One Year Post-Op Donor Area still sensitive ?

Rdasilva604

I can understand OPs concern. He had a 1500 graft procedure mostly to address the temples and the temples are somewhat sparse. Having a small second procedure, say 500 grafts, to add density to the temples seems reasonable to me. As long as it’s part of a long term plan.

On 3/23/2019 at 5:58 AM, Sportman said:

@Rdasilva604: Not sure what you looked like before the HT but you are full of hair. Not sure what your issue could possible be. The majority of people on this forum (me included) would only dream to have the amount of hair you got. 

Well it’s all about self preception is it not? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that..? Yes, my native hair is quite dense, but we’re talking about hair transplant results, not the thickness of my natural hair. I do appreciate the comment though and understand that to some, these kinds of posts could be frustrating. 

On 3/26/2019 at 3:24 PM, pkipling said:

I agree that your hair looks great. It may not be perfect, but it wasn't at all what I was expecting to see when reading about you getting a full refund for unsatisfactory results. Granted, I don't see the before photos, but for whatever it's worth, your hair seems to be in great shape. 

As to your initial question, this seems like it may be a question better suited for a dermatologist. I have a recurring itchy scalp as well, and while I can't say that it increased after my HT, I was able to find relief through occasional use of Nizoral shampoo and also a liquid/topical medicine for my scalp. Both of these have helped me tremendously in getting it under control.

Thanks for the positive response, I’ll definitely give Nizoral a try. What’s the topical liquid that you use?

Cheers

On 3/26/2019 at 7:42 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Damn I really wish my hair looked even half as good as yours does wet. I think you're chasing perfection my friend, that's a dangerous thing to do with any form of cosmetic surgery.

I agree, chasing perfection is a very OCD-like tendency, and I am guilty of that. However, I do believe that I can achieve a more dense look to match my native hair. I think the photos don’t do it justice, trust me if I shaved my head, it would be much more apparent. I might even do it soon simply due to the fact summer is around the corner. I’ll post pics if I do. 

RD, 

Is it only the donor area or the entire scalp? How many FUEs were removed from back there? 

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

2 hours ago, Dr Blake Bloxham said:

RD, 

Is it only the donor area or the entire scalp? How many FUEs were removed from back there? 

Only the donor area, like I’ve said in previous posts, it’s a very faint feeling but my scalp does feel different after the procedure. I healed quite well, maybe it’s in my head? 

2 minutes ago, Rdasilva604 said:

Only the donor area, like I’ve said in previous posts, it’s a very faint feeling but my scalp does feel different after the procedure. I healed quite well, maybe it’s in my head? 

Here’s my OP 

Rd, 

Thank you for sharing. Looks like a nice spread on the extractions and a small diameter punch (my guess is 0.8 - 0.9mm). 

If you were my patient, I would tell you to wait another 6 months and see if this subsided. I know 12 months seems like an eternity, but it is really a short period as far as the body and its healing process is concerned. Remember that each time a cut is made anywhere, there is the potential for damage and changes to blood vessels, nerves, skin tissue, etc., as it heals. So there always is the potential for some slight "sensation" change. However, it is just as likely that things are still rearranging and healing a little bit. So, as annoying as it is to hear a doctor tell you to "give it more time," I would simply give it another 6 months before making a final assessment. 

Hope this helps. 

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

23 hours ago, Rdasilva604 said:

Thanks for the positive response, I’ll definitely give Nizoral a try. What’s the topical liquid that you use?

Cheers

Clobetasol Propionate; I'm not sure if it would aid in what you're experiencing, but for me, it works wonders in soothing an itchy, irritable scalp when I have a flare up. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I’m with Dr. Blake on this one.  Your donor area heals very quickly on the surface and looks good in a short amount of time but beneath the surface, a lot is going on.  Be patient and see if more time takes care of the situation.  Sounds like “pkipling” may have a helpful solution.  Share that idea with your doctor.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.