5,000 FUE * Mid-June 2018 * Progress

CosmoKramer

1 hour ago, mosd said:

looking great bro.

Do you have any grafts left?

Thanks man! Much appreciated!

I believe I have 3k+ grafts left available per Dr Erdogans assessment before the procedure. He said I had 8k+ total if I recall.

Edited by CosmoKramer

21 minutes ago, xadiohead said:

Did ASMED do PRP on you?  It was supposed to be in my package but I don't remember them doing it or discussing it.  Not saying they didn't, I just don't remember.   

No, they didn’t do any PRP on me, I don’t think we discussed it but I’ve read about it prior and I’m on the side that it’s benefit for growth is not really there and not worth the price and probably just a marketing ploy by doctors and clinics whom push it to be honest. I think a good protein rich healthy diet with some good suppliments are more helpful.

• Administrators

HOLY SMOKES 😱

Damn that is a huge change. Congrats man, thanks for posting your journey will definitely be an inspiration.

before .jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

HOLY SMOKES 😱

Damn that is a huge change. Congrats man, thanks for posting your journey will definitely be an inspiration.

before .jpeg

Thanks @Melvin-Moderator, appreciate your compliment and comments! 

Yeah, it’s a big change, for the better, I’m very happy and thankful it’s all worked out well or I should say much much more than well :)

I’m glad to contribute, just as many who have contributed their ht journeys on here which helped me get all the answers I needed and to this point, including you! :)

It can be a tough physical & mental process and journey but the benefits are totally worth it in the end and I hope and wish the best for others on the same path!

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Thanks @Melvin-Moderator, appreciate your compliment and comments! 

Yeah, it’s a big change, for the better, I’m very happy and thankful it’s all worked out well or I should say much much more than well :)

I’m glad to contribute, just as many who have contributed their ht journeys on here which helped me get all the answers I needed and to this point, including you! :)

It can be a tough physical & mental process and journey but the benefits are totally worth it in the end and I hope and wish the best for others on the same path!

Is there a reason why you didn't want to put ASMED's name in the title? With everything that has been said about ASMED I think you're a prime example that their clinic is still performing top notch work.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Is there a reason why you didn't want to put ASMED's name in the title? With everything that has been said about ASMED I think you're a prime example that their clinic is still performing top notch work.

It’s because I wanted honest opinions and feedback based on my progress without any bias pro or con, I’ve read and seen all the great cases and the criticism so I just wanted my results to speak for themselves without bias or agenda. 

I do believe Dr Koray and his clinic perform top notch work as you say, are some concerns from other patients valid, I would say possibly to be honest, but there is no doubt that no other clinic or Doctor on this forum has more patient posted results compared to everyone else elite or not. Based on my experience and results with Dr Erdogan I would recommend them (and have) to family and friends that had interest.

1 hour ago, SprayPaint said:

Congrats @CosmoKramer looks really good! Incredible transformation. Are you happy?

Thanks for the compliment and comment @SprayPaint!

Yes, at this point I am very happy with my progress and results. For me just at 9.5 months now, the improved growth, density, thickening is very satisfying and if I gain any more from here on out until my 12th month or beyond it will be a nice bonus. I was a tough sometimes nerve wracking journey but im very happy to have gone through it and done the procedure.

If i am truly being honest, the crown is still see through and not as dense as my frontal third BUT that is not the fault of Dr Erdogan, ASMED, it is because only 1,500 grafts were placed all around the crown area for some decent coverage and I know that for my case it probably requires an additional 1,500 grafts and I’m ok with that because I’m glad Dr Koray concentrated the majority of my good grafts to rebuilding my hairline and frontal third and reframing my face which is much more important to me. I’m also ok with camouflaging the crown with longer hair combed back and some hair fibers for now and could get it touched up in the future if I choose to.

thanks again! 🙂

Thought I’d post a couple photos I took today of my hair after a shower slightly damp with a good amount of strong paste styling clay. It weighs the hair down and shows an honest view of my mid vertex/crown area which needs more grafts (probably another 1,500-2,000) to be less see-thru and satisfied but I do see short hairs growing still.

