pound of body weight a day/work out 4-5 days a week.

Oh and the Kirkland brand Minoxidil 5% foam 1x a night/Nizoral 1% once every few days, Biotin shampoo & conditioner, emu oil 2-3 nights a week an hour after minoxidil foam. 

It seems like a lot to keep up but I like a good healthy routine.

Everything I researched said no Minox right after but if you feel you're fine with I guess it's OK? I'm no doctor lol

I microneedle Mondays and Thursdays now and go hard as well. If I don't bleed a tiny bit I'm not doing it right.  Shit hurts so much..last night I wanted to quit so bad lol  The crown is THE WORST.

I tried the Kirkland non foam it dried up my scalp so bad..

look into got2b fat-tastic instant collagen infusion mousse. You can get it at any CVS. really adds volume.

• Thanks 1

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

• Moderators

Be careful with using minoxidil on open wounds. It can cause some serious heart issues. If you do this take your blood pressure every 15 minutes for two hours afterwards for a couple of times to see if you're OK using it. It can make your blood pressure drop rapidly or it can go the other way and cause your heart beat to increase.

• Thanks 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

16 hours ago, Shifty said:

Everything I researched said no Minox right after but if you feel you're fine with I guess it's OK? I'm no doctor lol

I microneedle Mondays and Thursdays now and go hard as well. If I don't bleed a tiny bit I'm not doing it right.  Shit hurts so much..last night I wanted to quit so bad lol  The crown is THE WORST.

I tried the Kirkland non foam it dried up my scalp so bad..

look into got2b fat-tastic instant collagen infusion mousse. You can get it at any CVS. really adds volume.

Thanks man!

I actually have a high tolerance for the needle pain and quite like it when I use 1mm every 3rd night it helps sooth any scalp itch I may feel haha

Is your scalp really sensitive? thin skin? I actually look forward to the main 2mm session as I want to gain more hair especially seeing such great results from yours and others’ 😉

Yeah, I hate the liquid, switched and been using foam for a couple weeks now and much less annoying and messy.

Ill check out that mousse. thanks!

3 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Be careful with using minoxidil on open wounds. It can cause some serious heart issues. If you do this take your blood pressure every 15 minutes for two hours afterwards for a couple of times to see if you're OK using it. It can make your blood pressure drop rapidly or it can go the other way and cause your heart beat to increase.

Thanks for the info!

Ive been waiting about an hour after a microneedling session before I apply the minox foam and haven’t really felt anything negative but I’ll definitely reconsider that and wait longer, I’ll also have my Apple Watch on next session to monitor my heart rate.

5 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Is your scalp really sensitive? thin skin? I actually look forward to the main 2mm session as I want to gain more hair especially seeing such great results from yours and others’ 😉

I'm guessing thin skin. I power through it but it sucks. I wonder if there is something I can put on it beforehand to numb it,,,

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

• Administrators

Looks great literally turning back the hands of time!

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Looks great literally turning back the hands of time!

Thanks Melvin!

Thats the goal for all of us right?! 😂

I also found another photo from 2016 recently of my head from a top down view ...and it took me a second to realize that’s what i looked like only a few years ago when I began my HT research and made me feel real happy I went through with it.

• 4 weeks later...

14th month post FUE procedure w/Dr Erdogan & ASMED 

How fast time has gone by its crazy but I’m even more happy with my progress/results at this point...for full transparency I’ve added microneedling & Minoxidil & Nizoral a little after my 11th month post HT and I can’t say for certainty whether my improvement is due to natural maturing of the transplanted hairs or new growth or due to the microneedling & Minoxidil & Nizoral routine but I believe it’s the latter as my crown has filled in nicely in areas where there were no transplanted hairs.

1st 3 photos are from today post gym workout and ball cap hair and hair is about 2-inches in length on top, have not got it cut since last haircut/fade early last month. Last photo is from May 6th (almost 11th month and prior to my new routine)

3D3583AB-EDB0-4C94-B710-A5AC9B3B5305.jpeg

9D6136F1-7E93-46BE-B8A8-B5F996BC32C1.jpeg

B135DFED-9CC3-49A4-97FF-4190F181C006.jpeg

06E3E0FB-4F43-475B-B780-F2A22761935A.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

14th month post FUE procedure w/Dr Erdogan & ASMED 

How fast time has gone by its crazy but I’m even more happy with my progress/results at this point...for full transparency I’ve added microneedling & Minoxidil & Nizoral a little after my 11th month post HT and I can’t say for certainty whether my improvement is due to natural maturing of the transplanted hairs or new growth or due to the microneedling & Minoxidil & Nizoral routine but I believe it’s the latter as my crown has filled in nicely in areas where there were no transplanted hairs.

1st 3 photos are from today post gym workout and ball cap hair and hair is about 2-inches in length on top, have not got it cut since last haircut/fade early last month. Last photo is from May 6th (almost 11th month and prior to my new routine)

3D3583AB-EDB0-4C94-B710-A5AC9B3B5305.jpeg

9D6136F1-7E93-46BE-B8A8-B5F996BC32C1.jpeg

B135DFED-9CC3-49A4-97FF-4190F181C006.jpeg

06E3E0FB-4F43-475B-B780-F2A22761935A.jpeg

Looking fantastic now mate 

• Thanks 1