Transplant Hair loss after 5 years

npk21

Hello guys, 

5 years ago I had a FUT with around 3200 hairs, the surgery was done successfully by Dr Radha (vishakhapatnam India) , it was a successful transplant, and the hair for last few years were dense and dark, but due to itchy scalp with lots of infection almost all my transplant hair lost due to scratchy scalpe, and now I am back to my old bald days, I don't know what should i do next, I don't even know if i have any donor hair left to take another round of surgery, I am not sure if the transplant follicles are still alive or dead... What do you suggest guys? 20141015_101853.jpg.0eabeab5372ad024393ab9383df9211e.jpg

IMG_20131215_095311.jpg

20181220_130910.jpg

There really is not a enough data to give you any valuable advice. 

Preop pics would be helpful.  My guess would be that you still had hair to lose when you had the 3200 grafts. You opted to not take finasteride and lost more hair in a relatively short amount of time, leaving your transplant sparse compared to your initial results. However, if your transplant were dry and combed, I feel it wouldn't be a disaster. 

Anyway, you could consider fin and have a consultation to check on how much donor you have left. I would guess that you do have grafts left. 

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• Administrators

You stated that you got an infection that caused hair fall, did you see a doctor? My concern is that you may have an underlying condition. It may be wise to have a biopsy first before committing to another surgery.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I am applying herbal oil for itching and dandruff, have not shown to any doctor yet... But my main concern is...whether only my hair have shed away or also the the roots of the grafts....-if the roots are still there...i can start back finasteride to re grow them again...

• Administrators

It’s hard to say, how long has it been since the hair fall? If it’s been over a year it’s likely the hair won’t grow back. With that said, consult with a doctor in person. I suggest going on our recommended list and finding a surgeon near you for consultation in person.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.