Recommended Doctors on this Site

Hello,

Out of interest, I went through this website's list of recommended doctors just now and I saw doctors on the lists that I have never even heard of before. Given that I spent the best part of 2-3 years on this website (as well as others) looking at results, this means that they are not posting their results regularly on this website. I thought to continue with the recommendation, aside from paying the monthly fee to Bill, doctors/clinics have to post regular (weekly or monthly, can't remember which) results from their clinics? How is the site enforcing quality assurance for its members?

The other thing I noticed is that you have put Greece as the country for Maras - it is Cyprus. A completely different and separate country.

To my knowledge, the patient also has to consent to any pics being posted in a public forum.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

19 minutes ago, gillenator said:

To my knowledge, the patient also has to consent to any pics being posted in a public forum.

So, these are all apparently top clinics and must have waiting lists of a few months meaning they have a lot of patients and in 2 years of me being on this forum, not a single patient from some of those clinics gave permission for their pics to be shared and yet others are posting 1-2 results per week? Really? Come on now! They are not posting, either through laziness or poor quality results, and Bill and his team aren't enforcing the rules and therefore continued quality assurance for the list of recommended surgeons/clinics is lacking.

1 hour ago, hairlossPA said:

I’ve had similar thoughts in my research. More specifically, how often are the profiles and results updated for each of the recommended doctors? Seems like a lot of the profiles are stale. Just an observation. 

Also this. The site pictures in general, on the homepage for example, are really old but that is just aesthetics so doesn't matter too much. Profiles should be up-to-date or what is the point in paying the money they pay? Their money, their choice I suppose.

1 hour ago, TrixGlendevon said:

Also this. The site pictures in general, on the homepage for example, are really old but that is just aesthetics so doesn't matter too much. Profiles should be up-to-date or what is the point in paying the money they pay? Their money, their choice I suppose.

I meant more to when you click on “Find a Prescreened Physician” then clicking on a doctor you want to see, then clicking on “patient results” ... seems very outdated. I’m just curious to what the process is to have those galleries updated.

Trix,

All surgeons recommended by this community post monthly examples of the results in the “results posted by leading hair restoration clinics” section of this forum.   Exactly which surgeons are you saying don’t post monthly examples of their results? 

Also, photos posted on the forum are presented on their recommendation profiles each month by one of our associates.   However, I know that he is been a bit behind and some examples have not been added yet. There are also some examples  that are a bit older and while we do remove some older examples of results that we feel are outdated, some surgeons have requested that older examples stay on their profile. 

If there are specific surgeons or photos you are referring to however, please send me a private message and let me know and I’ll be happy to look at these. Otherwise, I’m not aware of any surgeons who don’t present examples of their results nor any surgeons who don’t have photos regularly added from the forum to the profiles. 

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Bill! Thanks for the reply. Firstly, apologies then. I thought the clinics had to post in the "results from leading hair restoration clinics" section of the forum and not on their profiles. As I alluded to above with @hairlossPA, I didn't even know their profiles contained pictures of their work. Surely it would be easier and more public to have them post in that section anyway? It allows for people to see them more easily, which is the point, and saves your personnel time which can be spent elsewhere. Win-win!

• Administrators

I agree, it is beneficial for surgeons to use the forum as a resource and frankly, to promote their work. We encourage every physician to interact and participate in our community. However, as mentioned by Bill the majority of their work is on the hair transplant network site.

A lot of prospective patients actually see the main site first before ever seeing the forum, nevetheless it’s beneficial to update both. Thanks for bringing your concerns to us, don’t hesitate to send either of us a private message if you have any physician concerns. 

Best wishes

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just to clarify, I think there may have been some confusion. I am saying that surgeons recommended by this community are required to post to bear photos in the “results posted by beating hair restoration clinics“ section of this forum. In addition however, one of our associates takes the photos that surgeons post on this forum and present them on their recommendation profiles. If you visit any one of the doctor profiles, you can click on the “patient photos“ tab and see their results.   Like I said, the photos on the doctors recommendation profile may be not completely up-to-date because our associate  he’s a little behind updating the profiles from the results posted on this forum. 

But, I feel like what I said was misinterpreted for some reason although I reread it and it seems like I was pretty clear. But I am saying the same thing you are.  Results posted by surgeons are posted on this forum first. Then, they are taken by one of our associates and added to the doctors recommendation profile on www.hairtransplantnetwork.com.

So, hopefully that makes more sense. If however, someone feels that photos are missing from this forum or a particular surgeon hasn’t been posting photos here, please let me know and I will investigate it. 

Thanks and best wishes,

Bill

Well, I don't want to pick on anybody but the very first surgeon on your list (because it is Arizona) is Dr Keene who I had never heard of. I went through the first 10 pages of the results from leading clinics forum which takes us to 20th September and she does not have a single result posted.That is almost 4 months to the day. Also, if you give even a quick cursory glance at those same pages and who posts in them, most of them are the same few doctors posting multiple results (which is great for potential patients). Dr Cinik in particular is an eager beaver with almost the whole of the first page being his. Dr Arocha posts a lot, Spex has posted several times for Dr Alexander. Dr Bloxham posted once. Dr Devroye posts a lot, Loke posts for Dr Feriduni, H&W etc. Given that they are posting a lot of cases and the list of recommended surgeons is quite large, this means there are quite a few who are not posting.

*Edit - my mistake - there is 1 for Dr Keene on page 9. Going through her posting history, she only posted in July before that and March before that. I am not picking on her alone, it just so happens that she was first on the list. There are others.

