Options if you have sides from Fin?

vboteju

I have had sides with Fin multiple times now - tried lowering dose, decreasing frequency etc. Did not work. Coming to the conclusion that it is not for me. 

Any recs on what to use if Fin is not an option? I am on min and keto shampoo. Considering pumpkin seed oil, saw palmetto, azelaic acid. 

16 hours ago, vboteju said:

I have had sides with Fin multiple times now - tried lowering dose, decreasing frequency etc. Did not work. Coming to the conclusion that it is not for me. 

Any recs on what to use if Fin is not an option? I am on min and keto shampoo. Considering pumpkin seed oil, saw palmetto, azelaic acid. 

I’m in a similar boat as you. Tried for about a year and a half to no avail to find a fin dose and dosing schedule that would put me under the threshold for sides. 

The truth is that there really isn’t an alternative treatment to take the place of fin. All you can do is stick with min and Niz. Sorry, I know it’s a bummer. I’ve defintely lost ground since I stopped fin over a year ago. Frustrating feeling knowing you have to choose between hair loss and fin side effects. 

Hasson and Wong offered a topical liposomal finasteride gel. Supposedly this decreased systemic absorption by a lot but did not stop it 109%. I do not know if they still offer it but from what I remember it was quite expensive and from memory an Italian pharmacy compounded it. Might be worth looking into

• 8 months later...
On 1/14/2019 at 8:56 PM, yesplease said:

I’m in a similar boat as you. Tried for about a year and a half to no avail to find a fin dose and dosing schedule that would put me under the threshold for sides. 

The truth is that there really isn’t an alternative treatment to take the place of fin. All you can do is stick with min and Niz. Sorry, I know it’s a bummer. I’ve defintely lost ground since I stopped fin over a year ago. Frustrating feeling knowing you have to choose between hair loss and fin side effects. 

You dont have to go through such sides. Sometimes just shaving the hair will do more for your mental health in the long run. You should not live under those side effects.