Nebulosity

How to undo a hair transplant ASAP

12 hours ago, txtransplant said:

Doesnt H&W mostly do FUT? AKA strip?  If that's the case...huge mistake for you.

Yes good point. I think they focus on strip, bur also do FUE very well. I’ll be checking how many repair cases like mine that they’ve done. I am giving them a chance, and will consider them along with some other surgeons who are better known for FUE repair work and with background in dermatology, facial plastic surgery, or scar minimization (Cooley, Wesley, Nadimi). I’m planning in person consultations and will ask for photos of patients who got similar work done as what I intend. The reason I’ll consider H&W is that they seem to know how to design a hairline and get good survival rates even for FUE patients. What I’m not so sure about is their success in frontal extraction with scar minimization.

On 2/10/2019 at 8:17 AM, txtransplant said:

Doesnt H&W mostly do FUT? AKA strip?  If that's the case...huge mistake for you.

I would think H&W primarily does FUT, but they also do a lot of FUE.

It really depends on the patient as far as coverage needed, donor hair, economics/FUE is more labor intensive thus more expensive, and other factors.

Hasson/Wong has performed two FUT's on me and Dr. Wong stated if I have another transplant it needs to be a FUE procedure.

I will probably have one more surgery with Hasson/Wong and it will be my first FUE. I really don't look forward to the long face-down time in the chair for a FUE surgery and the additional expense of FUE.....but at my age and my surgery history I have no choice but FUE.

Edited by Shampoo

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

11 hours ago, Shampoo said:

I would think H&W primarily does FUT, but they also do a lot of FUE.

It really depends on the patient as far as coverage needed, donor hair, economics/FUE is more labor intensive thus more expensive, and other factors.

Hasson/Wong has performed two FUT's on me and Dr. Wong stated if I have another transplant it needs to be a FUE procedure.

I will probably have one more surgery with Hasson/Wong and it will be my first FUE. I really don't look forward to the long face-down time in the chair for a FUE surgery and the additional expense of FUE.....but at my age and my surgery history I have no choice but FUE.

I think clinics use different positions during extractions for FUE. For example, I've seen asmed have their patients sit upright in a chair. Other docs have you lay face down and shift on your sides for extractions. But yeah, I'd imagine either way its still more tiring being in one position for several hours vs having the strip taken out in an hour or less.

On 2/11/2019 at 10:36 PM, jj51702 said:

I think clinics use different positions during extractions for FUE. For example, I've seen asmed have their patients sit upright in a chair. Other docs have you lay face down and shift on your sides for extractions. But yeah, I'd imagine either way its still more tiring being in one position for several hours vs having the strip taken out in an hour or less.

I would be thrilled if I could sit up in the chair for FUE extraction which takes hours and hours. Hopefully more and more clinics will begin to offer this as an option.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Donor area, 3 and 37 days post transplant. This does not look good. With 2369 grafts, it looks like many had to have been taken very close together. The areas where I have signs of shockloss looked bad already just 3 days after the transplant. I did trim it down once, so that’s not 37 days worth of growth in the pic with longer hair. More like 2-3 weeks.

E926162F-D901-4C78-9F97-65170CD0E98B.jpeg

77D1989E-6FD7-45BE-9CFE-428276125190.jpeg

0E185F47-FEA4-4BEA-A875-6AABEF394F27.jpeg

50B5D2CF-97B0-4634-9260-B1A7F11FBE59.png