Can I get FUT done after damage to donor due to FUE?

I am writing on behalf of MedLinks and Dr Gaurang Krishna.
One esteemed member of this forum,Mr Tressful has been posting his experience at this clinic and which obviously wasnt good.
The thing that baffles me is that when the clinic replied back asking for him to visit or contact the clinic he chose not reply. He has been replying to.all other comments and suggestions but not to clinic. Why?
Anything will be appreciated ..positive or negative..accusation or anything..but atleast communicate. 
Not showing the front (due to.privacy), crop the face and post. 
It's also amazing that the members who are diligently replying on the thread never suggested to take the grievances to the concerned clinic and doctor. 
If the person doesnt want to come to the clinic or totally mistrusts the competence, atleast should reply on this forum.
Doesnt this community feel that a physician who has been giving consistently excellent results, what suddenly happened with this particular patient. We all know that results may vary and no one can GUARANTEE success every time. But how come, everything fell apart in this particular case..density, angle, donor everything..
I am attaching some pics for the community to see our work by and large. And though every patient cant get the same result, the variation is usually not too high. 
Wont it be interesting to know whether this was his first,  second or third procedure.
Wont it be interesting to know that when this doctor very very strongly recommends less transplant and more meds, what transpired in this particular case that he recommended a hair transplant over medicines over a vertex which hasn't matured yet. 
Also, when some patients come in support of this doctor without any PRIVACY issues, questions are being raised about their authenticity. As suggested by a member, did the admin check on the IP addresses..if yes, pls tell the community what was found. Were they posted from the same IP?..

Also, someone pointed out that thsi thread has become publicity for a particular clinic..actually I feel it has become bashing ground for 2 clinics..
People are ready to believe a perosn who uses a made up name and has privacy issues and branding the posts with real names and no.privacy issues as fake??
Does only negativity counts?
Isnt this just cyber trolling?

There is a saying in the medical fraternity 
"IF a surgeon says that he/she never faced any complications,  either he is lying or is not operating enough"
With thousands of patients whom we have catered to, there are some where the outcome wasnt as expected..all of them came back to us and appropriate rectification was done. This case is unique, that despite openly requesting him to contact us directly if he doesnt want to reveal name on a social platform, he continues to get active once in a year and posting reviews across forums but never comes or calls the clinic for complaining etc. Doesnt the community feel that it's a bit odd.

• Administrators

@MedLinks Hair Transplants

Instead of showing compassion and empathy, you’ve come on the offensive attacking our community. I suggest you actually speak on this individual case, and not involve any other patients that have nothing to do with your patient. Trying to bring down another patient shows a lack of class. 

We’re all about keeping a fair and open environment on our forum. You have every opportunity to discuss the issues involving your patient. I suggest you use this opportunity to help your patient, instead pf attacking the very platform you wish to use. I will not tolerate you involving any other patients that have nothing to do with this case.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the reply Melvin. 

Glad that you noticed the post.

I am merely pointing out the differential approach you have adopted on this forum. On certain posts you ask the poster to prove that he has got the procedure done from a certain clinic. On another post you dont care to check the credentials. You dont moderate the abusive language used in the post. 

On one hand you suggest a patient to keep.long hair to cover the fue scars and then suggest to go for strip excision or SMP to another patient. Can you explain this differential approach if you claim to maintain neutrality..

As I have been unable to contact you personally, I.am putting it here in a hope that you suggest a way to communicate with you directly and not through a forum

Thanks 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, MedLinks Hair Transplants said:

Thanks for the reply Melvin. 

Glad that you noticed the post.

I am merely pointing out the differential approach you have adopted on this forum. On certain posts you ask the poster to prove that he has got the procedure done from a certain clinic. On another post you dont care to check the credentials. You dont moderate the abusive language used in the post. 

On one hand you suggest a patient to keep.long hair to cover the fue scars and then suggest to go for strip excision or SMP to another patient. Can you explain this differential approach if you claim to maintain neutrality..

As I have been unable to contact you personally, I.am putting it here in a hope that you suggest a way to communicate with you directly and not through a forum

Thanks 

Yes, we reach out to our clinics to verify patients. We have our recommended clinics contact information. I don’t have your clinics contact information, so your point is moot. You say that you’ve been unable to contact me, but you somehow feel I should be able to contact you? Does that make any sense. 

