5,000 FUE * Mid-June 2018 * Progress

CosmoKramer

On 1/22/2019 at 8:52 AM, Kiwi Guy said:

When that time is up can you please advise us of who the clinic is? Those of us who are starting out on our HT journey really need to know who are the good surgeons producing quality results like yours.

I will, probably before I reach my 12 months post procedure.

Thanks for the comment!

Just wanted to post a photo of my donor area from my 7th month post procedure mark for those that might be interested.

Please note the lighting isn’t the best and the photo was done in portrait mode as well as the fact that I have salt and pepper hair and grey/white hairs don’t show up well.

85B6637F-A368-4DD9-91F5-7D0631DF9C4D.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Almost 8-months post FUE procedure 

Thought i’d take and post a photo of my hair straight after a shower, slicked back, in harsh lighting. It’s getting longer and I’ve buzzed my sides because they grow faster until I get to the barber since the hair mid scalp is a bit see thru still so hoping for more density, thickening and improvement in the next few months.

CF986796-36CF-4353-B897-66A672ABD6F8.jpeg

@CosmoKramer Congratulations on your results. Looking at your pre HT photos you really have come a long way. How were the 5000 grafts distributed over your scalp? Were grafts planted in your crown, if so  how many?

I think that not naming the Doctor/clinic has created the opposite affect to what you intended. Instead of concentrating on your results, everybody seems to be asking regarding the Doc/clinic.

Keep us updated as things mature.

• Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

21 minutes ago, Raphael84 said:

@CosmoKramer Congratulations on your results. Looking at your pre HT photos you really have come a long way. How were the 5000 grafts distributed over your scalp? Were grafts planted in your crown, if so  how many?

I think that not naming the Doctor/clinic has created the opposite affect to what you intended. Instead of concentrating on your results, everybody seems to be asking regarding the Doc/clinic.

Keep us updated as things mature.

Thanks! @Raphael84

Yeah, it’s been a long process but so far happy with my progress although hoping for more. I think 1,500 grafts were placed in the crown if I recall, the rest in the frontal and mid area. 

Haha, seems so :)

thanks, will do.

2 hours ago, Sociallyakward said:

See, I made a thread on this.  I have no idea why people are afraid to disclose their surgeon...

Anywhos, growth looks good.

Thanks for the compliment.

Its not that I’m afraid to disclose my doctor, I just want my photo updates and progress/results to speak for themselves first and foremost,  as I feel that’s what everyone should judge moreso that any particular ‘technique’ or ‘method’ or ‘tools’ or ‘surgeon’,

I do plan to update and mention my doc as I get close to my 1-year mark or as close to the point where I feel I’m completely happy/satisfied beforehand as I’m not even at the 8.5 months yet, as I’m still seeing slight improvements here and there.

17 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Thanks for the compliment.

Its not that I’m afraid to disclose my doctor, I just want my photo updates and progress/results to speak for themselves first and foremost,  as I feel that’s what everyone should judge moreso that any particular ‘technique’ or ‘method’ or ‘tools’ or ‘surgeon’,

I do plan to update and mention my doc as I get close to my 1-year mark or as close to the point where I feel I’m completely happy/satisfied beforehand as I’m not even at the 8.5 months yet, as I’m still seeing slight improvements here and there.

Did you have an Ht?...do you have a progress post link?

I'm sorry, I just dont understand your logic.  I don't know how disclosing the surgeon would take away from your result in any way. Clearly, people are curious and your information could help them make a decision.  But to each their own, i just dont understand it.

Yes I have had a HT, I plan to post the results soon.

6 hours ago, Sociallyakward said:

I'm sorry, I just dont understand your logic.  I don't know how disclosing the surgeon would take away from your result in any way. Clearly, people are curious and your information could help them make a decision.  But to each their own, i just dont understand it.

Yes I have had a HT, I plan to post the results soon.

Great, I’m looking forward to seeing your post of your Ht results.

39 minutes ago, redlord said:

Congrats Cosmo, great results. I wanted to ask if you are taking any supplements or medication?

Thanks man!

Yours as well! Checked out your thread and I gotta say amazing results for your 6months already.

Yes, I do take supplements, I try and take daily: Biotin/MSM/Multi-Vitamin/Clean grass-fed whey protein (post workout)/recently started taking Nettle Root extract capsules for its anti-DHT properties/and I try to eat healthy. I used to take Finasteride but got annoying sides.

Oh and just like to add no minoxidil or Nizoral at all.

How about you? Take any supplements and medication?

1 minute ago, CosmoKramer said:

Thanks man!

Yours as well! Checked out your thread and I gotta say amazing results for your 6months already.

Yes, I do take supplements, I try and take daily: Biotin/MSM/Multi-Vitamin/Clean grass-fed whey protein (post workout)/recently started taking Nettle Root extract capsules for its anti-DHT properties/and I try to eat healthy. I used to take Finasteride but got annoying sides.

Oh and just like to add no minoxidil or Nizoral at all.

How about you? Take any supplements and medication?

I take biotin and fin. I want to stop fin and look for other healthy options to control DHT. I was watching those youtube videos where they tell that there are certain foods that can help controlling DHT. I wonder if anyone here on this forum tried that. Looks like your supplements are working well of you. I might try taking Nettle root extracts too. Do you buy them online?

10 minutes ago, redlord said:

I take biotin and fin. I want to stop fin and look for other healthy options to control DHT. I was watching those youtube videos where they tell that there are certain foods that can help controlling DHT. I wonder if anyone here on this forum tried that. Looks like your supplements are working well of you. I might try taking Nettle root extracts too. Do you buy them online?

Yeah, the biotin & MSM just really helps speed up hair growth but don’t think it helps against genetic hair loss.

Hmm I haven’t seen those on food to control DHT but sounds interesting.

Thanks, yeah they seem to be helping.

Yes, I purchase NOW brand Nettle Root Extact (not nettle leaf) on Amazon pretty inexpensive and in my opinion i think it better and possibly more effective than Saw Palmetto.

Here is a link to an article on how Nettle Root helps with DHT if you’d like to check out:

https://www.livestrong.com/article/271267-how-nettle-root-works-for-hair-loss/

Great educational video. Thanks @CosmoKramer 

We all want a quick fix and want to be in that percentage of slow growers, but Dr Feller wisely says, it is the end result that matters. I hope a few of the other guys who's posts I have read recently get the opportunity to see this. It may put their mind at ease a little and allow them to relax somewhat!

• Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.