B627BA72-3268-4029-91A7-A881FE26A1C7.jpeg

8273890A-314D-42C9-800B-30F9BACB7B60.jpeg

• Like 1

These results are incredible and just keep getting better! Now that you've given the name of the surgeon and you got the unbiased feedback you were looking for, I'm sure the clinic would love to have you put his name in the title of the thread. (If you're able to edit it, that is.) Congratulations on such stellar results - and for documenting the journey so beautifully!

Edited by pkipling
  • Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

5 hours ago, pkipling said:

These results are incredible and just keep getting better! Now that you've given the name of the surgeon and you got the unbiased feedback you were looking for, I'm sure the clinic would love to have you put his name in the title of the thread. (If you're able to edit it, that is.) Congratulations on such stellar results - and for documenting the journey so beautifully!

Thanks so much for your kind words and comments @pkipling I really appreciate it!

I tried to edit my title but couldn’t see anyway to do so, I normally use this site on my smartphone but will see if I’m able to edit it on my desktop or if anyone can suggest how to do so I’ll gladly do it.

Again, thanks! I’m very happy with my current results at this point and if I gain any more from this point up til my 18th month then that would be awesome and I’ll gladly update my thread if I have any more noticeable gains.

And...always glad to answer questions of my progress/journey for anyone that has any. 🙂

Thought I’d add under my own thread a couple of photos I just took to show as an example to those members wondering how late can new fine hairs sprout and grow...for me even in months 8 & 9, as I have had several do so in my hairline and probably elsewhere but too difficult too see and will be reaching my 10-month soon so hopefully they continue maturing and thickening.

FF5CD03F-BC0B-462F-A03E-DEE9D6470572.jpeg

DD82351C-4611-4FF0-8614-FCEB3FEE5B74.jpeg

• Like 2

10th month post FUE procedure w/Dr Erdogan/ASMED 

For this update I decided to focus on the donor area since I hadn’t done so.

Today I got my first faded haircut (by an amateur barber friend), I had him buzz the sides and back of my donor area to a 0-grade with the clippers to see how visible the 5,000 FUE scars were....and I’m thrilled! I honestly can say that it’s very hard to visually detect them even in some bright lighting, at grade 0 no less and I had a few people unaware that I had an HT done take a look and give me their opinion and they could barely see them. I also used some good hold matte paste to slick style my hair back to show the full hairline, for that hipster/Viking look haha.

Please note that there are some scars in my donor but I believe they are from acne scarring as I would often itch them over the years, and also, in many of the spots that do look empty I  do actually have hair in them when looking closer zoomed in on the photo but the hair is White/grey so not very visible in photos.

Photos taken in natural lighting, and the last photo is purposefully in a darker light to show contrast.

F90CC747-CA0A-4682-8035-E7D52EA92408.jpeg

6DF7A494-5B37-42E6-AC9E-F8FE0AB3C19B.jpeg

0B374130-69F0-4654-BA07-5C76E826ACBA.png

BC68233A-C423-4D28-95C0-D748C37A9D67.jpeg

FB65914D-9CDE-4DA2-922C-FFAC629D851F.jpeg

6CB72CAE-F4FF-4224-B992-E6AABECB8EC4.jpeg

I have to say, donor management by Dr Erdogan/ASMED is top notch! I’m very happy.

Oh, and just want to add, the haircut faded in the back is not crooked it’s due to the longer hair on crown brushed back and down.

Edited by CosmoKramer

2 minutes ago, Aftermath said:

This is quite a change. Really really nice result! Looking very dense and such a massive improvement from the pre ops! Congrats

Thanks for the kind words! Much appreciated!

its nicely dense at my frontal third as 3,500 grafts were placed there, I’m realistic and understand that i may need another round to fill in other areas but for 10 months I’m very happy both with growth and donor area.