Out of all of the paragraphs, I failed to see one sentence that acknowledged the patients dissatisfaction or feelings. You’ve spent your time on this forum attacking us and our community, and playing the victim- this is not a good look for any clinic.

As I said, your posts would be better served trying to help your patient, instead of attacking our forum and the members of this community. We all know failures occur with every surgeon/clinic, but what separates good surgeons from bad ones is how they treat unhappy patients. I suggest you put as much time and effort in helping your patient, as you’ve put attacking us. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

15 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Yes, we reach out to our clinics to verify patients. We have our recommended clinics contact information. I don’t have your clinics contact information, so your point is moot. You say that you’ve been unable to contact me, but you somehow feel I should be able to contact you? Does that make any sense. 

Out of all of the paragraphs, I failed to see one sentence that acknowledged the patients dissatisfaction or feelings. You’ve spent your time on this forum attacking us and our community, and playing the victim- this is not a good look for any clinic.

As I said, your posts would be better served trying to help your patient, instead of attacking our forum and the members of this community. We all know failures occur with every surgeon/clinic, but what separates good surgeons from bad ones is how they treat unhappy patients. I suggest you put as much time and effort in helping your patient, as you’ve put attacking us. 

In the very first post we have requested the patient to come forward. Perhaps you missed those paragraphs. And in each of the post I have mentioned, how we really want to connect with this person and help him in whatever way we can. I replied an year back also but to no avail. So trying again.

Taking a note on your suggestion, I request you to kindly ask this person to contact us and get this sorted. I will be highly obliged if I somehow get his contact or he contacts us. This needs to be sorted.

Edited by MedLinks Hair Transplants

The damage done by the surgeon is already more than enough to destroy my life. 
Surely I must have uttered a few indecent words overcome by the rage of lies told to me and damage done to me, but the immediate hijacking of the thread by fake accounts and astroturfing on my thread are a clear indicator of why almost everyone saw through the bullshit and stood by my side. 
Several of the pics posted by the accounts astroturfing on behalf of the clinic show clear rectagular impact to the donor. 

You deceived and lied to a innocent young guy for a few lakhs. I don't care if the thread gets banned, locked, deleted. 
I just hope that one day justice is delivered and the lies and charade are uncovered. 
The day India gets stricter laws against the medical fraternity I am going to sue.

• Administrators

@tressful11

To keep things fair, please pm me your name and date of surgery to confirm you’re his patient, so the physician can reach out to you. 

We will not lock, ban or delete this thread. We stand by patients, we’re one of the few forums that stand for patient advocacy.

• Like 1

View my thread

Just now, Melvin-Moderator said:

@tressful11

To keep things fair, please pm me your name and date of surgery to confirm you’re his patient, so the physician can reach out to you. 

Melvin, I don't have any faith in the system anymore. The impact pattern on my donor clearly matches the several pictures posted by the clinic themselves. 
I've seen the latest debacles and bullying by other surgeons based in my country. If anything, my experience from beginning to end was traumatic. 
I don't want to be bullied. I know how bad my country's judiciary is. 
I don't care what follows next. After years of hiding in my home and unable to head out due to the depression, I am don't have any strength to tolerate anymore lies or do not wish to communicate with any unethical surgeons. 

7 minutes ago, tressful11 said:

The damage done by the surgeon is already more than enough to destroy my life. 
Surely I must have uttered a few indecent words overcome by the rage of lies told to me and damage done to me, but the immediate hijacking of the thread by fake accounts and astroturfing on my thread are a clear indicator of why almost everyone saw through the bullshit and stood by my side. 
Several of the pics posted by the accounts astroturfing on behalf of the clinic show clear rectagular impact to the donor. 

You deceived and lied to a innocent young guy for a few lakhs. I don't care if the thread gets banned, locked, deleted. 
I just hope that one day justice is delivered and the lies and charade are uncovered. 
The day India gets stricter laws against the medical fraternity I am going to sue.

Thanks for replying. I request you to contact us and we will do the best to address your concerns. Do not worry a bit. Everything has a solution. We stand by you. That's how we grow.

