How to undo a hair transplant ASAP

42 minutes ago, Aftermath said:

Spoke to dr hasson about 3 weeks ago and he told me that it’s a pretty even split now, 50% FUE 50% FUT.

also have a look at this thread, frontal grafts were extracted and this was a repair with FUE

Thank you. I appreciate the artistry, tech, and great work of H&W. They're at the top of my list. However, there is one issue I am wondering about. I have decided that after three months I'm quitting finasteride for good. I won't dare even use topical finasteride again after I quit. I've heard that H&W expect their patients to use finasteride, and in my online consultation I indicated that I'm on finasteride, which is currently true. But since I'm not showing any signs of crown hairloss, and I want to get an actually conservative hairline, I think it will be ok to not use finasteride anymore. If H&W are still willing to take my case, I'd probably choose them as I'm sure they would do the best work possible.

Others that I am considering: Feriduni, Cooley, Nadimi, Wesley
From what I've seen, all of the doctors I'm considering do good work. My impression, however, is that H&W plan their procedures more meticulously, and are determined to make every case a success and set realistic expectations. So I'll probably choose H&W.

8 minutes ago, AltonMeyer said:

I'm really curious to know the number of implanted grafts, did you get around to counting them all?

I actually want to. I'm looking for an image processing app that will count blue dots or something.

43 minutes ago, Nebulosity said:

Thank you. I appreciate the artistry, tech, and great work of H&W. They're at the top of my list. However, there is one issue I am wondering about. I have decided that after three months I'm quitting finasteride for good. I won't dare even use topical finasteride again after I quit. I've heard that H&W expect their patients to use finasteride, and in my online consultation I indicated that I'm on finasteride, which is currently true. But since I'm not showing any signs of crown hairloss, and I want to get an actually conservative hairline, I think it will be ok to not use finasteride anymore. If H&W are still willing to take my case, I'd probably choose them as I'm sure they would do the best work possible.

From what I've seen, all of the doctors I'm considering do good work. My impression, however, is that H&W plan their procedures more meticulously, and are determined to make every case a success and set realistic expectations. So I'll probably choose H&W.

You’d have to double check, but I’m pretty sure it’s not a prerequisite. As long as you’re aware that without it your hair loss may well progress then it’s your informed choice

8 hours ago, Nebulosity said:

I'll post a more detailed thread about my results with Dr Bhatti later on. For now, I think it is my responsibility to give back to this forum by giving my honest assessment of Dr Bhatti. I doubt that he'll give me a refund, so let me just say the following for now:

Dr Bhatti told me he would implant single hair grafts in the first two rows, but actually I could only find a few in the front row, and I see a few multi hair grafts in the front row of my temple points already at 3 months, which does not look natural at all. He hurriedly extracted from my donor zone, and only got around 60 single hair grafts out of a supposed total of 2369. He said he would divide some multi hair grafts to produce single hair grafts. When I asked him about that, he said they got "around two hundred." Yet it seems that I only got around 60 single hair grafts in my scalp. When I asked him questions the days after my procedure, even though I never took up much of his time before or after the procedure, he ignored most of my questions, and offered to Skype instead of addressing my questions by email. When I Skyped him, he asked me how long ago I had had my transplant, which means he probably didn't know any other details of my transplant. He absolutely refused to discuss density, and just said that he did his best given the availability of grafts. Yet he was the one who repeatedly encouraged me to lower my hairline further than I had initially asked for.

Save yourself a lot of problems, and don't go to Dr Bhatti. I regret my decision immensely. I would pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to just reverse what has been done.

I knew from your initial photos who this doctor was. Why does his work always seem so different to any other doctor? The graphs are always way further apart than normal, those gaps are just too wide. Also, I can't understand why any doctor would harvest your donor in that manner? I mean just.. why? 

2 hours ago, Nebulosity said:

Be very careful about considering a hair transplant without Fin. Yesterday in the Italian forum, I seen a Rahal patient who's hair completely thinned out and he was left with just a hairline and a heavily diffused NW7 pattern in a matter months after the surgery!. 

Edited by jonnyalex

1 hour ago, jonnyalex said:

Be very careful about considering a hair transplant without Fin. Yesterday in the Italian forum, I seen a Rahal patient who's hair completely thinned out and he was left with just a hairline and a heavily diffused NW7 pattern in a matter months after the surgery!. 

Send me the link to that thread mate, I’d like to take a look

4 hours ago, jonnyalex said:

I knew from your initial photos who this doctor was. Why does his work always seem so different to any other doctor? The graphs are always way further apart than normal, those gaps are just too wide. Also, I can't understand why any doctor would harvest your donor in that manner? I mean just.. why? 

Yes.

I asked him why he suggested such a low hairline and then made it so widely spaced out. He didn't answer all at once, and would only answer it as two separate questions in two separate instances. Firstly, apparently my hairline is "conservative" (as stated in an email). Secondly, he "did his best" using the available grafts (stated during a Skype call). But he never answered all at once why he encouraged me to get a lower hairline than I originally intended and also made it so sparse.

I’m not talking any fin. So far so good. No shock loss or further hair loss. I Guess you just have to know your own body. For me I have no active hair loss and the main concern is shock loss which I am ok to forgo to avoid the side effects. But I’m on biotin though since I’ve seen positive results with it.

