Deception in Laser Therapy Marketing For Hair Loss Does it actually work?

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

This topic is heavily debated, have any of you used LLLT and has it worked? I would love to hear the communities input.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Most people I have spoken to who’ve tried low level laser therapy as a hair loss treatment claim it does not work  and I did nothing to give them an increase in hair. The only ones who seem to boast about how well laser therapy works for hair loss our clinics or marketers to sell a laser product or service at their center.   Now I’m not suggesting that it doesn’t work at all, only that it likely doesn’t work the way those who sell it would have you to believe. 

What does everyone think?

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2019 at 1:47 PM, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Most people I have spoken to who’ve tried low level laser therapy as a hair loss treatment claim it does not work  and I did nothing to give them an increase in hair. The only ones who seem to boast about how well laser therapy works for hair loss our clinics or marketers to sell a laser product or service at their center.   Now I’m not suggesting that it doesn’t work at all, only that it likely doesn’t work the way those who sell it would have you to believe. 

What does everyone think?

I am trying some non surgical options for diffuse thinning and miniaturization. I've been on Fin for a few years and after a consultation recently added Nizoral, Dermarolling, and PRP. A laser cap for LLLT was also offered and that's the one option I didn't commit to because I hadn't researched it enough.

What I'm finding is: it does work, but as you said it isn't quite the way many would have you believe. The stats show that number of patients who see actual regrowth is small, although it seems to be much more effective preventing further loss. The ones who do show regrowth have results I would compare to milder Minoxidil responders. 

There are many reports of people reporting better quality of existing hair, which leads me to believe that it is most effective in a situation where a good amount of hair is still present but may be miniaturized. It was also stressed to me by the doctor that the LLLT was effective when used synergistically with these other methods rather than being amazingly effective itself.

I am still considering biting the bullet. Lasercap, the prescribed device, has a twelve month guarantee that would allow me to get most of my money back if I didn't think it was effective. At this point I need to wait and see how the other methods perform without LLLT in the mix so I will be able to accurately make that judgment call.

Not a big fan of Laser, in fact I see at as a big con aimed specifically at vulnerable hair loss patients who will try anything to get their hair back.

You only have to do a google search for "laser hair therapy" and check out the results some of the cosmetic clinics claim are down to laser therapy. Scandalous, don't be taken in folks.

Laser pics 2.jpg

Laser pics.jpg