Looking For Advice On Pulling The Trigger On At hair transplant

Hi guys, long time lurker. I've consulted with a hair transplant doctor and here are some of the pictures they took. We both agreed it would take multiple hair transplant's for the best results. We would focus the most on the front trying to achieve about 60grafts/cm2 and then work towards the back. Let me know what you guys think based on the pictures if I could get a decent result. Thanks.

IMG_8371.JPG

IMG_8372.JPG

IMG_8373.JPG

IMG_8374.JPG

IMG_8376.JPG

IMG_8377.JPG

IMG_8378.JPG

IMG_8379.JPG

Which clinic? Your hair seems quite fine and that is a lot of area to cover and you are heading towards a NW5 pattern by the looks of it. Are you on meds? I'd debate a more conservative hairline and certainly wouldn't be looking at lowering it. What did this clinic say your donor density is and how many grafts? FUE or FUT?

I'd go with a hairline a bit more conservative which traces your existing 'hairline' if you get my meaning.

You will undoubtedly need 2 HTs, each of 2500+.  Donor looks average but you have hair colour/skin contrast which is low and will work in your favour.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Agree with what's being said. Contrast between hair/scalp is low and will add to the illusion of density. Just go into this knowing you will need 2 hair transplants now, plus another possibly down the road. Also keep in mind at best you will achieve a thinning crown with your second hair transplant. Though you can definitely thicken things/create the illusion of density with SMP. Meds can also thicken some of the miniaturized hairs, adding to the density.

Re: I wouldn't call it a more conservative hairline… I think dreaded V or U shape hairline here. But maybe go for more of a male angle. I agree you should not lower it. Keep in mind, depending on your facial structure you can opt for slightly higher placement and less recession. Though based on your ethnic background… Avoid too straight of the hairline. You want that male angle.

Not sure if you're on medications? Maybe speak to your doctor about Propecia prior to your hair transplant. Not necessarily to stop hair loss, but the thicken some of the miniaturized hairs. The hairs that are on their way out and most susceptible to shock loss. Then of course the big three after to keep what you have.

Another point, your crown is starting to drop. Meds a most effective here. See the photo example. Hundred percent speak to your doctor about the big three. Your goal is to keep as much of your original hair as possible.

Nothing wrong with getting a hair transplant. And it looks like your a candidate. Just don't think this is a one-shot deal. If you take the leap… You're committed for life. The benefits can be life-changing, but it's a lifestyle change. Meaning you need to do everything you can to keep the hair that you have/slow your hair loss. Don't think it's a one-shot deal.

Good luck man.

2019-01-13_1559.png

Hey thanks for the great replies. I have been using minoxidil for about 4months now. I have taken propecia in the past but I got some side effects,  I may try it again. I'm prepared for to go to an elite level surgeon so thus far I'm looking at Hasson and Wong, Rahal and Dr Diep.

If you can, speak to your doctor about getting on Propecia. Maybe add Nizoral to your routine. It's cheap and the active ingredient is found in a lot of hair loss shampoos. A study suggested it's just effective as Rogaine. 

Take your time man and ask lots of questions. Good luck man!

13 hours ago, John Baris said:

I think your hair is suitable for a procedure. Your hair color can be tricky for young doctors so try to stick with an experienced surgeon. They use more grafts than necessary to fill the area and you lose your donor hair for nothing. 

Also, I believe around 3,200 grafts would be enough, I am not too sure about two sittings. I wouldn't go with an aggressive hairline fix, a more balanced strategy would be better in the long term.

I think you will need another procedure after a few years, so the first one should be done carefully and accordingly. 

I believe you can get a very good look with an excellent procedure. Let me know if you need more help choosing your surgeon!

@John Baris,

you seem to be new here and while you’ve provided some good advice you seem to be unfamiliar with our policies.  Our moderator Melvin has already removed your link so I couldn’t see where you linked to.  However based on your response I assume you work for a hair restoration clinic and likely hot linked to their website. For starters, linking to a non-recommended clinics website is against our policies.  Secondly, if you work for a clinic you need to put a disclaimer in your forum signature stating this.  So please respond to this topic letting us know who you are and then moving forward be sure to follow the rules you signed up for when you joined.  