Edited by TrixGlendevon

• Moderators

What's always been more curious to me than why the Drs don't post is that there are hardly any posts from patients of those Drs posting in the Results Posted by Patients section of the forum. Thats not something that you can control, but I do wonder if some of those Drs actually do much hair transplant business anymore since we just never hear from them or about them from patients. This is not a complaint, just a curiosity.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I pointed out this situation  about a year ago that a lot of Docs are not posting monthly examples of their work ,not picking  on anyone Doc 

but I pointed out to the Mods that Dr Bloxham had stopped posting on here which was quite surprising   as he used to be a very active contributor before and  immediately after being recommended on this site .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BeHappy said:

What's always been more curious to me than why the Drs don't post is that there are hardly any posts from patients of those Drs posting in the Results Posted by Patients section of the forum. Thats not something that you can control, but I do wonder if some of those Drs actually do much hair transplant business anymore since we just never hear from them or about them from patients. This is not a complaint, just a curiosity.

I am not sure that is necessarily correlated. I haven't posted my results either. I will probably stop using the forum as much now too. Some people just have their transplant and then move on with their lives. Others want to stay in the community. The former are not going to log on each month and post results for 12 months and are going to have forgotten all about the site after the 12 month mark..... until it is time for the second pass.

3 hours ago, Mick50 said:

I pointed out this situation  about a year ago that a lot of Docs are not posting monthly examples of their work ,not picking  on anyone Doc 

but I pointed out to the Mods that Dr Bloxham had stopped posting on here which was quite surprising   as he used to be a very active contributor before and  immediately after being recommended on this site .

I wasn't picking on one doctor, she just so happened to be the first on the list of recommended doctors as she is based in Arizona and it is done alphabetically and lo and behold! she doesn't post results every month. Her results aren't exactly mind blowing when she does post them either. She posted some before and after pics in September and the only comment on the thread is asking her where the after pics are hahahaha.

There seems to be poor policing of the site's own high standards which then reduces the quality of the site's recommendations. Clinics pay a montly premium to be recommended here because they feel they are buying quality and there is a lot of traffic in a very active forum and (potential) patients come here because they are getting quality advice and recommendations. There is a symbiosis. If the quality of the recommendations is reduced through poor enforcement of its own standards, it undermines the whole process and patients may stop coming to the site and doctors may stop thinking they are getting quality value for money which means patients stop coming to the site...... It is not my business model to worry about, just an observation.

I think after Feller/Lupanzula Gate, Feller and Bloxham as a clinic made the decision to stop posting here. It is a shame because their information and advice was very good and they were very helpful. I wonder if they still post on other fora or if they stopped altogether.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TrixGlendevon said:

I wasn't picking on one doctor, she just so happened to be the first on the list of recommended doctors as she is based in Arizona and it is done alphabetically and lo and behold! she doesn't post results every month. Her results aren't exactly mind blowing when she does post them either. She posted some before and after pics in September and the only comment on the thread is asking her where the after pics are hahahaha.

There seems to be poor policing of the site's own high standards which then reduces the quality of the site's recommendations. Clinics pay a montly premium to be recommended here because they feel they are buying quality and there is a lot of traffic in a very active forum and (potential) patients come here because they are getting quality advice and recommendations. There is a symbiosis. If the quality of the recommendations is reduced through poor enforcement of its own standards, it undermines the whole process and patients may stop coming to the site and doctors may stop thinking they are getting quality value for money which means patients stop coming to the site...... It is not my business model to worry about, just an observation.

I think after Feller/Lupanzula Gate, Feller and Bloxham as a clinic made the decision to stop posting here. It is a shame because their information and advice was very good and they were very helpful. I wonder if they still post on other fora or if they stopped altogether.

But if as you say the aforementioned  Docs have made a decision to stop posting any results on this site ,how can they still be recommended  ? 

7 minutes ago, Mick50 said:

But if as you say the aforementioned  Docs have made a decision to stop posting any results on this site ,how can they still be recommended  ? 

Dr Bloxham still posts results, he just doesn't contribute to advice or answering questions anymore. Some of the others don't even do that, with any great frequency. I agree I completely with you. Recommendation shouldn't be a one time grant. Standards should be consistently held high and monitored in case they fall below the limit set. Let's see what @Bill - Managing Publisher and @Melvin-Moderator say

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TrixGlendevon said:

Dr Bloxham still posts results, he just doesn't contribute to advice or answering questions anymore. Some of the others don't even do that, with any great frequency. I agree I completely with you. Recommendation shouldn't be a one time grant. Standards should be consistently held high and monitored in case they fall below the limit set. Let's see what @Bill - Managing Publisher and @Melvin-Moderator say

Fair enough I will check out his results 

11 hours ago, Mick50 said:

The fact that these surgeons are fee paying might have an influence on the mod’s decision to monitor their results & submissions. The reality is the website needs revenue to survive. 

8 minutes ago, Raker said:

The fact that these surgeons are fee paying might have an influence on the mod’s decision to monitor their results & submissions. The reality is the website needs revenue to survive. 

In the site's defence, the requirements for getting a recommendation to begin with are quite stringent. That is not the concern. The concern is then how those same requirements and standards are monitored and maintained afterwards. If there is no policing and moderation, standards can, and probably, will slip.

10 minutes ago, TrixGlendevon said:

In the site's defence, the requirements for getting a recommendation to begin with are quite stringent. That is not the concern. The concern is then how those same requirements and standards are monitored and maintained afterwards. If there is no policing and moderation, standards can, and probably, will slip.

I get that, without revenue this site doesn’t exist. 

2 minutes ago, Raker said:

I get that, without revenue this site doesn’t exist. 

Exactly. I am fine with them charging for continued recommendation status. No problem at all as it means the site stays up and it is one of the reasons I was able to make such an informed decision when I came to do my procedure. However, one also has to maintain the standards implemented by the very recipient of the revenue itself or it undermines its ability to generate revenue and its usefulness as a tool

Edited by TrixGlendevon