How to undo a hair transplant ASAP

On 6/26/2019 at 12:37 AM, bonkling said:

You'll come to realise that @JayLDD is extremely sensitive, and ultimately defensive when it comes to even the most innocuous of statements.

His lack of control is a testament to his short-comings, not yours, so I wouldn't take it to heart. He's simply an angry little man that types big paragraphs on the internet, nothing more :)

If every time you or someone else is called out with specific evidence and detail for making a stupid comment but you ignore the substance entirely and simply make a personal attack, maybe the problem is on your end. 

5 minutes ago, JayLDD said:

If every time you or someone else is called out with specific evidence and detail for making a stupid comment but you ignore the substance entirely and simply make a personal attack, maybe the problem is on your end. 

Say's the guy who makes personal attacks.. 

After reading this entire thread, all I know is I wouldn't want the OP sitting next to me on a plane if it ran into severe turbulence. I nominate his girlfriend for Sainthood if she's still with him. :) The amount of anxiety I see being expressed here is not healthy. I see the moderators as trying to be the voices of reason. Not defending the surgeon. And I don't always agree with them on that issue. If I were them, I would lock this thread. I don't think it's helping the OP. 

To the OP, purely from a psychological standpoint, it appears you have issues with impulse control, OCD, and you admitted to some level of body dysmorphia. From your hair characteristics, you are a great candidate for hair restoration. From a psychological standpoint, not so much. Know thyself. Take some responsibility. There is no excuse for not doing thorough research before undergoing any kind of cosmetic surgery in this day and age. You're not in your twenties. You're 40. Old enough to know better.

You said you were impulsive about getting a HT, and then 6 days after getting it, you're talking about removing the grafts? And 15 days later you're shaving the recipient area? Anxiety, doubt and wondering if you made a terrible mistake are all normal feelings following hair restoration surgery, even with a top doctor. But this is extreme, and no amount of reassuring from strangers on a forum is going to help you. Every reassurance or confirmation you receive only triggers more questions and concerns. It's like playing Whack-A-Mole with your worries. You need professional help for that level of anxiety. I mean that in the kindest way. 

I'm not going to really comment on the work itself since I feel like you've received a pretty thorough analysis already. Except to say, it's certainly not the worst I've seen on here, not even close. And I wasn't aghast at your pictures. With your hair characteristics, you should be able to rectify this and achieve a result that you will be very happy with. But I would get some therapy first and do a lot of research before you go down this road again. It doesn't appear you are mentally fit for it right now. Good luck. 

Edited by Since21
  • Thanks 1

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

He doesn't need therapy.  He screwed up and he knows it.  He's venting.  Just 'cause you did it right w/your surgeon doesn't make you superior.

It's easy for members with good results to give perfect advice.  I feel bad for him 'cause his doctor dropped the ball.  And everybody here knows it. 

He'll figure it out but let him work it out in this thread.  He was man enough to create this thread and rightfully so he is venting.  It's a process. 

Plus, threads like this are interesting for all and there is much to learn for newer members - it gives perspective from each end of the spectrum.

Thanks for posting though - your perspective is also appreciated.

Edited by jjsrader
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, jjsrader said:

He doesn't need therapy.  He screwed up and he knows it.  He's venting.  Just 'cause you did it right w/your surgeon doesn't make you superior.

It's easy for members with good results to give perfect advice.  I feel bad for him 'cause his doctor dropped the ball.  And everybody here knows it. 

He'll figure it out but let him work it out in this thread.  He was man enough to create this thread and rightfully so he is venting.  It's a process. 

Plus, threads like this are interesting for all and there is much to learn for newer members - it gives perspective from each end of the spectrum.

Thanks for posting though - your perspective is also appreciated.

I'm not giving him advice as someone who chose well and feels superior, I'm giving him advice as someone who has benefitted from therapy for anxiety, among other things. I was being empathetic to what I perceived as a level of anxiety way above the norm. 

6 minutes ago, Phil36fromaus said:

He went to a doc recommended on this site, noticed immediately there were massive problems and then sought help.

There weren't 'massive' problems. I've seen much worse. And he will be able to rectify it if he does his research and chooses well the next time. It's no wonder he was on a ledge. Smh

Edited by Since21

There are always risks associated with any cosmetic surgery...you can be well informed....choose a good surgeon, and still have a substandard result.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 10 months later...