Thanks,

Bill

32 minutes ago, John Baris said:

Hey Bill,

I try to get my signature but couldn't make it happen. If you can help me with that, it would be great. I am actually a little different than a clinic, I am the founder of Hair Guru Agency. My idea is, making sure people don't get hurt from the black market and unlicensed doctors. I recommend one doctor only because I believe he is the right model for all other clinics. I have his rights to represent him to all English speaking countries. I will write that down to my signature once I figure out how to do so.

As I have only one surgeon I recommend, and because he performs the surgery personally, I can only help a few patients monthly. Our idea at the agency is to make sure all the clinics in Turkey bring the same standards and we protect patients from all over the world. For this reason, I will try to work closely with ISHRS and make sure it functions more strongly.

While I do this, I like to visit different forums and tell my opinions to people. If they ask for help, I help them for free. So far, I have made no income from this and helped many people to make their decision.

One instance is, a patient asked me my opinion of a Turkish surgeon. Without telling my personal opinion, I explained him the different packages the clinic offers. After hearing that, he realized that there is technician involvement. Then, he made a choice knowing everything about the doctor and he is very happy with the result. 

In another instance, I helped a patient to decide if he will get the surgery or not. From my point of view, his scalp and hair characteristics were not fit for surgery. He was about to get a crazy amount of grafts from a clinic I won't name. He changed his mind then and chose a different, non-surgical treatment. Later, he found out that this particular clinic had many instances with similar cases where the results were really unimpressive.

This is what we do at the agency. I have a business background and live in Canada. I have attended the last ISHRS conference in Los Angeles and am familiar with many doctors. But because I respect them, I choose not to give my direct opinion and explain the factors to people when they ask. And now, I offer help to people making their choices. I don't care who chooses which clinic, I only care the choice is made with every information known and willingly accepted. I hope, forum moderators will help me doing so and I would like to help anyone who has questions. 

John. Can you guide me to a doc in Turkey that is ethical and achieves natural results please? And is in compliance with the IHRS. Hope its not too much to ask brother i appreciate it massively

2 minutes ago, John Baris said:

Hello,

I think it would be inappropriate to compare different names here. I would rather talk about the ISHRS fellow members.

Kayihan Sahinoglu - I represent him because he is the oldest member of the organization in Turkey. He doesn't work any technicians, has been doing this for 22 years, prefers FUE. He and Tayfun Oguzoglu will host an ISHRS workshop in this May for ISHRS members where they will show their techniques to all members. 

Ali Emre Karadeniz - He is a younger version of Kayihan Sahinoglu, very talented and prefers to build a strategy rather than planting as many grafts as possible. He offers packages where either you can get the surgery from him personally, or from a technician, or extraction him and planting by the technician. He is another fellow member.

These are the two doctors I would go myself. This does not mean other surgeons are not good or unethical. The reason why I picked them is their dedication to their profession. And also, these two are the only clinics where you get a response if something goes wrong after your surgery. Kayihan Sahinoglu is now in Amsterdam, he went to meet there with his patients he performed the surgery in the last year. He is going to check their progress personally and explain their questions. I know he travels to Germany too because his main patient base is there.

If you like, I can give consultation for free and let you know what I think about you. If you like it, I try to connect you to the right people.

I hope this answers your question.

Awesome respone John. I appreciate your wisdom greatly. Okay i will look into each doc and get back to you soon. I appreciate you. I am mainly looking for repair work on the hairline since i already had a ht on the hairline 3 years ago and the result was not good, too straight of a line, hairline did not consist of only single hair grafts and overall did not look natural. Looking for a doc who achieves natural and can repair this

Serdal,

Unfortunately, the above post or John Baris has been flagged as a spammer. He has been trolling multiple topics asking members to contact him for additional help and then linking to a hair transplant clinic’s website. He stopped doing the linking after we called him out however, it’s obvious he is trying to get members to contact him in order to send them  to the hair transplant surgeon he works for.  

Also, I am confused by your question and why your question even matters.   I say this because no needle is necessarily superior over another and this is not a common question at all. So why would it matter what kind of needle a particular surgeon uses and why would you think this particular one is superior to others? 

It makes me wonder if you are working alongside this John guy and your question was to bate him to reply with why a particular surgeon ( The one he works for of course) he knows about is doing great work and using this particular needle, blah blah blah.  

I haven’t compared to IP addresses yet but  John’s post and your response is quite suspect And indicative of an attempt to covertly promote some unknown hair transplant surgeon with  no proven track record of producing outstanding results.