Yea, the main risk of not using finasteride immediately after a hair transplant is loss of the native hairs surrounding the transplanted hairs. There's a paper on it called 'Effects of finasteride (1 mg) on hair transplant.'

I value my health more than my hair. I'd like to see that thread though.

6 minutes ago, Nebulosity said:

Yea, the main risk of not using finasteride immediately after a hair transplant is loss of the native hairs surrounding the transplanted hairs. There's a paper on it called 'Effects of finasteride (1 mg) on hair transplant.'

I value my health more than my hair. I'd like to see that thread though.

Is the loss temporary? If not I Guess it only happens if you have miniaturized hair which is going to drop anyway in the near future. The transplant just accelerates the process.

Here’s the result of my recipient after a year with the same doctor. I had to go for a 2nd fue to get it fixed.

6E0288B0-F66F-4B7A-99E0-70C5CE1C08D9.jpeg

17 minutes ago, bornwithhighforehead said:

Is the loss temporary? If not I Guess it only happens if you have miniaturized hair which is going to drop anyway in the near future. The transplant just accelerates the process.

Yea it's mainly loss of miniaturized hairs as I understand it.

16 minutes ago, bornwithhighforehead said:

Here’s the result of my recipient after a year with the same doctor. I had to go for a 2nd fue to get it fixed.

6E0288B0-F66F-4B7A-99E0-70C5CE1C08D9.jpeg

Did you get all single hair grafts along your hairline in your 2nd FUE?

1 minute ago, bornwithhighforehead said:

I did not observe any double ones so far. It's been only  3 months since my 2nd FUE so may not see the full results yet but I'm positive everything will be good.

Great. In your Bhatti hair transplant, you didn't get that many multi hair grafts in your hairline. So I'm sure that extracting them was not necessary. I think you'll get a great result too. Will you do SMP or anything so that you can wear your hair short in the back?

• Administrators

Guys,

I have reached out to Dr. Bhatti, in the meantime I want you guys to realize this patient isn't at 4 months yet. While I can understand concerns about the donor area. We cannot comment on the results because they are nowhere near complete.

Best wishes,

Melvin

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

29 minutes ago, Nebulosity said:

Great. In your Bhatti hair transplant, you didn't get that many multi hair grafts in your hairline. So I'm sure that extracting them was not necessary. I think you'll get a great result too. Will you do SMP or anything so that you can wear your hair short in the back?

There were a couple of multi grafts from Bhatti but I think the 2nd FUE managed to cover the issue. Wasn't really so particular about that anyway. I was more concerned about the poor density. I'm not getting SMP done as I am leaving my hair long. At least for now.

Edited by bornwithhighforehead

11 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Guys,

I have reached out to Dr. Bhatti, in the meantime I want you guys to realize this patient isn't at 4 months yet. While I can understand concerns about the donor area. We cannot comment on the results because they are nowhere near complete.

Best wishes,

Melvin

Hi Melvin, how about the poor density coverage which so many patients of his experienced? Grafts are placed further apart than normal cases which resulted in a low density coverage.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, bornwithhighforehead said:

Hi Melvin, how about the poor density coverage which so many patients of his experienced? Grafts are placed further apart than normal cases which resulted in a low density coverage.

I haven't seen this issue come up at all.  Most of the results I see coming from Dr. Bhatti are very good. Now that's not to say that he is a perfect surgeon, because no one is perfect. That said, let's wait for his response.

Best wishes,

Melvin

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I haven't seen this issue come up at all.  Most of the results I see coming from Dr. Bhatti are very good. Now that's not to say that he is a perfect surgeon, because no one is perfect. That said, let's wait for his response.

Best wishes,

Melvin

Gosh. I must have strike the lottery to receive both poor recipient density and poor donor extraction all at once from a well accredited doctor here.

13 minutes ago, bornwithhighforehead said:

Gosh. I must have strike the lottery to receive both poor recipient density and poor donor extraction all at once from a well accredited doctor here.

There's also this case: 

And this case:

And this case doesn't look great, although he only showed up to around 6 months... still look like the grafts were very widely spaced:

I think we know enough to observe that there's a pattern. I think most good hair transplant doctors would look at my graft placement and agree that it is going to turn out too thin. I might be able to sort of conceal it, grow it long and bushy and cover it up for a while. But it's too widely spaced, without a doubt. Melvin, I think you can see it too. I realize you want to be fair, but being fair doesn't mean that forum users need to pretend we don't see something.

Edited by Nebulosity

1 hour ago, Nebulosity said:

There's also this case: 

And this case:

And this case doesn't look great, although he only showed up to around 6 months... still look like the grafts were very widely spaced:

I think we know enough to observe that there's a pattern. I think most good hair transplant doctors would look at my graft placement and agree that it is going to turn out too thin. I might be able to sort of conceal it, grow it long and bushy and cover it up for a while. But it's too widely spaced, without a doubt. Melvin, I think you can see it too. I realize you want to be fair, but being fair doesn't mean that forum users need to pretend we don't see something.

another case with poor density. Guy went back for a revision. If done properly the first time, it will save all the disappointments and time.