Hopefully things have improved.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, transplantedphil said:

There won't be one. Nebulosity was kicked off the forum by the previous forum Moderator. I hope he managed to find a way out of his mess.

This thread is an absolute mess. I hope both these guys found a way out. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, tressful11 said:

Holy shit! It's alarming that Dr. Bhatti was being recommended here despite so many disastrously bad results over the years. He only got removed recently. Really shocked! 

There’s no need to swear. You can make your point without speaking in this manner, please refrain, as others may be offended.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 hours ago, tressful11 said:

Holy shit! It's alarming that Dr. Bhatti was being recommended here despite so many disastrously bad results over the years. He only got removed recently. Really shocked! 

Yeah, I was shocked to look at that thread too, its not just the poster of this topic who got banned (who seems to be a victim of bad donor extraction), but some others also for simply pointing out the obvious mistakes made by the surgeon.

From normalizing failure, trying to shift focus on other poster boy patients and asserting that other users were spies from another clinic out to destroy Dr. Bhatti , both these lads @Bill - Seemiller and @Melvin-Moderator have done all that can be done to save Dr. Bhatti in that thread. Not to mention the massive dump that @Shera always takes on such patients all across this forum. 

In the end Dr.Bhatti got 5 star defense from these guys and a couple of patients got thrown under the bus. 

At this point maybe they could all sit down and write a book about how to defend a bad HT surgeon.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Yeah, I was shocked to look at that thread too, its not just the poster of this topic who got banned (who seems to be a victim of bad donor extraction), but some others also for simply pointing out the obvious mistakes made by the surgeon.

From normalizing failure, trying to shift focus on other poster boy patients and asserting that other users were spies from another clinic out to destroy Dr. Bhatti , both these lads @Bill - Seemiller and @Melvin-Moderator have done all that can be done to save Dr. Bhatti in that thread. Not to mention the massive dump that @Shera always takes on such patients all across this forum. 

In the end Dr.Bhatti got 5 star defense from these guys and a couple of patients got thrown under the bus. 

At this point maybe they could all sit down and write a book about how to defend a bad HT surgeon.

Dr. Bhatti is no longer a recommended surgeon, so coming back and trying to imply that I tried to save a surgeon is not only false, but it’s insulting. 

At this point, it’s time to move on, we’ve removed Dr. Bhatti, and there’s nothing further to say, you’re beating a dead horse.

I will not tolerate you trying to denigrate our forum and question our integrity, we are one of the few, if not the only forum/organization that actually remove surgeons, and operate openly and transparently. 

Refer to this thread. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
Just now, giegnosiganoe said:

@Melvin-Moderator could you explain why the patients were banned? I'd like to better understand how come it led to that.

I didn’t ban anyone, Bill the former manager banned OP because, another member reported harassment. Aside from that, no ones been banned.

Frankly, I’m getting real tired of our forum constantly being disparaged by members with a couple posts, while I personally have been an advocate, and I have personally sought to take the appropriate actions, to ensure that our reputation and our recommendations stand for community opinion. 

• Like 1

View my thread

49 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Dr. Bhatti is no longer a recommended surgeon, so coming back and trying to imply that I tried to save a surgeon is not only false, but it’s insulting. 

At this point, it’s time to move on, we’ve removed Dr. Bhatti, and there’s nothing further to say, you’re beating a dead horse.

I will not tolerate you trying to denigrate our forum and question our integrity, we are one of the few, if not the only forum/organization that actually remove surgeons, and operate openly and transparently. 

Refer to this thread. 

I never denigrated this forum, I was only appalled by the conduct of the mods in that thread. Specifically about user bans and assertions of undercover agents. I agree with you about this forum's integrity, and that is solely due to the awesome user base we have here. It is them who keep this forum under check, fair, un-biased, and it is them who called you out on the BS you tried to sell on that specific thread - and them alone responsible for bringing us cases of bad HT that warn future patients about the decisions they make. 

You're doing a good job, thank you, and while my intentions are in no way to antagonize you, mods are bound to make mistakes too. I see no reason why criticism of a mod has to be equated to the denigration of the entire forum. 

Anyways, like you said, let's move on. 