If you are the same poster as John or somebody working with him, I suggest you cease and desist now because this will not be allowed here. 

Besides, our members are very astute and several have already brought this little exchange to our attention.  

Best,

Bil

2 hours ago, ripper89 said:

Damn, all I wanted was some advice and it turned into this.

Skip Diep is my advice. Good results but rumors and stories of unethical practices and in my opinion, he doesn't look after the donors. As I said above, I think your hair is quite fine so you need to look after your donor as you need to get it right first time and will definitely need a second pass. I would add my clinic to your list too: Hattingen. The other two you have mentioned are good.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, ripper89 said:

Damn, all I wanted was some advice and it turned into this.

Sorry that your thread was de-railed. You have some good surgeons on your list. Frankly, any of the surgeons on your list can provide excellent results. I disagree with the poster above rumors are exactly that rumors. I’m a walking testament of Dr. Dieps work, as are countless others on the forum my donor is in no way destroyed or compromised and I can still withstand another 1,000 grafts via FUE

Either way, you can’t go wrong with either of the surgeons you mentioned. I would also include Gabel, Cooley, Konoir, Shapiro to your list. At the end of the day, go by results and who you feel comfortable with. I also suggest sticking with FUT first, although I had the same hairloss as you and chose FUE, it certainly cost me more money in the long run and took longer. I knew that going in but it’s obviously not the most efficient way. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I am sorry, I disagree. They may be rumors in the literal sense of the word purely because there is no proof but they are on several different, unrelated fora with several different unrelated posters posting the same complaints. I have also had a surgeon recommended on this website tell me things he has heard too. This should raise eyebrows. I have read of two separate cases, one of this forum and one on another, where he has told patients whilst they are mid-procedure he would throw extra grafts in the trash if the patient did not pay extra money. Highly unethical if true, but as you say, no proof so just rumors but I would still think twice.

Secondly, he seems to get protection status on here when people post pictures of other patients' donors. I remember one thread about him in particular had pictures of an absolutely butchered donor and rather address the concerns, the pictures were removed despite the pictures having come from another thread on this forum anyway. He uses too large a punch in my opinion and also shows poor judgement like taking all of the FUE grafts from one side of the patient's donor. In fact, that thread actually has several more seasoned posters here sharing concerns about him.

He does get good results but so do other clinics with less controversial stories about them, true or otherwise, and that in my opinion look after the donor sites better.

Edited by TrixGlendevon
  • Like 1

• Administrators

The thread you just posted, shows a patient with less than a month post-op. Moreover, the grafts extracted are 1,300, while other clinics are extracting 4,000 to 5,000 in one day. The notion or idea that 1,300 grafts is poor donor management seems ridiculous to me. However, regardless you're entitled to your opinion and really it is up to the poster to decide.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 minute ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

The thread you just posted, shows a patient with less than a month post-op. Moreover, the grafts extracted are 1,300, while other clinics are extracting 4,000 to 5,000 in one day. The notion or idea that 1,300 grafts is poor donor management seems ridiculous to me. However, regardless you're entitled to your opinion and really it is up to the poster to decide.

I am not saying it is poor donor management because of the graft numbers and I think the others in the thread who made this point were also quite clear about that. I am saying the very bizarre distribution is poor judgement. The guy is a repair job to begin with and has a scarred donor and then he goes and takes all the grafts from one side of his head which will thin the hair out on one side. Even the patient has said he is not happy with it! What is poor donor management however is he has clearly used a 1.0 punch and the patient now has crater sized extraction wounds.

It is highly likely he will get a good result, as you did, that is not the issue. The issue for me is that I think you can go to other clinics and get an equally good result with less controversy.

On 1/14/2019 at 11:49 PM, in2deep said:

Awesome respone John. I appreciate your wisdom greatly. Okay i will look into each doc and get back to you soon. I appreciate you. I am mainly looking for repair work on the hairline since i already had a ht on the hairline 3 years ago and the result was not good, too straight of a line, hairline did not consist of only single hair grafts and overall did not look natural. Looking for a doc who achieves natural and can repair this

So is dr Kayihan Sahinoglu a real doctor or this whole thing is a scam? I’ve seen his website and he is a American Board Hair Restoration member, with awesome natural looking results however nothinf about him on this website. 

