Nebulosity

How to undo a hair transplant ASAP

On 6/26/2019 at 12:37 AM, bonkling said:

You'll come to realise that @JayLDD is extremely sensitive, and ultimately defensive when it comes to even the most innocuous of statements.

His lack of control is a testament to his short-comings, not yours, so I wouldn't take it to heart. He's simply an angry little man that types big paragraphs on the internet, nothing more :)

If every time you or someone else is called out with specific evidence and detail for making a stupid comment but you ignore the substance entirely and simply make a personal attack, maybe the problem is on your end. 

5 minutes ago, JayLDD said:

If every time you or someone else is called out with specific evidence and detail for making a stupid comment but you ignore the substance entirely and simply make a personal attack, maybe the problem is on your end. 

Say's the guy who makes personal attacks.. 

Posted (edited)

After reading this entire thread, all I know is I wouldn't want the OP sitting next to me on a plane if it ran into severe turbulence. I nominate his girlfriend for Sainthood if she's still with him. :) The amount of anxiety I see being expressed here is not healthy. I see the moderators as trying to be the voices of reason. Not defending the surgeon. And I don't always agree with them on that issue. If I were them, I would lock this thread. I don't think it's helping the OP. 

To the OP, purely from a psychological standpoint, it appears you have issues with impulse control, OCD, and you admitted to some level of body dysmorphia. From your hair characteristics, you are a great candidate for hair restoration. From a psychological standpoint, not so much. Know thyself. Take some responsibility. There is no excuse for not doing thorough research before undergoing any kind of cosmetic surgery in this day and age. You're not in your twenties. You're 40. Old enough to know better.

You said you were impulsive about getting a HT, and then 6 days after getting it, you're talking about removing the grafts? And 15 days later you're shaving the recipient area? Anxiety, doubt and wondering if you made a terrible mistake are all normal feelings following hair restoration surgery, even with a top doctor. But this is extreme, and no amount of reassuring from strangers on a forum is going to help you. Every reassurance or confirmation you receive only triggers more questions and concerns. It's like playing Whack-A-Mole with your worries. You need professional help for that level of anxiety. I mean that in the kindest way. 

I'm not going to really comment on the work itself since I feel like you've received a pretty thorough analysis already. Except to say, it's certainly not the worst I've seen on here, not even close. And I wasn't aghast at your pictures. With your hair characteristics, you should be able to rectify this and achieve a result that you will be very happy with. But I would get some therapy first and do a lot of research before you go down this road again. It doesn't appear you are mentally fit for it right now. Good luck. 

Edited by Since21
  • Thanks 1

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Posted (edited)

He doesn't need therapy.  He screwed up and he knows it.  He's venting.  Just 'cause you did it right w/your surgeon doesn't make you superior.

It's easy for members with good results to give perfect advice.  I feel bad for him 'cause his doctor dropped the ball.  And everybody here knows it. 

He'll figure it out but let him work it out in this thread.  He was man enough to create this thread and rightfully so he is venting.  It's a process. 

Plus, threads like this are interesting for all and there is much to learn for newer members - it gives perspective from each end of the spectrum.

Thanks for posting though - your perspective is also appreciated.

Edited by jjsrader
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, jjsrader said:

He doesn't need therapy.  He screwed up and he knows it.  He's venting.  Just 'cause you did it right w/your surgeon doesn't make you superior.

It's easy for members with good results to give perfect advice.  I feel bad for him 'cause his doctor dropped the ball.  And everybody here knows it. 

He'll figure it out but let him work it out in this thread.  He was man enough to create this thread and rightfully so he is venting.  It's a process. 

Plus, threads like this are interesting for all and there is much to learn for newer members - it gives perspective from each end of the spectrum.

I'm not giving him advice as someone who chose well and feels superior, I'm giving him advice as someone who has benefitted from therapy for anxiety, among other things. I was being empathetic to what I perceived as a level of anxiety way above the norm. 

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, jjsrader said:

completely agree it's venting, and I think he was mostly looking for help and support. everyone who visits here has that initial impulse to do something about hairloss, whether its for some kind of visual improvement, a confidence boost, reclaiming your youth, or just because it's necessary for work. So we can't blame him for that.

Some are more cautious than others when getting a HT; some want to understand the full risks and do masses of amounts of research, while others just go for it blindly believing what the industry tells them. There are some guys (one here i saw with amazing results in the philippines) who didn't do any research, acted completely out of impulse and achieved phenomenal results. Conversely even when doing your due diligence and becoming an expert in this field that doesnt necessarily guarantee you success. It really can go either way; you can sometimes get good results from a mediocre doctor, and bad results from a good doctor.

He went to a doc recommended on this site, noticed immediately there were massive problems and then sought help. I'm grateful for threads like these because they show the potential risks of the industry and reveal that bad results are possible. It's much easier when you are initially choosing a doc because in some sense you have every available option open to you, but when you're a repair patient the information is harder to find and your options become vastly limited. He came here for support and I find that utterly brave.

I believe he got banned though after he told another patient that they would need to get another HT in the future in order to achieve proper density

Edited by Phil36fromaus

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Phil36fromaus said:

He went to a doc recommended on this site, noticed immediately there were massive problems and then sought help.

There weren't 'massive' problems. I've seen much worse. And he will be able to rectify it if he does his research and chooses well the next time. It's no wonder he was on a ledge. Smh

Edited by Since21

9 minutes ago, Since21 said:

There weren't 'massive' problems. I've seen much worse. And he will be able to rectify it if he does his research and chooses well the next time. It's no wonder he was on a ledge. Smh

i hope he rectifies it too

There are always risks associated with any cosmetic surgery...you can be well informed....choose a good surgeon, and still have a substandard result.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians:  Dr. Robert True & Dr. Robert Dorin, New York, NY