Money is the last of our concern. I am happy that we are finally connected. Being the head of operations at MedLinks I assure you that you will be well served and all grievances rectified.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, tressful11 said:

Melvin, I don't have any faith in the system anymore. The impact pattern on my donor clearly matches the several pictures posted by the clinic themselves. 
I've seen the latest debacles and bullying by other surgeons based in my country. If anything, my experience from beginning to end was traumatic. 
I don't want to be bullied. I know how bad my country's judiciary is. 
I don't care what follows next. After years of hiding in my home and unable to head out due to the depression, I am don't have any strength to tolerate anymore lies or do not wish to communicate with any unethical surgeons. 

@tressful11

I think any clinic would think twice about bullying a patient, because they could get exposed on this forum, and that would be a huge mistake. I would say that it’s best to at least contact them to see what they have to offer, maybe smp or BHT to the donor. In the end, you always have this forum, we have your back no matter what.

View my thread

I heard all this sweet talk before and during booking the surgery too. There's no way I am going to risk being bullied. 
I should've seen through it earlier but I suppose I deserved this result for being naive and not doing my research and looking for a more reputed clinic. 
If anything my experience throughout was a clear indicator of what's going to happen next if I communicate further. 

I've already asked the forum members for advise on experienced and ethical repair surgeons. Even if the account gets deleted, I'll just reach out to Joe Tillman or other forum advisors directly. 

Will reiterate my parting words: I hope I get justice someday. And I promise that the day India's laws get stricter, I AM GOING TO SUE! I promise!

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, tressful11 said:

I heard all this sweet talk before and during booking the surgery too. There's no way I am going to risk being bullied. 
I should've seen through it earlier but I suppose I deserved this result for being naive and not doing my research and looking for a more reputed clinic. 
If anything my experience throughout was a clear indicator of what's going to happen next if I communicate further. 

I've already asked the forum members for advise on experienced and ethical repair surgeons. Even if the account gets deleted, I'll just reach out to Joe Tillman or other forum advisors directly. 

Will reiterate my parting words: I hope I get justice someday. And I promise that the day India's laws get stricter, I AM GOING TO SUE! I promise!

Why do you keep saying we will ban you, we are a community of patients, we are far more than just one person. We’re not going to ban or suppress you in any way. I’m not sure you keep reporting this, as that has never been our way. 

In the end, I wish you the best, and if you’re bullied in any shape or way. I ask that you contact me directly and I will sort it out on your behalf.

View my thread

I only mentioned because it's possible the account gets banned or deleted just because I am unwilling to reveal my identity. I guess that's a fair concern because everyone would think that any bad review without revealing identity would be fake. 

This thing has taken so much emotional toll on me that I've ZERO faith in any honest resolution (given the fact how unethical everything about the procedure seemed from start to end). I've barely been able to head out of my house since years. I've lost all my friends due to the fear of being laughed at. As if the emotional toll of losing hair at an early age was not enough, I had a badly botched surgery to top off it. 

We've seen plenty of badly botched results on this forum by other unethical surgeons who took advantage of young men's insecurity with hairloss. So it's not like I am unique lying fraud. 

I need to focus on getting a repair now. I will probably reach out to Joe Tillman later to seek his opinion too. Maybe if things go well and I am able to get a successful repair, I will consider revealing my identity by doing a video of my experience with Joe Tillman or on my personal profile.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, tressful11 said:

I only mentioned because it's possible the account gets banned or deleted just because I am unwilling to reveal my identity. I guess that's a fair concern because everyone would think that any bad review without revealing identity would be fake. 

This thing has taken so much emotional toll on me that I've ZERO faith in any honest resolution (given the fact how unethical everything about the procedure seemed from start to end). I've barely been able to head out of my house since years. I've lost all my friends due to the fear of being laughed at. As if the emotional toll of losing hair at an early age was not enough, I had a badly botched surgery to top off it. 

We've seen plenty of badly botched results on this forum by other unethical surgeons who took advantage of young men's insecurity with hairloss. So it's not like I am unique lying fraud. 