Probably is real but I have never heard of him (although I didn't even consider Turkey as a possibility so apart from the usual 3 suspects from there who everybody knows, I have no idea). The problem isn't the doctor per se, it is the person representing him. It all just seems a bit suspicious. Some guy's first post is to ask a very, very niche question to bait "John" into saying his surgeon uses that or something. I'd avoid. Not worth the risk.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Serdal,

Unfortunately, the above post or John Baris has been flagged as a spammer. He has been trolling multiple topics asking members to contact him for additional help and then linking to a hair transplant clinic’s website. He stopped doing the linking after we called him out however, it’s obvious he is trying to get members to contact him in order to send them  to the hair transplant surgeon he works for.  

Also, I am confused by your question and why your question even matters.   I say this because no needle is necessarily superior over another and this is not a common question at all. So why would it matter what kind of needle a particular surgeon uses and why would you think this particular one is superior to others? 

It makes me wonder if you are working alongside this John guy and your question was to bate him to reply with why a particular surgeon ( The one he works for of course) he knows about is doing great work and using this particular needle, blah blah blah.  

I haven’t compared to IP addresses yet but  John’s post and your response is quite suspect And indicative of an attempt to covertly promote some unknown hair transplant surgeon with  no proven track record of producing outstanding results.

If you are the same poster as John or somebody working with him, I suggest you cease and desist now because this will not be allowed here. 

Besides, our members are very astute and several have already brought this little exchange to our attention.  

Best,

Bil

I am new in this world i want a ht in turkey.i find out that the safir needle is the newest stuff ,its less bloody and seems healing faster..did you want any kind of operation in the "80s or the same operation at present with modern technics? For me its important ,it gives me an image of what kind of doctor/hospital i will have my ht.

I dont know this john baris , but i contacted dr kayihan. He asked 5000€ for 3500 -4000 grafts. No thanks! for that price i can do it here in holland or 5 times in turkey in a cheap clinic.

Maybe this john is working for the clinic to find some rich victims.

I will make a printscreen of my ip,dont bother yourself.if you want some other info i will give you that ,no problem!! i have nothing to hide. Its just surprise me how fast i am a suspicious person..only 1 post and thats enough.

Screenshot_20190116-182734_Settings.jpg

Edited by Serdal
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Serdal,

Best,

Bil

Thats my conversation with the doc. Kayihan. Its in turkish but am sure u have someone to translate to be sure.

Screenshot_2019-01-16-18-39-43.png

Screenshot_2019-01-16-18-39-36.png

Screenshot_2019-01-16-18-39-17.png

Screenshot_2019-01-16-18-38-49.png

3 hours ago, Serdal said:

Yeah if its true maybe thats why he is so expensive in turkey

I am not saying to go with this doctor or not. However, I will say that this is one of those things in life where you really do get what you pay for. A clinic in Holland that charges less than 5,000 euros for 4,000 grafts will almost definitely not give you the result you want. Going to a cheap clinic in Turkey that you are not able to research properly because of a lack of online results is highly risky. I would either save and go to a clinic with an established reputation and a consistent track record of results or not do it at all to be honest. If you absolutely have to do it in Turkey, Cinic seems to be pumping out very good results recently on here. As I said above, I have not really researched the Turkish clinics though as I never even considered going there so I would not be the best source of advice for that.

On 1/15/2019 at 9:14 PM, TrixGlendevon said:

I am sorry, I disagree. They may be rumors in the literal sense of the word purely because there is no proof but they are on several different, unrelated fora with several different unrelated posters posting the same complaints. I have also had a surgeon recommended on this website tell me things he has heard too. This should raise eyebrows. I have read of two separate cases, one of this forum and one on another, where he has told patients whilst they are mid-procedure he would throw extra grafts in the trash if the patient did not pay extra money. Highly unethical if true, but as you say, no proof so just rumors but I would still think twice.

Secondly, he seems to get protection status on here when people post pictures of other patients' donors. I remember one thread about him in particular had pictures of an absolutely butchered donor and rather address the concerns, the pictures were removed despite the pictures having come from another thread on this forum anyway. He uses too large a punch in my opinion and also shows poor judgement like taking all of the FUE grafts from one side of the patient's donor. In fact, that thread actually has several more seasoned posters here sharing concerns about him.

He does get good results but so do other clinics with less controversial stories about them, true or otherwise, and that in my opinion look after the donor sites better.

Hey that guys looks familiar....

Fuck.