Edited by KarmaPolice
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I'm not going to go back and read this entire thread, so I'll make some general comments.

1. With many things in life it's easy to look back and see what could have or should have been done differently. Just because it may be obvious to many people after the fact, doesn't mean it would have been obvious while it was in the process of happening.

2. Hair transplants aren't an exact science. It's not Walmart or Amazon. You can't simply buy a certain amount of hair and get exactly what you ordered delivered to your head and growing. It's surgery. It may not work on one person as well as it worked on another person. Everyone needs to remember that and base their decisions on that.

3. Over the time I've been here I've seen several formerly recommended Drs removed from recommendation for no longer doing work that is up to the forums standards. However, it wouldn't be right for this forum to remove any recommended Dr simply because someone posts a bad review or claims to have had a bad experience, especially if it's a new user. There's no easy way to know if the poster is just making it up or not. Even if they post pictures it's not guaranteed that the pictures are of themselves. The moderators almost always ask for more info that can be given privately in order to follow up with the Dr about the case.

4. I've seen the moderators ask the members opinions of whether certain Drs should be recommended here or not. This means that we as members do get to at least give our opinions on recommendation before the Dr is listed. How many forums would do that?

5. Some Drs may have been doing great work at some point and earned their recognition. Sometimes things change. Maybe they don't keep up with technology and what may have been good techniques years ago no longer are, maybe they just begin to care more about the business and less about the patients, maybe it's something else. Whatever it is, it doesn't mean they shouldn't have been recommended in the first place at the time they were. As long as the forum moderators remove them from recommendation when it's proven that they no are no longer consistently performing quality hair transplants then they are doing the right thing. As I mentioned earlier, it's always easy to look back and say the timing should have been sooner, but as long as this forum and moderators are actively working to give us the best hair transplant experience then that is all we should be asking for. Remember as members we don't pay anything for this service.

Edited by BeHappy
  • Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators

one more point I forgot to mention. When members get banned we only see what they post publicly on the forums. Sometimes there is also a lot of private messaging going on which includes harassment and threats. When this gets brought to the moderators attention the moderator may give a warning if it doesn't seem extremely bad. Sometimes after the warning the foul language and harassment in private messages continues. Sometimes member A will start posting in member B threads to purposely disrupt member B posts because they didn't like what member B posted in member A threads earlier. This you may not notice if you don't read every topic.

So just because you read some things and then someone gets banned don't just assume it's only due to what they wrote in the thread you are currently reading.

• Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators

Well said Behappy, spoken like a true veteran of the forum, you’re definitely an asset to us all. 

View my thread

Good points @BeHappy
I was just shocked how Dr. Bhatti managed to slip between the cracks for so long despite such bad results. The threads go back to 2018. I am glad that the forum protects the interests of the members though. Everyone was very supportive to me on my thread.

6 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Refer to this thread. 

Dr Bhatti was removed?  I didnt even know, when did that happen?  One thing i can see is that this forum actually has moderator that does respond and is more interactive.  There are some locked threads, but if you compare it to some other forum(s),  probably a lot more open to user complaints publicly.  

Melvin, have you considered doing a call in chat session weekly/biweekly?  Like a podcast.  

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Sean said:

Dr Bhatti was removed?  I didnt even know, when did that happen?  One thing i can see is that this forum actually has moderator that does respond and is more interactive.  There are some locked threads, but if you compare it to some other forum(s),  probably a lot more open to user complaints publicly.  

Melvin, have you considered doing a call in chat session weekly/biweekly?  Like a podcast.  

A few days ago, I posted a notice on recent thread. I never lock threads because of user complaints against the forum. I only lock threads when either A.) the member decides to take legal action, which case I’m doing them a service, as anything they say can be considered slander can and will be used against them in court , or B.) the thread becomes toxic and I start getting a lot of reported posts of abuse. 

Behappy, hit the nail on the head when he mentioned you guys don’t see what posts get reported for abuse. As a moderator, I can’t keep a thread like that open, because it becomes toxic. A forum is like a garden, at times you have to pull a weed, to protect the garden and ensure it flourishes. 

I have thought about starting a podcast, there would have to be a real demand though, as I have a pretty busy schedule, so I wouldn’t want to invest time and effort if two people are gonna tune in. 

View my thread