5,000 FUE * Mid-June 2018 * Progress

CosmoKramer

• Moderators

Really looking good.

• Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

19 hours ago, MrZennie said:

I just skimmed through this thread, great results!  I'm impressed you faced/conquered so many fears and got this procedure done.  Congrats! 

Thanks for the nice words! 

Yeah, it was quite the hurdles to overcome but well worth it.

• Administrators

I’m amazed 👏🏼 A lot of guys gonna start micro needling cause of you myself included 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I just purchased this dermastamp and I find this much better than the roller type.  The roller type tends to snag on the hairs and can be a bit uncomfortable.  I haven't used my derma roller very  much for this reason.

The stamp is much easier to use and no snag noted.  The electrical derma stamp might be a something I might consider but for now this seems to do the trick.  

How often do you microneedle?  Seems like you have been getting some growth in the crown.  If it gets better no need for another HT right?  Have you ever tried topical finasteride?  I'm considering it but not sure if it will become more systemic if I use it along with microneedling. 

Edited by Qneedhair

12 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I’m amazed 👏🏼 A lot of guys gonna start micro needling cause of you myself included 

Haha well I gotta say, I don’t think microneedling will replace a quality HT but I do think, now, from the results I’m getting from it, in conjunction with an HT (after at least 6-months post op) and Minoxidil, that it could definitely help add some density as I’ve actually seen up close using my usb microscope of new fine hairs growing out of the strong thick transplanted hairs, essentially making a 1 hair graft into 2 or 2-hair into 3 etc. I believe the microneedling in recipient areas is likely triggering more hair stem cell formation and is piggybacking of the HT hair blood supply to more rapidly create actual growing hairs.

1 hour ago, Qneedhair said:

I just purchased this dermastamp and I find this much better than the roller type.  The roller type tends to snag on the hairs and can be a bit uncomfortable.  I haven't used my derma roller very  much for this reason.

The stamp is much easier to use and no snag noted.  The electrical derma stamp might be a something I might consider but for now this seems to do the trick.  

How often do you microneedle?  Seems like you have been getting some growth in the crown.  If it gets better no need for another HT right?  Have you ever tried topical finasteride?  I'm considering it but not sure if it will become more systemic if I use it along with microneedling. 

I’ve seen this type stamp, i haven’t used one as I use an electric motorized pen that I stamp with but I agree it’s much better than a roller.

Yes, I’ve been getting great results in my midscalp and crown and it’s almost my 3rd month, as friends and family members have been giving me compliments recently and surprised at how much better it looks. I’ve even grown back some hair on my receding temple peaks.

No, never tried topical Finasteride as i couldn’t find a decent reasonably priced legit source. I think anything topical can go systemic if you microneedle deep enough where you draw blood but I haven’t had any negative side effects. I tried and used Minoxidil on and off for over 10 years and it didn’t do much, now, I’m conjunction with microneedling I believe it’s working.

You can find my routine in my latest post in my microneedling progress thread:

• 1 month later...

So, last month (September) was my 15th month post-op my Dr Erdogan/ASMED ht procedure, I few weeks prior I was contacted by my coordinator to send some updated photos, I declined...because...I had planned a trip back to Istanbul in early September for some Dental work and said I’d be happy to have the clinics photography dept take the photos themselves, she was glad to hear that.

I visited the new clinic and it’s truly impressive, I was greeted by my coordinator and with her met with Miss Dilek and Dr Erdogan and some staff as they wanted to have a look at my progress in person. Everyone was very nice and it was great to see and have a chat with them. 

So these some of the photos they took of my progress/results:

066EF609-FFA4-4BF7-BDA6-6876B9F9128A.jpeg

• Like 1

The only thing I’m annoyed by is my really greying/white hair around the back and sides but it is what it is, I plan to start using a derma roller all around the area to see if it helps with circulation to and see if it brings back any of my natural hair color 😂

35 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

The only thing I’m annoyed by is my really greying/white hair around the back and sides but it is what it is, I plan to start using a derma roller all around the area to see if it helps with circulation to and see if it brings back any of my natural hair color 😂

Silver fox 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

You have very even distribution across your scalp. 

Thanks, given my advanced hair loss this HT & recent microneedling has done wonders for me. 5-years ago I never thought it would have been possible.

Just to add, th recent photos update my hair is not that long, just a few inches in the frontal 1/3rd and probably less than an inch on donor...I plan to let it grow longer again to get back to the long Viking-look hair. 😂

Edited by CosmoKramer

• Moderators
On 10/5/2019 at 1:27 AM, CosmoKramer said:

The only thing I’m annoyed by is my really greying/white hair around the back and sides but it is what it is

You can easily dye your hair if the gray starts bothering you too much. Most people look younger when they dye their gray hair.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

12 hours ago, BeHappy said:

You can easily dye your hair if the gray starts bothering you too much. Most people look younger when they dye their gray hair.

Thanks, I tried but many of the hairs are pure white and it’s hard even for dye to adhere to it unless I leave it on for a while but that’s not healthy as there are soo many bad chemicals in hair dyes.

im just in my early 40’s my face looks youthful for my age so I don’t mind the grey/white hairs...I’m going to try using a derma roller to see if it helps trigger better blood flow to increase melanin and see if that helps...as many of my new hairs from microneedling came out as my original dark hair.

2 hours ago, vinzaf19 said:

Looks terrific CosmoKramer! Are you using FIN or Minoxidil too or just the HT. Curious what clinic you went to, looks good!

Thank You!

I disclosed the clinic a few pages back, it’s ASMED. I only used Finasteride about a year before my procedure to protect against shock loss and just for a month after my procedure and then I stopped taking it due to side effects.

i didn’t use any Minoxidil until recently in conjunction with microneedling.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators
11 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Coming up on almost 3-years (crazy how time flies!) and considering doing an update ... if anyone is interested... 🙂

Hey man long time no see. I’m definitely interested, how’s the crown looking?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.