3rd hair Transplant

Hey guys, I’m contemplating a 3rd hair transplant.  I’ve had amazing results with dr konior.  But I think over the last couple years, I’ve progressively thinned in my head and in crown that it’s bothering me.  Upon consulting, I was recommended 2000 grafts, 1000 for crown and 1000 for the front third to thicken it up.  

Sounds good to me.  But I’m worried.  After my 2nd HT, my scalp became noticeably tighter.  It was insane.  Over the last few months, (2 years later) I finally felt some laxity returning back.  This never happened from my first procedure.    I’m worried if having a 3rd FUT will make my scalp too tight.  My main question is does scalp laxity restore after an FUT?  Thanks 

F7A0BE7B-08B5-41AE-A0C1-365D867BB6C5.png

Yea I think I might.  But I wanted to fut it out before going fue.  Just wanted to know if scalp laxity is always recovered following a FUT or does it get tighter after each transplant ?

C'mon man!  Use logic.  Unless you were fat and lost alot of surgery after strips - 2 strips in and your scalp has less skin in the same area.  Simple as.  I would guess your doctor can give you an accurate guess w/another consultation.

Alot of guys can do up to 3 strips - some are done after 2 strips - and a minority have to be done at 1 strip. I've had about 8,500 grafts via strip.  My last surgery was March '17 - it streched in some places. 

I'll wait 'til near end of year and see if I can get it cut out and get as many grafts harvested out of there.  I'll have staples done this time.  I don't want the scar to stretch this time if I can help it.

It might be FUE time for me.  I'll find out when I do consults in late fall '19.

peace...

If I were you I would let it go for now.  Just stick with meds and if it really bugs you, do a little SMP.  I don't think what you are showing in these photos warrants another HT, especially if you may have donor availability issues.

The crown doesn't look bad.  Maybe just go for the 1000 in the front via FUE.

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day