I need to focus on getting a repair now. I will probably reach out to Joe Tillman later to seek his opinion too. Maybe if things go well and I am able to get a successful repair, I will consider revealing my identity by doing a video of my experience with Joe Tillman or on my personal profile.

We are a community of thousands, Joe is only one person. Everyone comes here to seek help, and to get no nonsense information without any bias. I am here to help, I'm not just a moderator, I am a hair loss sufferer and hair transplant veteran. Truthfully, it is unfair to not allow a surgeon to comment on your case publicly, or to not allow him to try and help. That said, I will not ban you because of it. We may need to lock the thread, because it's really not fair to have a one-way discussion without giving the clinic the opportunity to respond.

That said, I want you to believe in our system here, we are patient advocates, and together we are stronger than any one person or clinic. I can promise that this clinic would have to be insane to try and bully you on this forum, the damage done to their reputation would be unrepairable. 

View my thread

On 2/20/2019 at 5:41 AM, Dharmendra Kumar Singh said:

Hello everyone my name is Dharmendra Singh.

I underwent hair transplant in Medlinks on 29 August 2017 . Baldness is a curse as it affects not only your confidence but your mental strength also. I finally decided to have hair transplant.An extensive search finally ended at the doors of Medlinks where I got two world class doctors Dr Gaurang Krishna and Dr Pankaj Chaturvedi. Believe me everyone these two doctors are gem of a person at both personal and professional level. My hair transplant process was flawless . Believe me everyone Medlinks is one of the best hair transplant organization in pan India . It not only commutes domestic but global patients too for hair transplant. When I underwent hair transplant I was 25 . Coming back to the ethical practices of our two most lovable doctors Gaurang Sir and Pankaj Sir I would only say one thing they are not only handsome but they have a decent heart 💓 too. Love you Gaurang Sir. I still remember I panicked because of anaesthesia injections and Gaurang Sir sat beside me and pacified me. I would like to say one thing that if the sailor of the ship is top notch in his service  and a genuine guy the passenger hardly bothers of the deepness of ocean. I underwent hair transplant because I had complete belief in my lovely Gaurang Sir. 

Coming to the donor area - My donor area is completely fine now. Strands of deep rooted hairs have covered my donor area now. 

I believed in Medlinks , I believed in Gaurang Sir and this belief changed my life completely.

As I had become bald I had lost my personality and myself somewhere but Medlinks ensured well enough to put me back on track of happiness and success.

Literally speaking the warmth, cordial and lovable nature exhibited by Gaurang Sir is unmatchable.i love you Gaurang Sir.

My journey from sad less confident bald to bold confident Dharmendra Kumar Singh

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XMvzPwErvG7uD5QBA

I have summarized my whole journey of almost 1.5 years in the above link in the form of photos. Everyone kindly have a look into it.

And Medlinks I love you .

Lots of love and hugs to Gaurang Sir .

IMG-20180401-WA0006.thumb.jpg.d1310a6ef6a95c3474acb8b995756677.jpg

IMG_20180616_220011.jpg

IMG_20181030_183350_01.jpg

IMG_20181203_125231.jpg

IMG_20180918_205016.jpg

IMG_20181215_183957.jpg

IMG_20181011_205737.jpg

IMG_20181011_182935.jpg

IMG_20181215_183957.jpg

IMG_20180824_211437.jpg

IMG_20170803_131508.jpg

IMG_20180125_123617.jpg

IMG-20180131-WA0004.jpg

I hate to be blunt ,,  but this clinic is a joke .. u know they dirty when they either pay or gave some sorta of incentive to get someone to butt into someone else’s thread to sing a love poem about about their clinic..

- what normal reviewer/ man would start their review with “they are not only handsome n with a decent heart.N  he says he love them ,  n stuff like that .. that’s just funny .. come on . 
would anyone trust people like that to deliver ur mail , or pay them to do surgery on ur head ? Well anyways , good luck op getting a refund or Anything from them , it’s not going to be very likely, even though they messed up ur donor real bad . looks like amateur work . Sorry 😐 

p.s. even tho I complained about my own ht , but seeing work like this ,, I’  can’t complain anymore n feel more appreciative about my results ..  best wishes op, 

Edited by Legend007

2 hours ago, Legend007 said:

I hate to be blunt ,,  but this clinic is a joke .. u know they dirty when they either pay or gave some sorta of incentive to get someone to butt into someone else’s thread to sing a love poem about about their clinic..

- what normal reviewer/ man would start their review with “they are not only handsome n with a decent heart.N  he says he love them ,  n stuff like that .. that’s just funny .. come on . 
would anyone trust people like that to deliver ur mail , or pay them to do surgery on ur head ? Well anyways , good luck op getting a refund or Anything from them , it’s not going to be very likely, even though they messed up ur donor real bad . looks like amateur work . Sorry 😐 

p.s. even tho I complained about my own ht , but seeing work like this ,, I’  can’t complain anymore n feel more appreciative about my results ..  best wishes op, 

Yea. The entire process was shady as hell from beginning to end. 
I was young and desperate to regain my hair and couldn't see through the charade.
What's funny is that they shot themselves in the foot here by trying to astroturf but all the forum members quickly saw through the bullshit. 
A forum which literally houses world's top respected hair restoration surgeons and hair transplant veterans will catch a trolling clinic red-handed. Who would've thought?
They tried to pull off a "not every surgery is gauranteed to be successfull" and then posted pictures of donor regions with the exact some rectangular impacted donor pattern that looks like it was eaten by moths. I mean seriously? They literally ended up giving weight to all my accusations.

While my choice of words may have been inappropriate and harsh at places because of how enraged I was due to the lies and manipulation for a few lakhs, it's clear that they aren't anything they are now pretending to be in attempt to cover-up the astroturfing tactic they tried to pull off earlier. Which is why I have been extremely apprehensive of reaching out to them for a resolution. If anything, trying to communicate would be futile and only lead to more damage.

It's my fault that I couldn't see through all their nonsense but I was young back then and when you are young you tend to take extremely stupid decisions.
I truly hope justice is served one day (If I am lying then I hope I face the consequences. But I know I am honest and karma will bite back the wrongdoer someday)

Anyways, I have to move on in life and focus on finding an ethical repair surgeon now. I won't be wasting any more time being depressed about my already pathetic hair and won't be posting any updates here. 
This community has been extremely supportive throughout and I truly appreciate all the forum members for their overwheming kindness and support, especially @Melvin-Moderator

When I have enough savings to afford a repair, I'll post a new thread for surgeon suggestions and will also post my repair updates (if any).

Edited by tressful11
  • Like 1

Hey Legend...nice to see you back!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 5 months later...

Hey Buddy

I am truly sorry to see your donor to have been butchered like this. The pattern of extraction is clearly careless and I'd assume they used a motorized punch to get as many grafts out as soon as possible not respecting distance between them as seen on your pictures. The lack of ethics is astonishing, we are in 2020. They knew exactly what they were doing.

Your problem relies heavily on the contrast of your skin/hair which makes it more obvious. Good thing is that there is a solution but it's a 2 step one, just like mine.

I have simulated 600 grafts BHT into your right donor. You would need about 1.500-1.800 from beard/chest to close all the gaps. This will also help pigment the scaring and reduce skin contrast. After this you would need to get SMP to finish the job. You will have a pristine donor and would be able to shave the back.

[url=https://ibb.co/p4gh02m][img]https://i.ibb.co/tYSLmBd/600-BHT-REPAIR.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=https://ibb.co/ZSmL8NW][img]https://i.ibb.co/dtgW27G/DSC03695-jpg-8ead19b1a85eaa0d92885bb4e7a1c4a1.jpg[/img][/url]

600 BHT REPAIR.jpg

DSC03695.jpg.8ead19b1a85eaa0d92885bb4e7a1c4a1.jpg

Edited by mustang
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Beard donor may produce a better overall yield than chest hair...be careful using chest donor as the regrowth results patient to patient are unpredictable.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

1 hour ago, gillenator said:

Beard donor may produce a better overall yield than chest hair...be careful using chest donor as the regrowth results patient to patient are unpredictable.

Will beard hair be almost as good on the donor as normal hair?

Edited by Ajamilo

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Ajamilo said:

Will beard hair be almost as good on the donor as normal hair?

It’s close but not as good, it’s better with afrocentric hair, since the beard and scalp hair is similar.

View my thread